Telephone call

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd like to share a telephone call I have just endured on behalf of a friend of mine, with a DCA

After we'd gone through the usual BS

The threat monkey began:

• TM " I need Mr X to pay.
  • ME " He'll pay £10 Per month. That's what the others are being paid."
  • TM "I can't accept that. I can't accept a repayment arrangement in instalments. i need payment in full
  • ME "Why are you ringing then. Why not go for a CCJ.?
  • TM " I need Mr X to pay."
  • ME " He'll pay £10 Per month. That's what the others are being paid."
  • TM "I can't accept that. I can't accept a repayment arrangement in instalments. i need payment in full
  • ME "Why are you ringing then. Why not go for a CCJ.?"
  • TM " I need Mr X to pay.".......................................

Can you see who was reading from the script?

Can you see where the conversation was going? For nearly 5 minutes. Made me laugh anyway

Hope this threat monkey reads this site and sees how stupid he is

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Nice one. If it had been me, I'd have really started to take the p*ss though.

"What colour are your underpants?" "Do you have many friends? Would you like one?" etc.

There are some very easy ways to get people to put the phone down ;O)

You should have dropped the offer by £1 every time he repeated himself.... he would have ended up having to pay you. :lol:

You've just rumbled my secret negotiating tactic with my Daughter over pocket money a few years ago: "Daddy can I have 50p pocket money please?" - "20p! what do you want 10p for?"

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

LOL god i like that.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

You've just rumbled my secret negotiating tactic with my Daughter over pocket money a few years ago: "Daddy can I have 50p pocket money please?" - "20p! what do you want 10p for?"

I'm going to have to remember that Fred. Unfortunately, with kids nowadays, negotiations tend to start at "Dad, could I have £10 please...?"

I'm going to have to remember that Fred. Unfortunately, with kids nowadays, negotiations tend to start at "Dad, could I have £10 please...?"

"Daddy can I have £10 pocket money please?" - "£5! what do you want a £1 for?" ;)

£10 my inlaws give there kids £15 a week into there bank accounts. they range from a few months to 5 years.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I suspect that the phone monkey was employing, possibly unwittingly, the Broken Record technique. Rameses deployed the correct response, which is to repeat the same denial or refusal to accede to the demands.

Another way to handle this is to question every aspect of it, showing the monkey up as an arse, and then closing him off at the end.

TM: "I can't accept that"

R: "You cant accept that . Why?"

Carry on like this for a while, questioning every point, until the monkey asks for a payment; then say no and start all over again.

Bear in mind that most phone monkeys are under time pressure - they have a 'wrap time' by which they're supposed to be able to end the call - so keeping them on the line as long as possible is useful.