Illegal car sale??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok i made a post previously regarding a private car sale to myself. Now in the last day ive noticed that i had what i thought was a puncture, after taking the car to kwikfit i was informed that the passenger side rear alloys had been welded recently and that was why they were flat as the weld job was not very good. Also i was informed that the tyres were not the same ie there were different size tyres on the front and rear. I was told that the car would fail an MOT on this alone, and was a big no no. Now i bought the car in june and the MOT was in April, and there was only the owner i bought the car off had owned it in this time. So the guy at Kwikfit told me she must have had her brother (who was a mechanic) swap the tyres over for the MOT and then switch them back afterwards. Apparently this is very dangerous and she must have known about this. Have i any legal redress for this at all?

ask a traffic police man

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There are many instances where the tyre size and wheel size differ from front to back however I'm assuming you are refering to your previous post with regards the BMW which in that case the wheels and tyre fitment should be exactly the same. However, depending on circumstances it is possible to fit different tyre ratio sizes without any adverse affect on the safety of the vehicle provided they are on the same axle. So to prove anything here can be easily countered.

The repairs to the wheels, if as bad as you suggest, would have been noticeable at sale and if you have not noticed this before or even after a short distance of driving I would be very surprised.

KwikFit are not really in a position to determine what is safe and what is not unless blindingly obvious which would more than likely have been apparent earlier.

There is one rule of thumb that everyone needs to take note of here and that is that if an alloy wheel needs welding, unless it's made of an exotic material then it is scrap. End of!!

And heres another one whilst I'm on the subject, be carefull of people who claim to refurbish them especially if they mention powder coating. The process they employ to do this frequently makes the wheel soft due to the temperatures involved.

Rule of thumb is if an alloy wheel gets bent then it's scrap.

I've tested these in the past and when they go pop at speed boy do they go pop!!

Not sure where you're going with the beemer as it's clear from previous posts you bought a very used car in a private sale.