Welcome & HFO Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just come accross another stick to beat them with if this goes to court.

We wrote to welcome asking for an early settlement figure - but welcome being welcome ignored it. So a week or so later we wrote again - and ignored again.

Have just found this on the OFT website concerning early settlement.

The Consumer Credit (Settlement Information) Regulations 1983, as amended by the 2004 regulations, set down the form and content of settlement statements. A statement must be provided within seven working days of the borrower's request.

And they can't say they never got the letters - as they sent copies to me to help prove the loan was not statute barred.

A bit more reading i think.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well breaches of this act seems to be dealt with in two ways the first.

Failure to comply with the regulations can lead to the OFT or local authority trading standards services taking enforcement action against the lender, using powers in Part 8 of the Enterprise Act 2002.

Having read part 8 of this act it seems to amout to someone from the OFT either writing to them to say stop it and don't do it again. OR popping round for a cuppa and biscuit and doing much the same.

It is worth a formal complaint though - but not sure if it should be welcome, (if they are still around long enough to take the complaint), or aginst HFO - maybe both?

Part Two is more interesting -

In addition, if the lender fails to provide a correct settlement statement he is not entitled to enforce the agreement until the statement is provided.

So does this = non enforceable agreement?

i see where you are going with this but we need to check if they were not ammended say in the 2006 regulations

all this can be added into the witness statement if needed but i very much doubt it will be needed

lets see what rubish hfo come back with in there response to the defence first

we can work from there

i see where you are going with this but we need to check if they were not ammended say in the 2006 regulations

all this can be added into the witness statement if needed but i very much doubt it will be needed

lets see what rubish hfo come back with in there response to the defence first

we can work from there

Was intending to hold this back for further ammo if needed - along with a couple of other bits and pieces.

The info quoted is from the OFT site and is current though.

I can understand no NoA, but would have expected a default and termination notice, do any of the printouts, indicate when and to who the account was sold to?

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

I can understand no NoA, but would have expected a default and termination notice, do any of the prinouts, indicate when and to who the account was sold to?

No - In fact they have provided nothing except a statement that relates to the account which HFO are claiming for.

Looks like they literally sent HFO everything they had for the account.

Also going to send you quick pm with some other info - not sure to put up publicly yet.

No - In fact they have provided nothing except a statement that relates to the account which HFO are claiming for.

Looks like they literally sent HFO everything they had for the account.

Also going to send you quick pm with some other info - not sure to put up publicly yet.

Was going to say send to donkey, shows the importance of doing a SAR:-D

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

‘Despise’ isn’t strong enough!

Incidentally, in two days’ time it will be exactly ONE YEAR since HFO Services’s Consumer Credit Licence expired. They still have not had it renewed. What the hell is the FSA doing?

CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0555914

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberHFO Services Limited05120067

Categories:

Consumer credit Consumer hire Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Issued Date: 26-Sep-2004

Expiry Date: 25-Sep-2009

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Hi DB

I thought this after investigating it initially. The fact that the word current appears under status implies that it has been automatically renewed. I did read it some where on the OFT site, but I dont think even this lot would be that stupid enough to trade without it. LB

Edited by loanbuster