• Tweets

• Just a little something for consideration When a card is compromised, the replacements can be set up to automatically allow or manually re-add, old recurring transactions. The card issuer may ask you to confirm legitimate transactions which they would effectively 'migrate' to the new card Some do - some don't. Some staff on some cards seem to be entirely unaware/uncaring about this. Some card issuers expect you to sort it all out manually.   BUT if the leak is an ongoing lyca leakas it seems - as soon as you or your CC supplier give it to lyca/the leak source - compromised again     A note on security DONT use the same email or phone number for your banking as you do for sims etc. Although a bank eg santander leak would compromise this Infp seems to suggest that single/compromised multi factor authentication customers are priority targets, with more robustly secure cards being hit by 0.00 tests first Consider that the email address is one of the OTP recieving options AND one of the OTP security checks prior to sending the OTP - with the phone number being another So if they've got your card and email (same email for banking and end contact) - and you aren't forcing a phone OTP - you are compromised.  
    • Thanks for posting up the back of the NTK. The good news s that as it does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act, it means that you are not liable for the charge as the keeper as I explained in a previous post.  The PC fails for two reasons. The first is that it does not specify the period of parking. All it does is list the arrival and departure times of your car. Obviously that does not include the time taken to drive to the car parking space, manoeuvre the car into the space and later drive from the space to the exit. Nor does their times include things like getting kids disabled people out of and into the car as well as things like returning the trolley whilst still being parked. All of which can add a fair bit of time to the parking period which can then be subtracted from their ANPR times and makes your actual parking time a lot shorter than 118 minutes they seem to think it is. The second reason is that they failed to ask the keeper to pay Schedule 4 Section 9 [2][e]  (e)state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges You as keeper are now in the clear which is a good reason for you to contact Sainsbury  stating that you are being pursued as the keeper when you are not liable under the Act as well as the oher things I suggested in my previous post. If you don't get it cancelled with Sainsbury this could drag on for months with endless letters unlawfully pushing the price up to scare you into paying.  
    • Brilliant! That's great to hear and honestly pleased I'm wrong, my advice was out of concern. I checked some of your previous posts last night and you've been giving great advice to others at times. Bringing a claim can be serious (counter-claims etc) and it didn't appear you were knowledgeable based on posts so far. Far from an expert myself, just interested and will try to help. I'll sit on the sidelines, best of luck with the claim!
    • Thank you so much for the advice  I will try and up my savings to £500 for the next 6 months. Although I do still have an uphill battle, I feel more able to deal with it.  I hope my experience with the cifas marker helps someone else who finds themselves in that quite horrible situation. It is a huge weight off my shoulders getting it removed.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Slevin V Mbna

CoventryCrusader
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OPTIMA ...True to form

Imagine my surprise to find that the court bundle for Friday's hearing has not arrived today.

There is no advice note from Royal Mail to indicate they have attempted to deliver it

This is typical of the dirty tricks they play

When they applied for SJ Last January they sent me their witness statement to arrive on a Friday morning and the hearing was on the following Monday morning

I had to prepare a statement and present it to their representative on the Monday morning.

Half way through the hearing as he was begining to loose he asked for an adjournment and blamed it on me not giving my statement to him in time......

Thats how low they are

This attempt to put me at a disadvantage could well be their undoing.

The have not complied with CPR's again and the Judge will be hearing about this on application tomorrow morning

I dont think it was included with the sj bundle by mistake !

remember when Richard was in Bradford and he made contact with a girl who was working for optima, well i think she put it there on purpose. Her way at getting one back on them

You little beauty

any way enough said on that matter

You were absolutely right about the order , no more than 7 and no less than 3

Optima have been late with complying with every order of the judge so far.

late with the disclosure of documents, late with the exchange of witness statements , ( i made sure mine was on time and drove 250 miles round trip to deliver it by hand on time), Late with the case summary and issues.

