Benefits Stopped

Yogabear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am claiming Jsa benefit and I receive housing benefit. I have been given a letter informing me all my benefits are being stopped as I did not apply for ONE job the jobe centre recommended.

It seems they are assuming I would have actually got this job after applying. ( this position was full time and offering £12000 per anum) I was concerned as I was over qualified for this position and this would not cover my living costs.

I have my history of job applications and I have met the required number of applications in each period. My applications suit my skills and capabilities and the salary bracket I need to sustain my current needs.

I was made redundant after 8 years from a £30k pa job. I am looking to return to this kind of work and a position demanding my skill set.. I have been almost bullied into taking any thing and every thing the jobcentre throw at me to tick the thier boxes and I am now being penalised for not applying for ONE position they recommended

One person in particular is addamant I should be appliying for any thing and every thing including jobs I have no relevant skills for.

I now have no money coming in, how do they expect me to live...pay rent!

Can any one help me please.

I have never claimed job seekers before so I am not really hot on my rights.

Yogabear,

When I was made unemployed last year, I was advised by jobcentre staff that I had a period of thirteen weeks grace. In other words that period was allowed were I could be "fussy" with applications and restrict them to jobs with a similar salary and skill set to the job I had just left. I was also advised that after that period I would have to apply for any and every job that I thought and the jobcentre thought that I stood a chance of getting. I didnt worry too much as the employers would know if you were over qualified and get bored and probably would not take you on. How long have you been unemployed for.

Cheers - Scousegeezer.

They can apply a sanction for failing to comply with a jobseekers direction (if indeed that is what it was) or failure to comply with your JSAg however they cannot terminate your claim.

Can you clarify whether your claim has been terminated altogether or whether they have stopped your payments for a period (sanction)? If they have sanctioned you then you can appeal against this. Whether the appeal would be successful would depend on a number of factors.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)