The politics thread, let's the argument begin!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if there was an emergency General Election tomorrow, would we see the same result?

Them poor, poor deluded blinded people who knew we needed change. But voted for the worse.

Never mind (as my dad always said) Sh*t happens:confused:.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I'm worried too. We both work and work for our business, so if business is bad (and we are in a recession) we have nothing to live on, and the cost of living has just gone up. That said, I do think it could have been worse, and I was expecting worse.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

I think the one which is really getting to me is the DLA one. If there was any doubt as to who they meant by "benefit scroungers", now we know. :mad: Every DLA recipient to go for a medical in 3 years time. Oh yeah, because ATOS is being such a grand success for IB/ESA, isn't it.... Well, from their point of view it is, of course, look at the number of people foun fit to work! :rolleyes: If they get the same success rate with DLA, wey-hey!!!

Hey, *rsehole! What part of "degenerative" do you not understand? Why do you think I have been awarded my DLA for LIFE? Isn't that clue enough? :mad:

And of course, that will happen just when my lovely son will be turning 16 and supposed to claim for himself as an adult. I might just make him fill in the forms himself and if they want him to have a medical, let him go in there by himself. That could be interesting. *evil chuckle*

Bear in mind that only a few months ago, when rumours flew of touching DLA, the grassroot revolt was at such level that ALL the parties swore that DLA was safe. Great, apparently, the benefit IS safe, only the claimants aren't. :mad:

I would like to see them take mine off me Bookie (DLA). If they dare to query my Doctor/Consultants diagnosis I will go to the press. I have been to hospital today for another cancer issue and am no awaiting an appointment at Christies....bloody barstewards :mad::mad::mad:

Got my letter with my results from ATOS yesterday. (nil Poit). I will update my thread in the Benefits Forum just after the suicidal tendencies have disappeared (if they ever do). I am getting admitted to hospital tomorrow afternoon, just after I have been to see my GP (for the millionth time).

However, I did make the phone call to the cretins this morning and have told them that they have now got a huge fight on their hands.

They have told me instantly that I will still receive the buttons I get now until the matter is resolved one way or the other.

I wonder how many public sector workers will now (and I beleive they are entitled to) strike for being s**t on from a great height again?:mad:

(I'm as thick as pig s**t and twice as useless, but I seen this coming a mile away. Them poor deluded voters:confused:).

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

The budget was dreadful and hits the vulnerable IMO.

I'm a public sector worker. There has been just a 1% increase in pay in the last two years. Public sector workers include nurses, firefighters, teachers etc.

I work in a school, in one of the most depraved areas of the country - am waiting for Cameron's promise of more funding for schools like mine. Won't hold my breath on this, because he's a liar and totally untrustworthy, similar to the other thing, Mr "No Scruples" Clegg who sold out for a bit of power.

Well why is it they only tell you half of the story.

I remember Mr Clegg saying that the income tax threshold will be increased to £10,000 if he gets in.

Well today that is £2500 short.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Oh and anyone that owes tax to the HMRC be on your guard as the government is sending in the DCA,s to collect it.

Back on the DLA thing (I have been stewing all day about it): Do people realise that DLA is NOT mean-tested? You can have a full-time job and still qualify, because unlike other benefits, it's the recognition that life for the disabled tends to be more expensive and that extra money is meant to get us on a more even keel.

There may be an argument for IB/ESA being tested (though not the way it is done, and not by ATOS, that's for sure). But DLA? That is really picking on the disability side of things, without the excuse of "helping" getting people back to work. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think anyone who thinks it would have been much better if any other party was doing it is mad. They are all as bad as each other in my opinion, and anyone with half a brain knows that they say what they want to get in office and then they go back on everything they said. Sad, but true. Labour would have done just that too if they got in.

With the DLA thing, why have people who are disabled who do need help refused benefit, and then proceed to pay out to millions who don't need it on the basis that they should recieve money for having a child (child benefit)? I have to say though (sorry Bookie) but I do think that DLA should also be means tested. By that I don't mean to a silly ammount or to discriminate agianst those who earn, but I have personally known people who are claiming DLA when they were very, very well off and didn't need the money. They claimed because they could and because it was their right to. I do think it does need to change so that those who need it get it. Sadley, I don't think they will ever get it right, and it will always be the good honest folk who do need it that miss out.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

In case anyone missed this little gem:

Chancellor George Osborne also made a personal pledge to Sir Martin Sorrell, the chief executive of the WPP advertising agency, to lure him back to Britain by abolishing a punitive overseas tax.

He said he plans to reverse a tax that allows the government to levy profits made by the foreign subsidiaries of British incorporated companies.

If I comment, I will get CAGbotted. :mad:

OK, so a vote for "pollitical reform" is looking likely for 5th May.

The choices are 1st past the post

(person with the most votes wins)

and Alternative Vote

(complex to explain clearly, I'm sure someone will clear up any mistakes I make :p

The candidates need over 50% of the votes to ber elected.

The person with the least votes gets to choose who the votes that went towards him go, and this goes up the ladder until a candidate has over 50%.

Start the discussion :D

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar