style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Couldn't agree more seanamarts.

A second chance in the 90%+ of jobs that DO NOT involve the daily / hourly opportunity for fraud would be just fine.

An acquaintance of mine was given a second chance after release from prison. He was cautioned for direct debit fraud within a year of release!!!

He's still got a job involving access to peoples data and bank details..........................

Im all for giving people second chances, but I feel that bailiffs whether certificated or not should not have a criminal record.

I was surprised myself to hear recently that there are quite a few bailiffs who have been granted a bailiff certificate DESPITE the fact that they are undischarged bankrupts!! Personally, I cannot support this at all.

I stand by the statement that I gave in that article. Clearly, Mr Stokes did wrong, he got caught and served a custodial sentence. He does not work as a bailiff and instead works within the office.

A lot of people within the industry knew he had been employed by JBW and this story has probably surfaced at least 3 times in the past year....probably when contracts are coming up for renewal and rival bidders are looking for a bit of gossip to leak to local authorities in an attempt to get a Contract !!!

I agree people should be allowed to move on and after a certain period leave their past behind if its not violance/death/sex offences etc...

but, come on.... this guy is a thief and manages baileffs below him... ! what does that tell ya lol

Stokes was originally sentenced for stealing £113,995 from Leeds City Council. He had set up a bailiff firm to recover debts for the borough, and he recovered almost £222,000, but he paid the council only £118,000. It was reported that most of the money was used to fund business expenses.

he only stole £113K FFS ! lol

Im all for giving people second chances, but I feel that bailiffs whether certificated or not should not have a criminal record.

Honorable.:)

But does not becoming a bailiff automatically make you a criminal.?

It seems compulsory.:D

WHAT ????

I assumed he had been done for something unconnected to bailiff activities.

Am i missing something? He got a new certificate AFTER doing that?

How do you get refused a certificate - turn up to the interview with a severed head in bag or something?

• Haha 1

I was surprised myself to hear recently that there are quite a few bailiffs who have been granted a bailiff certificate DESPITE the fact that they are undischarged bankrupts!! Personally, I cannot support this at all.

I stand by the statement that I gave in that article. Clearly, Mr Stokes did wrong, he got caught and served a custodial sentence. He does not work as a bailiff and instead works within the office.

A lot of people within the industry knew he had been employed by JBW and this story has probably surfaced at least 3 times in the past year....probably when contracts are coming up for renewal and rival bidders are looking for a bit of gossip to leak to local authorities in an attempt to get a Contract !!!

And there was I thinking you were on the debtors side!

WHAT ????

I assumed he had been done for something unconnected to bailiff activities.

Am i missing something? He got a new certificate AFTER doing that?

How do you get refused a certificate - turn up to the interview with a severed head in bag or something?

I think a severed head would probably be marked down as "pro-active debt collection enforcement" :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Does this mean even if they have ccjs themselves as well ?

So whats cooking today ?

Not wanting to defend the person in question particularly, but that sounds more like poor business management than actual planned theft, although covered by the theft law, hence why he was prosecuted that for.

Not wanting to defend the person in question particularly, but that sounds more like poor business management than actual planned theft, although covered by the theft law, hence why he was prosecuted that for.

I think the feelings are more against JWB hiring someone convicted of theft, and even if it was bad business management, he still has a criminal record of theft and it is associated with the Debt Collection Industry

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I think the feelings are more against JWB hiring someone convicted of theft, and even if it was bad business management, he still has a criminal record of theft and it is associated with the Debt Collection Industry

That is what the end is regardless of what they say it is a unspent conviction and also is still live. Like to see what hmcs have to say about it.

So whats cooking today ?