Need Some Help For Family Member Please

InPain24/7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

A relative of mine Is having problems with her Incapacity Renewal just wondered if anyone can give me some advice that I can pass on.

I'll try to keep it brief, she suffers with anxiety, paranoia, panic attacks and depression. She had a letter to attend a medical the following week and tried without anyluck to get hold of her Support Worker as the medical was 2 bus rides and a train ride away.

Phoned up atos and receptionist said they would rearrange an appointment so she had one for the 29th Of May which she still couldn't attend as it was A saturday and her Support Worker doesn't work then.

Tried in vain to get someone to accompany her whilst looking for a babysitter (shes a single mother) No Luck.

She phoned atos and receptionist seemed very understanding and told her will rearrange again and no probs U still get your benefit.

She had a letter asking her to provide reasonable explanation for non-attendance of medical so she explained what had happened and heard no-more til today (which is her birthday)

Basically it said the decision maker had decided she was not entitled to incapacity benefit as of the 30th may and that was that.

Her Support worker has since bin on the case,spoken to the dwp and shes now gotta wait til thursday to find out what will happen,

Just wondered if anyone had anyidea what they will do? will she have to reclaim or will they let her rearrange the medical.

i'm really sorry if its a bit long winded and im asking really dum questions but i don't understand it myself. any help would be really appreciated many thanks;)

Edited by InPain24/7
No-one Can Understand it lol