Work Focus Interview - aged 61????

ANDYANDFLO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ANDYANDFLO, from what I can remember without looking it up, under the "permitted work" rules you can either have £20 per week indefinitely or you can have up to £93/week for up to 12 months but you have to take 12 months off before you can do it again. I think you have to tell the DWP at the start of this 12 months of permitted work, whereas there's no requirement to notify them if you do the £20/week version.

Give it a google using the search term - permitted work

Regards, Paul.

'Permitted Work' - working while claiming Incapacity Benefit : Directgov - Disabled people

'Permitted Work' - working while claiming Employment and Support Allowance : Directgov - Disabled people

Tax credits information for the over 50s : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Edited by loan_ranger
added links

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Thanks for that LR. That clarifies things nicely. I can do Permitted Work for a year, if it doesn't work out I can't do the same again for another year.

Best wishes

Rae

Hi Rae, if they can put up with the "Pathways" WFIs, there's also some other financial help available to those people below pension credit qualifying age for the first 12 months. No help to ANDYANDFLO but others may apply for this.

Pathways to Work : Directgov - Disabled people

Regards, Paul.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Hi Rae, if they can put up with the "Pathways" WFIs, there's also some other financial help available to those people below pension credit qualifying age for the first 12 months. No help to ANDYANDFLO but others may apply for this.

Pathways to Work : Directgov - Disabled people

Regards, Paul.

Grrrrrrr!!! Not that damn Age Discrimination thing again. Thanks for the link, I'll have a look and if it suits, there is going to be one hell of an argument at the local JC+!!!

I really object to being 'written off' by anybody just because I am over 60. What is so magical with it? Do they consider that I am not a good prospect for help getting back into some sort of employment?

Sorry, not having a go at you, just the whole system!!!

Isn't that the crazy thing though? Hit 60, settle down Pops and have some pension credits. Whilst at the same time increasing the retirement age and recognising we all have to work for longer. Until, of course, you hit 60. Did someone mention Yes, Mininster? :confused::D

Best wishes - and good luck!

Rae

Isn't that the crazy thing though? Hit 60, settle down Pops and have some pension credits. Whilst at the same time increasing the retirement age and recognising we all have to work for longer. Until, of course, you hit 60. Did someone mention Yes, Mininster? :confused::D

Best wishes - and good luck!

Rae

Hi Rae

Thanks - I am becoming a tad pi**ed off with all of this!!

I thought it was simple - I am ill, I have mountains of evidence, everybody is telling me that at the mo I am not fit for work - will they give me what I am entitled to - not a chance, well not without a fight.

Then I'm trying to be positive and thinking that maybe just maybe, there is a future for me - only to be told - hey mate you are over 60, you are not considered suitable for help because you are too old!! Then, as you say, they are expecting me to work until 65 - maybe longer, what on earth do they think they are going to do to help me. I am having to ask for help even plead for it, Noooooo way!!!

This stops right now!

I may be over 60, but they aint seen nothing yet!!!

As I said the only way you get anything in this country is to be either a single mum with kids (wrong sex!) or a disruptive influence. I said before that I would probably get more help if I was a tearaway, on tag with an ASBO hanging over me. Well Kent's 1st wrinkly, out of control, hooligan is on the warpath - looking to be a candidate for an ASBO!!!

Forgive me, I can't recall, have you involved your MP? [This only works, of course, if you have a decent constituency minded MP].

The point of the excercise is this: If you have a decent MP who will write on your behalf to Darra Singh or the suchlike, it then gives you direct access to the upper echelons of JCP.

It opens the door to 'further to my MPs correspondence...' etc and they have to respond.

I'm in the middle of this game myself...

Best wishes

Rae

Forgive me, I can't recall, have you involved your MP? [This only works, of course, if you have a decent constituency minded MP].

The point of the excercise is this: If you have a decent MP who will write on your behalf to Darra Singh or the suchlike, it then gives you direct access to the upper echelons of JCP.

It opens the door to 'further to my MPs correspondence...' etc and they have to respond.

I'm in the middle of this game myself...

Best wishes

Rae

Thanks Rae

No I have not been in contact with my new MP. It was Michael Howard but he retired and was elevated to the Upper House!! Shame he didn't go one floor higher - would look good perched on the roof!! Tweeting away!!

So have a new young lad - not met him yet, but what you suggest is a good idea.

Thanks for that, it's my next step!!

Heh hoh, whatever does the future hold??

Bye the way, do you have any idea what prison food is like? I am given to understand that they give special priority to the older person.

The more I think about it the better it sounds. I understand they throw in an extra 1/2 ounce of baccy to keep the geriatrics happy.

get more help if I was a tearaway, on tag with an ASBO hanging over me. Well Kent's 1st wrinkly, out of control, hooligan is on the warpath - looking to be a candidate for an ASBO!!!

I.m 52 going on 60, "Its not the years its the milage, Ha Ha", I understand how you feel.

I.m about to go for a Pathways to work interview tomorrow, should be interesting.

I'm also from Kent, how do I get one,icon7.gif

I.m 52 going on 60, "Its not the years its the milage, Ha Ha", I understand how you feel.

I.m about to go for a Pathways to work interview tomorrow, should be interesting.

I'm also from Kent, how do I get one,icon7.gif

Hi,

I seem to be fighting everybody and everything. Still waiting for a Tribunal hearing date - failed medical in Jan 2010. Then the Pathways saga, yes I ended up as a volunteer to get some help. That was after telling JC+ that they were in contravention of the Age Riscrimination Act.

Now I find that once again help is denied me because of my age.

Just had enough.

Am going to the JC+ tomorrow and wanting to know exactly why people over 60 are being discriminated against. If that ends up with a visit from the Old Bill - so be it!!

We will see what happens - I am fed up with being told that the box does not fit me!!