• Tweets

• Even a Piers Morgan is an improvement and a gutless Farage Piers Morgan calls for second Brexit referendum WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage have faced off over Brexit and a second referendum in a heated reunion on BBC Question Time.   “Why don’t we have another referendum about Brexit?” he questioned. “I seem to remember when 2016 came around we were told there was going to be control of our borders and it was going to be economically beneficial to this country. And eight years later we have lost complete control of our borders… and economically it seems to have been a wilful act of self-harm.”   ... Piers missed off : after all somebody said a 48/52 decision would be "unfinished business" by a long way - was that person just bul lying (again)  
    • when did they (who) inform you there was a 'police case' and when was this attained? i will guess the debt is now SB'd as it's UAE 15yrs. have you informed the bsnk ever by email/letter of your correct and current address? you can always ignore anyone else accept the bank,  Block and bounce back all emails. Block any text messages  Ignore any letters unless it's: - a Statutory Demand - a Letter Of Claim - a Court Claimform via Northants bulk.  
    • I left Dubai 8 years ago and intended to return. However a job prospect fell through. I’d been there for 15 years. I decided to pay my credit card and the bank had frozen my account. There is no means to pay the CC so completely unable to pay when I wanted to other than the bank advising me to ask a friend in the UAE to pay it on my behalf!  fast forward bank informs there is a police case against me for non payment. Years later IDR chased me and after months/ years they stopped. Now Judge & Priestley are trying their luck. Now I have received an email in English and Arabic from JP saying the bank has authorised them to collect debts. Is this the same as IDR although I didn’t receive anything like this from them. Just says they are authorised?
    • The neighbour's house is built right on the boundary so the side of their house is effectively the 'wall' in our garden separating the two properties. It's a three storey house and so the mortar poses a potential danger to us. Because of the danger, we have put up an interior fence in our garden to ensure we don't risk mortar dropping on us. That reduces the garden by 25% which is not only an inconvenience, but it's the part of the garden where we had lined up contractors to install a patio and gazebo which we will use for our wedding reception in less than 2 months. We have spoken to the neighbour's caretaker who is on the case, has spoken with a roofer and possibly a scaffolding company, but there are several issues. They don't seem to understand the urgency. As long as there is a risk of falling mortar, we can't carry out any work in the garden, and unless they hurry up, we're looking at cancelling our wedding as it's not viable to book a venue because we can't use our own garden! Also, they want to put the scaffolding up in our garden which would be ok with us if it was a matter of a few days and they hurried up, but there is a tree (most likely protected by the conservation area), so most likely they can only reach part of the roof with the scaffolding if they put it up in our garden. We suggested a roofer with a cherry picker but they seem to want to use a company they've used before. Any and all comments, suggestions, advice is more than welcome.  PS. does it make any difference that the neighbour is a business (ltd) and not a private dwelling?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

could i loose my job contacting enviromental health?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

i have worked for a catering franchise within a dept store for 16yrs.

10 days ago our boiler broke.we have been carrying large amounts of boiling water in buckets all around the kitchen as the boiler feeds the dishwasher so that dont work.

Apart from the girls having a bad back leaning over sinks all day,there,s no hand washing facilities either.

As health & safety rep they have been coming to me complaining.

As the store is responsible for the boiler,they have been getting quotes for a new one.

However they have been looking for a cheaper price of course.

Friday I went into work and one of the girls told me she had twice nearly slipped carrying the buckets of hot water.

I had a meeting with the area Health&safety officer a couple of years ago when i was elected.

She told me that at anytime if I wanted any advice or info to give her a call.

So after the girls telling me she nearly fell,we all felt after 10days of working in these conditions there must be something we can do.

Having never been told of company policies or procedures or who to go to to try and push this along,I decided to ring for advice to the HSO.

Within an hour they were in the building.

My intensions were never done maliciously,I was only covering my back as H&S rep and to ensure my working collegues are not at risk .

My bosses are not happy with me.I rang area manager this morning to explain and apologise.He was very nice and appreciated the call.BUT WILL SPEAK TO ME MONDAY.

I am worried that i may loose my job for maybe not acting in the companies best interest.

ALTHOUGH I WAS ACTING AS I THOUGHT IN MY WORKERS BEST INTEREST.

Apparantly a new boiler is coming Monday now!

ANy thoughts please guys?

Who were you told to raise health and safety issues with? Had you raised the question with your boss? Or are you the senior person on site?

If you only phoned for advice, as you did not know what to do next, then I would have thought it was reasonable, after all, you need to get information on the role from somewhere.

hi,

i am not senior person on site.

my catering manager is on holiday for a few days.

my acting assistant manager was there,she new i was ringing as it was here that nearly slipped the day before.

I dont recall anyone telling me who to raise issues with has i have never had to before.

After speaking on the phone today to new area manager,he assured me we can go to him as well,which i probably should of done.

but the whole point is he thought it was sorted out he said and was not aware it had not been.

i also could of gone to the store manager but she also kept saying,"its in hand",were doing all wecan.

Thats why i thought well no-one seems to be getting very far.i,ll ring hso.

OR WOULD THEY HAVE WAITED FOR AN ACCIDENT TO HAPPEN and then come to me and say "you could see how bad things were,why didnt you pursue this".

Thats what i didnt want to happen,so i felt i covered my back by ringing them.

however will i now pay the price for caring for my fellow workers.!!!!!!!

I would certainly have wanted my health and safety rep to act as you did, you had raised it with your manager, and the store manager, and they had not done anything to change what was happening.

As health and safety rep you have a responsibility to your colleagues, and as you did not know what to do next you rang the only number anyone had ever given you in case of problems.

It sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

lets hope that they see it that way!!!!!

i think that the way they are looking at it is;you have not acted in the companies best interest and you could have got us closed down!!!!

we,ll see monday.

thanks for your interest.

When you called the HSE you made a Protected Disclosure.

The assistant manager was the person who nearly slipped.

The Catering manager was aware of the problem as, even though s/he is currently on holiday, the situation has been ongoing for 10 days.

The store manager kept saying 'it's in hand'.

The area manager was aware of the problem and thought it had been sorted out.

So, that certainly covers any requirement that your employer should be informed of the issue.

You have protection under the Employment Rights Act.

Check out sections 43B, 43C, 43F, 43G, 43J and 43L.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatutes/Acts/ukpga/1996/cukpga_19960018_en_6#pt5-l1g44

Also, as a health and safety rep, you have specific added protection under the act.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatutes/Acts/ukpga/1996/cukpga_19960018_en_7#pt6-pb1-l1g55

So, unless your area manager just says, 'Thank you very much' on Monday; you might like to bring this legislation to his attention.:)

a massive thankyou to you all,i feel alot better now going in there this morning.!!!!!

i have printed alot of this info off so i can take it with me,if need be

i will produce it .

as it stands i am protected!!!!!

thankgod ! and all you guys once again.

shall let you no later how i got on.

cheers

laingy

hi all,

was told at 8.45am that manager wanted to speak to me in office,but she made me wait unit 1.45 just before my shift finished.

however i explained my reasons etc for acting as i did.was asked a few questions.had to sign the statement.basically was told that they accept my reasons and me being niave(if you like) to company policy and if that situ arose again would i handle it differently.

well of course i would,i said.

however i also told them that i resign from h&s rep as i would not put my own job in jeopardy again.as she told me if they had closed us down that would of been the case.

anyway im safe,and apparantly no more will become of this!!!!

thanks all again for help & support.

laingy

Well done... and good luck...

However, I would say that you should keep all documentation related to this incident...

:)

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.