• Tweets

• Sunak actually nailed it in his boring speech yesterday  Starmers only offering is vote to be depressed  Just about sums up lefties  Humourless and Depresive🤣
    • Ah ok I will see if we receive it in the post tomorrow before I go to work. We want to see theirs so we know what documents they will list ? If their N265 is not received then best to send ours so that we do not miss the claimants deadline as per their draft directions.  What would happen if we did miss the deadline even by 1 day ? The claimant would use it against us in court ?  I scanned and posted in #159 the claimants continuation sheet attached to the N244 where they give a background of the case and reference e-mails etc. After this I will continue to work on the WS which is also causing me anxiety. This will also be used to object to their SJ application. I will advise tomorrow if anything else is received.  
    • Last September our 2019 plate Motorhome went to Brownhills of Newark for its annual habitation check/service. Whilst on there site for the day one of their drivers managed to drive it into a lamp post and put a 2m long scratch down the side of the body. They didn't own up to the damage, but luckily we noticed it before leaving the site, at which point the admitted fault and said they would fix it in house rather than go through the insurance. As they are an authorised Motor home repairer etc we agreed to this and a time frame of 3 weeks was given for the repair, which was booked in for late November. It could not be booked in sooner for the repair as we had a weekends away etc booked with the vehicle until mid November.  3 weeks, and a simple re-spray has now evolved to 18 weeks of them having the vehicle, due to the spray job having to be done 3 times, a window seal not been re-fitted correctly, leading to rain water pouring into the van and the replacement decals been applied wrong twice & having to be re-ordered from Elddis who originally built the camper. We finally got the vehicle back in late April, still minus 1 of the decals.   Back in March we had an email from Brownhills asking what compensation we would accept due to the delays in returning the vehicle to us (They have had it for 18 weeks instead of the initial 3 weeks which was agreed). Once we finally got the vehicle back we told them what we expected (Basically the value that the camper has depreciated by in the extra 15 weeks they have had it and which time we were unable to use it). They are now refusing to honour any compensation and are only offering us a free service for when this is due in September.   Legally where do we stand?  Obviously we are not taking it back to them for a service, given that last time they managed to crash it and its taken so long for them to make such a simple repair. We are considering legal action, but are not really sure under what grounds/legislation we could claim. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    • Usual alarmist tripe from the Guardian exposed🤣     Many of the ‘Climate Experts’ Surveyed by the Guardian in Recent Propaganda Blitz Turn Out to be Emotionally-Unstable Hysterics – The Daily Sceptic DAILYSCEPTIC.ORG Last week, the Guardian published a survey of 383 'climate experts' and – shock – many of them turned out to be... The Guardian last week published its survey of ‘climate experts’. The results are a predictable mush of fire-and-brimstone predictions and emotional incontinence. This stunt may have convinced those already aligned to the newspaper’s ideological agenda to redouble their characteristically shrill rhetoric, but encouraging scientists to speculate and emote about the future of the planet looks like an act of political desperation, not scientific communication.
    • Thanks all. Just by way of an update, I've emailed the supplemental WS to both the court and UKPC on Sunday evening.   Had the following autoreply from UKPC, so not sure if anyone would look at it before Thu, is it worth calling them to see if they have received it? Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for your email. Please be advised that we aim to respond within 28 days. Please note that we cannot accept appeals against parking charges via this inbox and the opportunity to appeal this parking charge has expired. Many Thanks, Litigation Team UK Parking Control Ltd  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Problems with PAYPAL as a seller on Ebay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maybe not exactly the same situation but I believe the following process may work in many cases.

Hi, its taken a while but they have finally given up, and are calling of the dca received an email this morning saying as a goodwill gesture they are re crediting my account. It is without doubt through info I have got from this site and others like it that I have managed to chase them, I have often felt like giving up, it takes up so much time and effort. However I believe I know now how to go about it in a way that will minimise the stress.

1 When you sell a pricey item get the money out of papal quickly, you never know who is going to try and fleece you.

2 As soon as the dispute starts get your letters ready, because it is more than likely you will loose, do not waste your time with emails.

3 As soon as they find against you send a recorded delivery letter to their Compliance Officer,(SEE PREVIOUS POSTS FOR ADDRESS) complaining about the fairness of their dispute process, pr-empt them by stating that you have no interest in their user agreement, and that they are obliged to follow the laws of the uk no matter what their user agreement says. Also point out that as they are signed up to the Financial Ombudsman scheme they must offer you the opportunity to take that option, finish the letter by saying that if after their own investigation they still intend to pursue you, you would like a 'letter of stalemate' from them to enable you to take your complaint to the ombudsman.

4 They will reply eventually (executive escalations) stating that an investigation will take place which could take 8 weeks, they will probably get back to you in 4.

5 While this is happening you will probably be threatened by the paypal minions who seem unaware of the activities of executive escalations, they will probably set the debt collectors on you.

6 As soon as you are contacted by the debt collectors, do not give them any information, they will hang up, but continue calling you every day. Email the executive escalation officer (with this lot you will get a name and they do reply to emails) stating that you are concerned that Paypal have referred the case to a Dca, while a legitimate investigation is taking place and are they aware of the fact that the Financial Ombudman takes a very negative view of these sort of harassment tactics.

7 Its time to wait now, do not get flustered by the debt collectors, pick up the phone, allow them to introduce themselves and calmly state that you have no intention of confirming anything with them and that they should contact you in writing.

8 Unless we are talking about a large sum of money and a very strong case (on their part) i.e you really did sell someone a pile of rubbish, you will win.

Because firstly they do not want the Financial Ombudsman involved (it will cost them over £300 as soon as that happens) and secondly if you show that you are not intimidated and are willing to face them in court, they will never allow it to get that far because they know they will loose.

