Scotcall for Scottish Power Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A Scotcall rep called unannounced and with no prior letter. He asked my 15 year old son for me by name and after my son told him that I was not in he asked to come to read the gas meter. Is this normal practice from Scotcall?

I am very annoyed with this rep as I don't think he had any right to be asking to come in and telling my son he was applying for a warrant to enter the house.

Any comments/advice?

Dave

Hi Pinky,

Thanks for the quick reply but I don't think I phrased my query well enough. The rep didn't actually gain entry to the house as we have luckily instilled into our sons that they are never to let anyone in when we are not at home.

My worry is what would he have done if my son had let him in and the fact that he was discussing the warrant with my 15 year old son.

Dave

I think I'd phone the Police, Scotcall do not read meters, they obviously had an ulterior motive for wanting to view your abode.

Make a formal complaint with the police without fail, did they have any ID? did they leave anything?

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

I think I'd phone the Police, Scotcall do not read meters, they obviously had an ulterior motive for wanting to view your abode.

Make a formal complaint with the police without fail, did they have any ID? did they leave anything?

Hi Deb,

The rep did NOT show my son any ID. After denying him entry, my son closed the front door and the rep then put the pre-printed letter in an envelope through the letterbox.

I really want confirmation that Scotcall do NOT read meters as I think his actions are very very suspect.

Thanks

Dave

Phone your supplier, they'll soon tell you who they use for their metering services, I seriously doubt Scotcall read meters or at least via your energy supplier

It says nothing on their website......regardless of if they have the right to I'd be reporting them, you have a minor asnwering the door and an attempt to gain entry to your home has been made while the Minor was on their own....er, report them and all the rest that goes with them.

scotcall.com : The UK's leading Doorstep Recovery Agency.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

A definite case for the Police to intervene and investigate.

Go down to your local Cop shop tommorrow and report this, also you need to make a complaint to the OFT/TS via Consumer Direct

If Snotcall get in touch in the future, your first comment should be to TELL them to send you a copy of their complaints procedure then put the phone down, NEVER EVER discuss private confidential info over the phone with unqualified and untrained DCA's.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guest Cartaphilus

Scuttlecall ... Oh, yes, definite one for the police. If only for the fact that your son is under 18 and was effectively being 'interviewed' by this person without the presence of an appropriate adult. I think the police would be interested in learning about such activities and that this person is prepared to engage discussion with a child. For a start how would anyone 'reasonably' know it wasn't just a ruse to do that from the beginning? If you catch my drift ...

Thank you for the replies so far, much appreciated.

I will be contacted Scottish Power in the morning and also contacting the police and reporting Scotcall to the OFT.

Feel sorry for my son as he gets worried easily so not a nice experience for him and his 13 year old brother.

Thanks again, will keep you posted.

Dave

Hi,

You could also PM this memebr, should be able to tell you whats what......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=292313

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert