Bespoke Jewellery not as ordered

Roster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm getting married in 4 weeks time and wanted to have a custom wedding ring made. So 4 weeks ago I went to an independent jeweller that I've used before and been very happy with. We discussed what I wanted which was quite specific - a titanium band with a particular pattern cut/etched into the surface and coloured cobalt blue. The jeweller didn't have the equipment/expertise to make it themselves but new a manufacturer who could. They checked that it was possible with the manufacturer before they took my order. The manufacturer said that it could be achieved by laser cutting the pattern and then anodising it. I paid £100 deposit and got a receipt for that amount that includes the description "titanium laser eng. cobalt ano".

Time passes and I get a message to say that the ring is ready for collection. I ring the jeweller and am told that the finished ring has been delivered to them, but the pattern is coloured black, not blue. The manufacturer had given no explanation until the jeweller rang them and asked. The manufacturer now say that it isn't possible to get the blue anodised finished after laser cutting the pattern. I know it is possible, because I can find examples such as this. I haven't seen how the ring looks yet, but It's not what I wanted, and I'm not happy to pay hundreds of pounds for it.

So, what are my options?

Anyone?

hi roster,

what a dissapointment this must be for you, i would go back to the jewellers, take your examples of the blue anodised

finish with you, and show the manager, ask for him when you go, and say you do not want to speak to anyone else but the manager or manageress. if they cannot provide what you want, then ask for a full refund, as you have not got what you have paid a deposit for, and did you get this in writing from them or a receipt with this on?

you can post back here let us know the outcome, you can go to consumerdirect ring them up if you have any further problems on this. regards totiesquoties.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

also consumer direct national telephone number is 08454 04 05 06, mon fri 8am to 6.30pm and sat 9am to 1pm

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

So, what are my options?

If the Jeweller took your money and made the promise your dispute is with the jeweller, not the manufacturer, so the jeweller's options are the issue.

If there are indeed examples to be seen of what you want, an appropriate option is presumably for the jeweller to proceed to the appropriate manufacturer, and if the jeweller looses out on that it's the jeweller's problem, not yours.

:cool:

Go see the ring first, you might like it. Unfortunately, your friendly jeweller that was trying to help you is the one that is responsible.

When you go to see the ring, if it isn't what you want, then have a chat with the jeweller to see what can be done. Unless the selling jeweller becomes uncooperative, keep it on a friendly track. Remember, you were with him when he ordered it, so you know it's not his fault, but if all else should fail, then he is the one responsible and will have to take the ring back and return your deposit.