Hope this helps, all this info is out their and on here. I have just put it together in an order that worked for me, if anyone wants letter templates, addresses pm me.

Only trying to help, and while I understand your concern over the credit rating, I will be asking Paypal, to include in their letter,a statement that they will make certain that any change in my credit rating is reversed. Whatever happens sorting my credit rating will be easy compared to the first bit. What would your advice be? Pay up and let them get away with again.

larest email from Paypal,

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email dated xxxxxxxxx. Please find below our

response to you which was sent via post on xxxxxxx. Please

return the affidavit we sent to you with your signature so that we can

resolve the issue for you.

I have now requested that collections are ceased on the account so that

you should not have any further contact from EOS Solutions in relation

to this matter.

our letter to you:

Thank you for contacting us in relation to the Buyer complaint case

(xxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Mr. xxxxxxx, following a review of this case, we determined that the

buyer, Mr. xxxxx, was eligible for a refund as the item was returned to

you. We understand from you that the item returned by Mr. xxxxx was not

in its original condition.

As a goodwill gesture, if you send back to us the Affidavit sent with

this letter, filled by yourself and stating that you destroyed the item,

we will credit your PayPal account with £xxxxxx1 GBP.

We sincerely regret that you had this negative experience when using our

services and that you chose to close your PayPal account.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxx

Executive Escalations

PayPal

There are two sides to every dispute. We're only hearing one of them.

Basically, you are advising people to make sure any money held by them is put out of reach in case of unspecified problems. However, the real issue is to make sure you play the game and give them no opportunity to accuse you of non compliance. I've managed 14 years as a customer and never had an issue where I was disadvantaged, but several where the actually assisted in getting my money back where. Would otherwise would have lost it.

They are most certainly not perfect, but your actions are self-defeating as they would indicate your affairs are being handled ina less than honourably way, and their actions an equal reaction.

Absolute naive rubbish, there are many ebay sellers who have been totally conned, through Paypals rubbish dispute process , and you can infer what you like, I was not inviting comment on whether or not I had any right to challange Paypals conclusion, only pointing out a possible course of action for anyone in a similar position, who does not wish to roll over. Bully for you if you have had no problems, you had better hope your self satisfied righteous attitude does not comeback and bite you one day. Tell me what will you do when after legitimately selling something your money is refunded to the buyer and you are sent back a broken or even completely different item or perhaps nothing at all. You have no idea what you are talking about, try doing a google search on Paypal charge backs and disputes and you will see the scale of the problem.

Tell me what will you do when after legitimately selling something your money is refunded to the buyer and you are sent back a broken or even completely different item or perhaps nothing at all. You have no idea what you are talking about, try doing a google search on Paypal charge backs and disputes and you will see the scale of the problem.

If you don't like Paypal or disagree with the terms of the Paypal User Agreement, don't use Paypal. Simple.

I would not and do not use Paypal as a seller and would count my blessings if I did, it being my own free choice to do so.

When a buyer cancels or rejects the goods and is therefore entitled to a refund, the buyer is not obliged to return the goods, except that the buyer agrees to do so.

8)

Naive rubbish?

Funny it wortks for me, because I read the rules and work within them. If your complaining that people who do not and are somehow 'caught out' by their rank stupidity. that's PPs fault?

Dream On!

Play their game - or don't, it's your choice. It's difficult not to if you want to stick with eBay, but that's a decision the user need to reach. Not bitch about it later.

There's a lesson to learn from the German experience.

German sellers are positively averse to Paypal; they see no need to pay an extra fee; they think it a lot of trouble for nothing, nor are the buyers so keen, the result of which is that eBay did not yet go so far as insisting that Paypal has to be offered on eBay.de. They know that they would shoot themselves in the foot if they did; the members would rather quit than put up with it, so they don't.

In the UK they rather get the better of the members because the members are daft enough to let them, and also because the enforcement authorities let them down so badly by failing to provide the protection that the law says they should.

For the past ten years the OFT has acted as if it owned a stake in eBay. Over and over again they turn a blind eye to eBay's offences instead of prosecuting. It reeks of corruption.

:roll:

"Last of the Mohican" is clearly unable to read and understand PayPal's terms of reference for doing business - as such, if there's an ignoring to be done, it would be his (hers?) scurrilous and wildly inaccurate attempt at humour. (whilst still wet behind the ears!)

"Last of the Mohican" is clearly unable to read and understand PayPal's terms of reference for doing business - as such, if there's an ignoring to be done, it would be his (hers?) scurrilous and wildly inaccurate attempt at humour. (whilst still wet behind the ears!)

Touch a nerve did we? :)

Buzby, I kicked the legal $h1t out of a DCA last year pretty much on my own and won a couple of hundred pounds compensation. Not sure that makes me "wet behind the ears" or not.

Try not responding to every thread on CAG about the biggest ongoing fraud in Europe (a.k.a PayPal (Europe) S.A.R.L. ) with either jibes or negativity and you might not stick out like a sore thumb.

And now, I shall take my own advice and ignore you. Bye... :)

In knowledge lies wisdom

Mo - not even a bar-stool lawyer, but I'll help where I can...

Nerve? Not in the slightest!

To accuse without proof is one thing - but whilst you are entitled to yor opinion, making misleading statements that you make no attempt to justify is the ultimate of cheap shots, but to what end? Proving that consumers should ignore the rules and make up their own?

How intelligent is that?

It's obvious to me, and no doubt everyone else. I dislike PayPal's OTT fees, but it is my choice to use it. If you don't like it, that's your choice - but by all means lose your credibility if you like, always assuming you had any to start with!