Temporary Layed Off Claiming JSA Advice Needed Please

xxxc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im temporary lay off from work and claiming JSA

Jobseekers phoned me up yesterday about a temporary job, (not wanting to lose my full time job).I said I`m only temporary layed off, the girl said you have to look for work and that she will make a note of this call

Does anyone know what this will mean

Also any guidence on what I should have done or said.

I`m not a job dodger, just trying to keep my job of 27 years

Hi

Im temporary lay off from work and claiming JSA

Jobseekers phoned me up yesterday about a temporary job, (not wanting to lose my full time job).I said I`m only temporary layed off, the girl said you have to look for work and that she will make a note of this call

Does anyone know what this will mean

Also any guidence on what I should have done or said.

I`m not a job dodger, just trying to keep my job of 27 years

Are you temporary off work due to ill health? if it's not for ill health or you decided to have some time off I don't think the DWP would pay you benefit if you can be a bit more specific I am sure someone will come along and help you.

You have to remember that whilst claiming Job Seekers Allowance it's just that - an allowance for the job seeking! The person you spoke to on the phone probably wouldn't be aware of your full situation. All they would see is that they have called you to inform you of a temporary job (surely this would be better for you?) and you're turning the offer away as you're holding out for a job that may not come around for a couple of months. You will have signed a Jobseekers agreement stating you are looking for certain kinds of work - I doubt anything will happen as a result of you turning down this offer but if you keep turning down what they view as reasonable offers you run the risk of sanctions on your benefit.

Please don't thiink I'm trying to be sarcy or anything by the way! Good luck with the jobhunting!!

My Work is in construction and its due to lack of work on the company side that they have layed me off

In the letter informing me of this they say I should sign on at my local job centre which I didnt do for 3 months

Im worried that if I take another job then I will lose all redundacy that I would be entitled to as I would have to get my P45

When you signed on you were deemed as unemployed due to no job. There si no in between. When you stop claiming JSA you get a P45 from the JobCentre indicating that you have been unemployed and receiving benefits. The Job centre shoudl have asked you for a P45 when signing you on. Did you get one from your previous employer because if you did not then they are in serious trouble.

You are no longer connected with the company you worked with for 27 years as you are signing on for JSA. In essence the company should be subsidizing you if it is just a temproary layoff, but as it seems they are not, it means you have been made redundant. You should have received redundancy pay which shoudl ahve included holiday pay.

It seems that the company you worked for is flouting the rules to get around not paying redundancy money. This may also have tax avoidance issues.

Surfer01

I only got a letter saying I was temporary layed of and according uccatt (union) they can do this but have to pay 1 weeks basic wage every 12 weeks

As you have signed on, in effect the JobCentre is you new employer which is why you will get a P45 when you stop signing on. I am unsure what the regs in the building trade are but how can they expect someone to live ona week's wage for 12 weeks? Something not right here. I suggest you go into the JobCentre and explain the situation because if you are still supposed to be employed, you should not be signing on. Advise them that you have no P45 from your previous job.