I knew they were going to be late with this also.

I thought Dominic Timmins was different than the rest of them and i thought he was an honourable man. By this action he has shown his true colours.

He is a disgrace to the legal profession.

Edited by CoventryCrusader
spelling

more hours than you could imagine

because i am not as educated as those at optima, they have a team of people wher as i am an individual

they have all day every day, i have to work full time and have committments with my family so most of my work is done between 10.00pm and 3 or 4 in the morning

ive kept a diary from the start of the hours i have put in , well in excess of 150 and then there is the cost of stationary, post etc not to mention the days of work . ive had to take the days off as holiday so i have lost that entitlement. if i want to recover those days they will have to be taken as un-paid leave.

the costs have built up

Friends

Thank you for your advice and support

The SJ hearing went against me today

I will post up later the full story

For now i just want some time with my family. The last 2 years have made me tired

Langster. I will send you a PM

Frank

just a hint at what happened

yes i was ambushed, not out side the court but in the court room in front of the judge

40 minutes into the hearing they produce a supplimentary Witness statement

the judge allowed me 15 minutes to read it and then argue against it being allowed

Yes you guessed it, he did not accept my argument and allowed this late submission

as i said earlier i will give a summary of the events to you all tomorrow

for now i am going to have a glass of wine, put my kids to bed and read them a book , and do something i havent done for a while.....go to bed at the same time as my wife and not stay on the computer

My wife has been soooo supportive and understanding and my children are so dear to me. Now they have got their dad back ( for a while anyway)

Then i will be coming back stronger. ive learned from this and i will be appealing

OOOOOhhh yes let this be a clear message to all at Optima

I am coming to get you.....

Then i will be coming back stronger. ive learned from this and i will be appealing

OOOOOhhh yes let this be a clear message to all at Optima

I am coming to get you.....

:clap2: Like your style. X

Notwithstanding the fact that I sometimes ramble and I'm such a worrier, all postings are made with the best intent and entirely without prejudice.

You are welcome to use any information you may find here entirely at your own risk. Please do not hold it against me! :p

WOW....feeling great today

Slept like a baby last night

Things always look different in the morning.

Apologies to all of those fantastic people who have helped me over the last 2 years as I am sure you all felt a little of my hurt yesterday.

I hope you were not disappointed by the weakness I showed in accepting the outcome.

I did not want to post up the events of the hearing yesterday as I knew that my post would be too emotive and this would have clouded the issues I wanted to get across.

That has all subsided now and I am back to my usual self.

So below I will try and explain to you all what happened yesterday. As this was a Summary Judgement hearing it was down to the possibility of me being able to satisfy the judge I had the prospect of defending their claim and not necessarily defending during this hearing.

Counsel for Optima began to state their case as to why they felt I had no possibility of defending their claim

Eventually it came around to the Terms & Conditions. Their counsel argued that the T&C's were from 1997 even though they had charges for £12.00 for late payments.

Although my witness statement had pointed out that it was after the OFT intervention and their recommendation in 2006 this level of charges was introduced. Therefore the T&C's must be after 2006

Their explanation was that There were also charges on the T&C's that were for £15.00 so if these T&C's were post 2006 all charges would be £12.00.

The judge was not entirely convinced by this and told their counsel that although they had said in a witness statement these were the T&C's , I had stated in my T&C's that they were not. And he need positive proof from either of us to prove our case

I think the whole case was hinging on the point of the T&C's being those which were from the time of the agreement. (refer to Lynne Thorious judgement)

I think at this moment in time they had not satisfied the judge

Suddenly the counsel produces from her case a supplimentary witness statement and asked that it be admitted as it had further proof that the T&C's were from 1997.

The judge asked for the witness statement. Said that he would have a photocopy made and that I could have 15 minutes to read them and then he would invite me to give him any reasons as to why this statement should not be included in the hearing. While I was reading the Witness statement he would also read a copy to save time.

You can imagine that this 15 minutes felt like a lifetime. I am an Litigant in person and I have 15 minutes to come up with an argument as to why it should not be admitted, then also prepare myself just in case it is. So I have to read it, digest it and come up with a defence to it also

We came back into the hearing, I pointed out that to introduce new evidence during the hearing was an abuse of process and that the witness statement did not prove anything new.

The judge decided that it would be included.

I think that after reading it he had made up his mind that it supported their claim that the T&C's were those that were with the agreement in 1997.

The witness statement was by Dianne Powell. It discussed the process for obtaining a reconstituted agreement it situations that the original could not be found. Attached were exhibits. 3 photocopies of other peoples agreements from September 1997 with the financial terms on the back page. Also there was I set of T&C's identical to those which had previously been submitted with the court bundle

The witness statement was dated 16th September 2010 . At the top of the page it showed that it had been faxed at 8.33am that morning. Althogh the witness statement was New evidence, ther was nothing new with in it that had come to light as this process has been going on for over 2 years

Counsel for the claimant concluded their case.

I then began with my statement to the court.

My points were that this was nothing to do with S77/78 or anything to do with carey. I pointed to the Waksman judgement and his introduction. The judge said that he was well aware of the Carey case and he did not to see the judgement as he had a copy of the summary (1 page )

I raised the issue of the T&C's and the new witness statement and its attached exhibits.

Although the photcopies of the other peoples were from 1997 the T&C's had no unique source codes or date identifiers to link them to the agreements.

I also pointed to my exhibits in the bundle which was a credit card statement that had a charge of £25.00 for a late payment. So either they had made that charge in breach of the T&C's or the T&C's were not those of 1997

The judge did not even turn to the page in the bundle to look at it.

I think he had already made his mind up.

I continued to discuss the contradicting witness statements. There were questions that needed answering and this was a compelling reason for not having a summary judgement . The witness had already been summonsed to appear at a full hearing ,

I went on to point out that optima had been obstructive and not complied with various CPR's or orders of the judge.

The judge stopped me at this point and said that he did not want to hear about these issues, they were not relevant.

As I continued to present my case, I looked at the judge , he looked totally disinterested. In my mind I was thinking to myself “am I keeping you up” . I had to bite my lip to stop myself from saying it.

I laboured on the point that this was not S77/78. The claimant had made the claim it was their case to prove and provide to the court a properly executed agreement as per s60/61

The judge in his summing up said that a reconstituted agreement was sufficient to satisfy S60/61 otherwise why have a process for reconstituting agreements when the lenders could just send a photocopy of the agreement to any one asking for it under S77/78. So reconstituted agreemnts were definaitely acceptable

After the judge summed up I asked if he would write to me and explain his reasons for his judgement. He said that it had all been recorded and that I could arrange to have a transcript

so there you have it

Frank

PS. as I have said . “things look different in the morning”

BANG . Been to the court this morning and picked the appeal forms, the form to order a transcript and a copy of the judgement and written a letter to ask the judge to explain his reason

Edited by CoventryCrusader

stripper. sent you an email

WCS1964. and the guests from optima...checking in to gloat? dont forget i am appealing. yes i know what went on yesterday and i know where i went wrong. yes i was like a rabbit caught in the headlights when you ambushed me , no when you mugged me, in front of the judge. We both know the judge was wrong. fortunately for you i did not see it until it was too late. Thats the beauty of the appeal system. different day different judge. and you wont be able to play the same trick again..please let Ms Powell that she will be appearing at court .

Frank

Hi CC

It appears to me that the Judge had made up his mind prior to the hearing.

My CCA1974 knowledge covering s77/79 and s 60/61 is not up to speed,however whats happened to the 'there has got to be a signature' .So where is it?

Reading s61 surely they have not complied,and this is just a first glance observation.I look forward to your appeal response.

BTW who was the Judge?

Stripper