please keep us in your thoughts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my hubby now finished his hormone treatment and is in hospital today. (he has early stages of prostrate cancer) He is having the first of a two part operation tomorrow, in a couple of weeks he should be having some radioactive beads implanted. I know he will be unwell for a while after this operation but it is better than the alternatives. Has anyone any expeience of this operation I think it is called brachotherapy? I am a bit worried about how it will affect him short term, the hospital said that this should be around 6 months.

Anyhoo fingers crossed peeps

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are with you. I dont have experience of this particular procedure but 4 years ago I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and this led to me having to have 1 kidney removed. I am now fit and well.

Cancer these days is not the automatic death sentence it used to be and I am sure your hubby will be fine

Sorry don`t know much about this form of cancer but I know from experience that it might be a bit of a rough ride but everything will be okay. I was just looking through the forums for some legal advice regarding a charging order and saw your thread. When someone you love is ill it puts the world into perspective. We take health for granted and suddenly our life can be hit by a bombshell. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I`m sure everything will be okay. A friend went through prostrate cancer and made a full recovery, despite late diagnosis. I will ask him if he knows any more about this treatment but I know you feel worse before you get better. I wish you and your husband well, xx

Hi, My uncle had this treatment early last year and went through it no problem. He could not be in contact with pregnant women and babies for a short while afterwards but he is now on 12 monthly checkups.

I will be thinking of you and your family and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Just shout if I can be of any help at all.

Hugs

JB

Best wishes for your hubby and the family HF. Looks like it's been diagnosed nice and early;).

Good Luck from the SOD'EM household.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family HF. As you know, we are going through something similar with my father. I havent heard of this procedure before but I have heard of many people in my family and circle of friends whos fathers, brothers, partners and sons have all made a full recovery from this form of cancer so I hope you are cheered by that thought.

Best wishes and everything crossed! xxx

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

{{Big hugs}} Hills. Sorry I don't have any experience on this but wish your hubby a full and speedy recovery. x

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

I hope all goes well tomorrow and with future treatment Hils.

The Prostate Cancer Charity offers support and has information on all sorts of treatment including the type your hubby's having. Hope this helps allay some worries for you both.

The Prostate Cancer Charity - Brachytherapy

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hope all goes well Hills. Keeping my paws crossed and sending best wishes from me and the horse xxx

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Get well soon Mr HF

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

thank you all for your advice and help, he is home again now, no problems with the first stage. beads implanted 2 to 3 weeks. I know he will be OK I just hope he does not suffer so much afterwards but at least it is better than the alternative!

Hi HF:)

Sending hugs to you and Mr HF. Glad to hear he is home and that the first stage of treatment went well. I'm not familiar with that particular form of treatment but my Father was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 15 years ago, underwent treatment and made a full recovery - he is now fighting fit and enjoying retirement to the full.

Landy xxx

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

thank you once again for all your good wishes, he has been lucky as it was found quite by chance and we know it is the early stages. We have been together since I was at school and believe me that is such a long time ago! We have been married over 40 years. He still does daft things though like waving to me out of his hospital window when I was standing at the bustop. It was 5 floors up and as I am very shortsighted all I could see was a small figure waving, I knew it would be him so I waved back! Thankfully it was. Love him to bits

by the way I was so distracted the day he went into hospital. I was getting ready to go with him and I went upstairs to get some shoes and came down with a load of washing! That may be my age though

Things will be ok HF

Prostate cancer that isn't cured more often than not is almost considered a chronic disease nowadays.

It's certainly not the death sentence associated with the "C" word.

:)

Glad to hear it was caught in the early stages. I'm sure the love and support you give him will help him recover quickly :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hilary! guess i've been so preoccupied with my race that i didn't catch this earlier. i'm sure this is reminding you of what you went through with celia but i think this is entirely different. caught early, my understanding is that prostate is highly treatable. i'm sure he is getting the best available treatment, just try to stay positive and i'm sure he'll come through this with flying colours.

thanks for your support with my race (and hoping they find cures for the lot soon) and please know that i'm thinking of you and your hubby with loads of love and good thoughts.

lattie