Fake PCN Photos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Cut the long story short, I received a PCN through the post and having requested photographic evidence I am confident no PCN has been attached before and looking at the photo, they looked to be retouched.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/141549/TRAFFIC-WARDENS-FAKE-PHOTO-EVIDENCE.html

Obviously I do not have the video but what I can do is to test the original file! So

Software, freely available, can detect whether a photo has been altered and since this is key to supporting my case, can I by law under the “Freedom of Information Act”, request the original digital photo? The council in question have not responded to my request. Councils around neighbouring towns offer online viewing of the photograph, unfortunately, this is not true for mine,

I have my appeal already rejected, and from The Parking and Traffic Adjudicators, this was rejected too however it sounds like they have disregarded my remarks about checking for altered photos using the software and there are minor administrative errors.

I would appreciate any advice in how I should approach this.

Colin Liu

Edited by colinliu2010

Hi All,

Cut the long story short, I received a PCN through the post and having requested photographic evidence I am confident no PCN has been attached before and looking at the photo, they looked to be retouched.

TRAFFIC WARDENS FAKE PHOTO EVIDENCE | News Of The World

Obviously I do not have the video but what I can do is to test the original file! So

Software, freely available, can detect whether a photo has been altered and since this is key to supporting my case, can I by law under the “Freedom of Information Act”, request the original digital photo? The council in question have not responded to my request. Councils around neighbouring towns offer online viewing of the photograph, unfortunately, this is not true for mine,

I have my appeal already rejected, and from The Parking and Traffic Adjudicators, this was rejected too however it sounds like they have disregarded my remarks about checking for altered photos using the software and there are minor administrative errors.

I would appreciate any advice in how I should approach this.

Colin Liu

The entire post makes no sense?

If you received the PCN it would not be on the car?

What video don't you have to test?

What was the PCN for?

Who issued it?

The channel open to you is to request a review. You have to have a reason that fits but "in the interests of justice" is often a "catch-all".

Be aware that unfounded allegations of crimnal action are not only frowned upon but are potentially defamatory.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

The entire post makes no sense?

If you received the PCN it would not be on the car?

What video don't you have to test?

What was the PCN for?

Who issued it?

Sorry it did not make sense, my apologise.

1) It was actually letters from the baliffs and a NTO to my house.

2) Forget about the video

3) PCN was for parking in a closed bay. I received photo evidence through the post and I am 100% confident nothing was attached.

4) A local council issued the ticket

Hope that clear things. I am trying the challenge the authenticity of the photos, they look very much retouched (I assure you there are mistakes, but not obvious if you look quickly) and state the PCN was not served correctly. I will try to upload the photos once I have a chance.

So, the questions are:

1) Can I demand access to the original digital photos. According the the Freedom of Information Act 2000 from Information Commision, I may be able to. I wanted to confirm?

2) The PCN was issued in March 2008, and my case was referred to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal london and was rejected. I plan to appeal on the decision due to administrative errors and they haven't taken my evidence into considersation.

But it has been over two years now, Is the PCN still valid?

I just feel I did nothing wrong, and I am convinced they edited the photo. I work as a web designer and I know these things can be done very easily.

Basically, i was allegedly parked in a suspended bay. From I recall, two years ago, the road did have bays closed, and I was not parked in any of them.

Unfortunately I can not prove anything at the time of the incident because I was UNAWARE I had a PCN! Only when letters of NTO and baliffs arrive did this come to light.

So, the questions are:

1) Can I demand access to the original digital photos. According the the Freedom of Information Act 2000 from Information Commision, I may be able to. I wanted to confirm?

2) The PCN was issued in March 2008, and my case was referred to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal london and was rejected. I plan to appeal on the decision due to administrative errors and they haven't taken my evidence into considersation.

But it has been over two years now, Is the PCN still valid?

Thanks guys