BankFodder BankFodder

Falkirk1298

Santander succeed in having charges case removed from small claims track ***WON***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2964 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If Mike wins - then we'll argue that it does.

If he loses then we'll argue that it doesn't.

I thought such outrageous sophistry was restricted to the banks' lawyers. :D

Bankfodder,

'If Mike wins - then we'll argue that it does.

If he loses then we'll argue that it doesn't.'

Thats a classic:D

I thought such outrageous sophistry was restricted to the banks' lawyers. :D

Well, you know what they say about the goose and the Gander... :razz:

HI Mike and everybody else still interested in the progress of the Bank charges campaign. :)

As a LIP I am eagerly awaiting "ANY" progress as I am due to amend POCs mid November and as such have been given more time by our local District Judge to seek further legal advice/directions.

Thanks to all the support that I have been freely given by everyone associated with the CAG :D and now with the action being taken by the GLC and Mike in particular, I have been given new hope and strength to carry on with the claim against Lloyds TSB and not as the bank would like me to do and that is to discontinue my action against them, as has been their intention since the dreaded day the Supreme Court handed down to court their less than generous decision and it was that very day I was before the DJ to amend my POCs and it is thanks to his generous decision to further "stay" until November to seek appropriate advice that I am still here now.

To Mike at GLC and everyone at CAG I say thank you for keeping me going and "Exemplo Ducemus" You certainly do.

Nice to have you posting here Mike.

My hat is off to you. Not that Daleks wear hats.

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

I've just posted on my original thread (Camdenite V Abbey), but thought I should add something here.

I've called the court today in respect of a 2007 stayed case against Abbey/Santander and was told that the only way it would not be struck out would be to write to the District Judge requesting a hearing.

Is this the point where I give up?:(

I want to fight on but have no grounds for Financial Hardship.

Hi all, glad to see all the good support on here for the Santander case, as being the named person in it (Walls) it really heartens me and gives me hope, got to say GLC have been fantastic especially Mike and I am happy to keep going out of determination if nothing else and hope any outcome will help the thousands of people with the bank charges ongoing quest :)

Welcome Allix to CAG, good to have you here.

As I am sure you are aware be careful what you post, you do not want to compromise your case.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

m2ae, what about that post on the Manchester thread???????????????????????

Hi thanks for your welcomes, I wont be putting any info on here dont worry, although reading through it all , i think everything has been shown lol, keep up the good work lots of great advice on here, prefer this to other forum I looked at ;)

Hi allix

Welcome and Good Luck from me too

Mike reminds me of that other great Scottish Legend Robert the Bruce:)

Thanks rebel ,that made me chuckle, i will tell him unless he reads it on here first.

Nice to see you allix. Thanks for taking this stand with the help of Mike and co. It's great to see the fight against the banks continue. :-D

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi thanks for your welcomes, I wont be putting any info on here dont worry, although reading through it all , i think everything has been shown lol, keep up the good work lots of great advice on here, prefer this to other forum I looked at ;)

Allix

Well done - loads of us are depending on you and the Sharp case to get us our rights.

However I would play safe and since we now know who you are I would register again with a different name - and NEVER refer to the case as "my case" - you can't be too careful with these sods!

Good luck!

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

Thanks rebel ,that made me chuckle, i will tell him unless he reads it on here first.

My advice is as your already in litigation that you ALWAYS PM the mods before posting in order that they might determine whether or not your remarks could jeopardize your court case AND always consult your legal advisors before disclosing yours or your legal advisors thoughts on an open forum

Sorry to be so pedantic but they do read these forums & in particular CAG as its the biggest & if they see you revealing matters here they WILL use it to try & discredit your case

Edited by JonCris

Quick note to say we haven't advised any of our clients to give up!

We've enrolled a motion to sist (stay) in Walls v. Santander UK plc pending an application to the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) in Walls v. United Kingdom. The ECtHR has to first determine whether the application is admissible (having regard to its new, revised criteria). Admittedly, the ECtHR process is slow, but that does not cause any difficulty.

Essentially, this approach is designed to preserve our client's rights, prompt law reform, and also to potentially protect the rights of other consumers who have to drop the cases for fear of costs i.e. because if the ECtHR case was successful (in principle) certain consumers might be entitled to sue the state for damages. Not ideal, as it should be the banks, but at least it could preserve a right to recompense for disenfranchised citizens.

The key target is of course the banks and their unfair charges. In that regard, we have a number of cases proceeding (including Sharp v. Bank of Scotland plc, and Reid v. Clydesdale Bank plc, among others).

The banks have put forward highly technical and complex legal defences which will require to be 'debated'. It won't be easy, they are throwing a lot of money at defending these cases, and we do not underestimate the challenge, however, I anticipate having a decision on the banks relevancy and competency defences later this year.

So, at present there is no reason to give up hope.

Mike

Govan Law Centre

Mike your an angel. We are all wishing you & your client success. Could I ask are you raising Francovitch in your application to the ECHR?

Santander tried that with me in Jan 2011, i live in the midlands. But i had a strong enough argument that i won at my directional hearing and their application to have the case thrown out was dismissed. You need to know what your points are and defend them under the law and regulations. They now have to provide evidence for the small claims court under revised regulation 5 of the UTCCR, AND a new claim under CCA 140. IT can be done if you have your wits about you and are not frightened off by them. The bank had also tried to move the case out of the small claims and into the fast track whre i would have been liable to all their costs if i had lost. Its just bully tactics to scare off people with lesser resolve than me.

• Confused 1

Fireprism

Well done! This is most encouraging news for any CAGGER who is just tempted to give up when subjected to their bullying tactics like you were. They're totally despicable and deserve to be taken for every penny they've got - bonuses and all.

Please keep us posted on your progress - and DON'T lose your nerve!

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

You need to know what your points are and defend them under the law and regulations. They now have to provide evidence for the small claims court under revised regulation 5 of the UTCCR, AND a new claim under CCA 140.

Very well done Fireprism. Knowledge of your progress will encourage many. Do you have a thread to follow. I think the ponts you made above are the knub of it - people need to really know what their points are. The problem is, people are only just starting to get to grips with the points they can use and how to argue them. There's been a fair bit of contradiction and confusion as to what can and cannot be used going forward. Many are simply confused and have given up thinking there's barely a case going forward.

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

Posted by Mike Dailly on twitter

"UK unfair bank charges: Santander refunds in full with interest after Govan Law Centre sues using my new legal formula. Watch this space."

M1

• Confused 1

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Can't wait to hear the details!!

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nor me :):):)

WTG GLC

If you kick a Tiger in the Ass youbetter have a plan to deal with its teeth :madgrin:

Now then then, guys n' gals - 'ows about that, then...?

:jaw:

Now, where are my Northern Bank statements showing £5 a go penalty charges from 1987-90...?

Edited by noomill060

No way!!!!!

Get in there mr daily