please keep us in your thoughts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well belive it or not he came home last night, the only qualified nurse on the ward left at 6.30 pm as she had done a 12 hour shift. Hospital seems to be very short staffed all of a sudden. Trainees left in charge, very nice but clueless, I was relieved when he was told he could come home. He is very bruised and swollen and when the radiotive seeds kick in in around a week he will not be very well but should be fine and dandy in around 6 months. We will just have to hope he is one of those with mild symptons. But what ever it is better than the big operation some men have to have which is terrible and easier than going for radiotherapy every day for 7 weeks. We are lucky this operation is now available. I would ask that everyone get their fella to go and get an internal examination, the blood test is hopeless, my OH tested negative on this when he clearly wasnt. It was found by chance as he had no symptons at all.The year before this he was even in a clinical trial for prostrate cancer and was clear then. The internal exam is the only sure way of telling if something is wrong.

HF, don't want to hijack your thread, but I think this is good information

BBC NEWS | Health | Prostate cancer

It must be great to have the old fella back home.........the trains have missed him

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

thanks for that CF it is really important peeps go and get checked out. We know of one man who was nagged by his wife to go and get a check up because of my OH. he was found to have advanced prostrate cancer and had to have the op straight away.

PLEASE BE AWARE YOU CAN HAVE NO SYMPTOMS UNTIL IT IS TOO LATE

Thank you everyone, He is slowly getting better, just got to wait for the seeds to activate and then he will be ill again! For around six months anyway. But is will be a small price to pay for saving his life

how kind of you, he is much better but can you believe his company rang up in the week to see when he would be back at work. He went to the doctors and got a sick note so there is nothing they can do now. We are on holiday after this week. He should be well enough to go away but if he isnt then at least he will have had 4 weeks away from work.