sacked for gross misconduct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, my former employer has failed to respond within the 28 days to the ET! Does this help me? Does it show that they know they have no proof that I did the alleged gross misconduct? What happens now? My ACAS conciliator is on leave until 9th Aug, I have only spoken to him once when he called to say that he left a message for the employer to contact him and at that time they had not bothered. Frustrated!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, my former employer has failed to respond within the 28 days to the ET! Does this help me? Does it show that they know they have no proof that I did the alleged gross misconduct? What happens now? My ACAS conciliator is on leave until 9th Aug, I have only spoken to him once when he called to say that he left a message for the employer to contact him and at that time they had not bothered. Frustrated!!

Hi,

In essence, if no response is entered or it is out of time, a judge shall issue a default judgement (Regulation 4(7) of the 2008 Regulations).

In case of late response, an extension of time must be entered within the 28 days...

Edited by Bigredbus

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, Company has responded to ET date for hearing is November. There solicitor has made me 2 offers (stupid amounts) to settle and I have declined both of them. Do you agree that this is a good start?

Is there normally a good amount to request or do we just 'wing it'. My case is strong so maybe I should just go to court. Does anyone know about settlements?

Many thanks for all your help.

There solicitor has made me 2 offers (stupid amounts) to settle and I have declined both of them. Do you agree that this is a good start?

It certainly is!

It's pretty unusual to receive any kind of settlement offer at this early stage.

You could work out the amount of compensation that you would be likely to be awarded by a Tribunal from the information posted by BRB at post #50.

You are under no obligation to respond to the solicitors with a counter settlement figure.

Don't be disheartened if ACAS encourage you to settle for what you consider to be a low figure. From the date on which your ET1 is accepted, the role of ACAS is to act as a go-between to prevent the case progressing to a Tribunal hearing. So, they will play down the strength of your case to you and point out how strong your case is to your employers representatives.

Hi Madisnanny. From what I've read on the forum about ETs, I'd say that's a good sign. They're sort of tacitly accepting you have a claim, and it's only the amount you're arguing over, it seems to me.

Stick with it, I really think the offers will go up. Do what Mariefab says though, and work out your target compensation.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello again, this is what I had thought many thanks and yes ACAS have been kind of playing down my case. I will agree to settle for the amount that I have worked out from above minus what I have earned.

ACAS did point out to the solicitor that I could not have send the alleged email which clearly she looked at more closely and had to agree. I will give them my figure for them to work towards, it would be good to settle as I feel that I cannot put this behind me and I need to move on.

x

Excelent news! So glad things worked out well!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thank you HB for those kind words. I feel my technical knowledge was not really needed, griffzilla and Tezcatlipoca both raised the important questions that needed to be asked, and when the OP pointed out that the IT department were asking the user to change IP addresses it pointed toward a really incompetent IT team. I feel the company have obviously seen the merit of madisnanny's claim against them and knew they were on very unstable ground. I also think if anyone has been lucky in this case it is the company who madisnanny has been very reasonable with! I hope they read this and learn from their mistake. I'd also think if they were reasonable that they should apologize!

I'd be tempted to get a reference from them aswell, just to see what they'd write! (but I love stirring things :lol:)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar