Car hit twice in 2 months by different drivers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to out this.

Our car was hit by a truck when parked a month or two ago. The insurance of the company which owned the truck are currently assessing what they are going to offer us.

Today, when parked legally, the car was hit again :eek: by another truck which caused more and different damage than the first truck did. We have contacted the company whose truck it was, and they are sending an assessor out.

My question is, what will happen, now there are two companies involved, and the first one hasn't sorted anything out yet?

Thanks!

T x

Same thing happened to me last month. I had been hit previously on the offside of the back bumper which was assessed as needing to be repaired and repainted. Before I had got it into the garage to repair I was hit again full square on the back bumper! (guess that's one of the benefits of being a driving instructor, people keeping crashing into us! :mad:) This time cracking it and needing to be replaced so "superceded" the need for the original repair.

My insurance company organised the final repair and dealt with both the other insurance companies spliting the bill in whatever was the agreed proportion between the 3rd parties.

Bottom line is, let your insurance compamy sort it out, that's what you pay them for.