@BigMotoringWrld - Problem after 11 days

Posted (edited)

Wish I’d found this forum & read up on BMW a bit more before purchasing…

My & I bought a 21 plate Kia Sportage from BMW Cannock on March 23rd - we paid a total of £15,749 via debit card. £13,800 for the car & the balance on admin fees & warranty.

To date we’ve driven the car 64 miles since purchase - and today the engine management light came on.

in the first place I have called BMW who have advised us that their aftersales team can take up to 48 hours to call us back to discuss - but that in the interim we can take the car to any VAT registered garage to have a diagnostic done (at their expense, up to £70) and then to see if they can arrange a repair under the warranty.

I’ll be on to a few local garages tomorrow to book the diagnostic, but having read other people’s horror stories wondered if anyone has any advice on the best way to proceed.

If the car can be diagnosed & the issue resolved swiftly then we’ll be happy to keep it (as long as no other issues arise) but I’m aware that a clock is ticking on our right to return for a refund should the garage, warranty company or BMW drag their heels.

Any advice gratefully received.

Edited by BaconHeadBrit

• BaconHeadBrit changed the title to @BigMotoringWrld - Problem after 11 days

they will drag their heals, they always do REJECT IT!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You say that you have read the stories about this company – so you understand very well what to expect.

I certainly think that you should get independent inspections. Also, has a get on MOT and when was that MOT done and who did it?

I suggest that not only do you get the independent inspection but also you get a new MOT.

Follow the link to see the advice we give about buying a used car – and their right to the end and watch the video as well. 

Thanks both.

i’ve booked the vehicle into a local garage for a diagnostic & inspection - the earliest we could get in anywhere was next Friday (the 12th).

A couple of further questions though please.

1) If we charge the diagnostic to the warranty from BMW does that impact our right to reject?

2) Whilst we wait for the garage appointment is there any benefit to sending a car rejection letter to BMW - which we could later retract if the issue with the car is resolved swiftly & we decide to keep it, or are we better waiting for the diagnostic etc to be done (which will be day 20 of ownership). I’ll draft the letter & post it here for advice before sending

The MOT was done on 18/01/2024 at BMW.

Wait until the diagnostic and also get a new mot straight away.

Have you looked at the video in our used car guide

Yes we hear that from quite a lot of people.

We publish the name of this forum and the fact that we are completely free all over the Facebook complaints page. We get lots of likes and then nobody ever bothers to come.
Then they find out…

Are you going to get the MOT?

Yes, we’ve booked the MOT - although not until the following Tuesday (the soonest they could fit us in).

The Engine light has gone off now & the car’s driving fine, so I’m interested to see the diagnostic results.

• I agree 1