THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why wold the poor need to fly? They'll have no money for frivulous things like holidays :p

LOL, no, I mean those that can just afford to as cheap air travel opened up the skies to many more millions of passengers. Those working classes maybe that float around the level at which every penny counts might be affected (amongst other changes going on?) I don't know - just guessing out loud.

We will need to fly all of those Johnny foreigners (who are over here taking all of our jobs) back home.

Back home with you, worm!! :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I agree with 99.9% of what bookie says on this thread... one little thing I want to point out tho just to keep things balanced

Both the big parties do this. If you look at how many voters it takes to get a seat, the Labour party only needed 33,000 and the conservatives needed 35,000. Both of the big parties keep the "constituency map" drawn in their favor when they get voted in. How else can the lib dems have had 1% higher proportion of votes than the previous election and lost 5 seats? Just to add, to vote a lib dem into a seat it took 120,000 votes! And the "political reform" they are so keen on talking about still means if you live in a stronghold and you want to vote against the trend, your vote is worthless!

Yes, you're absolutely right. It's just that with the 55% barnacle-to-side-of-ship change as it is, it seems somewhat of an overkill. :razz:

No, you sponge, it's only for us wot we're real foreigners like.

Sadly, the demise of the BNP in the election :-D :-D :-D means that this bonus is no longer on the table. On the other hand, it means that neither is the BNP, so it's not all bad news. :-D :-D :-D

Meanwhile, back to the Queen's speech (well, not really hers, written for her by the government for her to read), in more simple words:

"Schools to be able to opt out of local authority control by applying for academy status and receiving their funding directly" - Privatisation.

"Private sector allowed to buy shares in the Post Office." - Privatisation.

"Moves to drive investment in airport facilities for passengers and cut regulation and bureaucracy" - I'm not 100% sure, but it does seem to point towards privatising security/passport control?

"Labour’s planned one per cent National Insurance rise will go ahead for employees but not employers" - Employees get clobbered, but not the employers. So much for the indignant "tax on jobs" they so decried before the election.

"Corporation tax rates reduced and simplified over five years" - More tax breaks for the very wealthy.

"Transfer of City supervision powers to Bank of England" - Even less powers to crackdown on the banks, and no mention of cutting down bonuses or tackling the iniquitous charges system. Instead, the B of E will "supervise", but whether it will be able to enforce anything is another matter. Looks like the banks will be left to self-regulate again, and we know how well THAT worked in the past.

"Continued commitment to working with Afghan government to deliver lasting security and stability" - No pulling out of the troops any time soon, if ever.

"Constituency maps redrawn to reduce number of MPs and make seats a similar size" - Just in case the 55% is not enough, let's make sure Labour safe seats are wiped out altogether.

"A ‘fairer and simpler’ tax and benefits system" - Nothing more said, but the real worry is that "fairer and simpler" will mean major cuts all around, with a system where either you tick all the boxes and you get the benefits or you don't and you get turned down.

"Welfare Reform Bill to better encourage people to return to work" - IB claimants to be assessed by ATOS and if declared fit for work, switched to JSA instead of IB.

And did anyone see anything about repelling the bailiffs' extended powers so touted before the election? No? didn't think so.

Summary: If you are already filthy rich, the ConDem will look after you.

If you're poor, who cares anyway? :-(:-(:-(

Bookie......For God's sake.....Just give them a chance!!!!!!

Signed..

A Hole

and

I Diot

We did warn them.:rolleyes:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I commented yesterday on a thread which claimed loudly before the election that DC had "vowed" to repel the increased powers for bailiffs law, and which, 2 weeks on, are realising that no such thing is happening. I went on and did say "I told you so", only to be told that I "gave up too easily"!!! :razz: Ah, ok then. :-|

I'll tell you way they can save a lot of money in the Benefits System. Stop sending out pointless letters that have 1 page with information on it, and then about 5-6 practically blank pages with no information on them at all. They could save a fortune on envelopes, paper, ink, electric to print them and of course postage.

Since I came out of work, I have received a multitude of letters that they didn't need to send out. All useless:confused:.

The problem here is that ATOS (whom perform the medicals on behalf of the DWP) are a private company. And just like a wheel clamping outfit, the more wheels clamped, the greater the company revenue. So therefore, the more peeps that get passed as fit for work, the more money they receive. Whether they appeal and win or not, ATOS couldn't give A TOS because they have already been paid.

Out of 170,000 ATOS assesments, 135,000+ were declared fit for work. Although in March this year they were told they had to pay more attention to Mental Health Issues, they seem to have ignored that. The reason I know this is because I myself attended one of those assessments last Monday and they never give a second thought to the mental issues I have. I also have a physical disability (enlarged heart), but I will not know how much that can affect work until I have been to hospital for needed tests.

The assessors (although they call themselves doctors) have not got the necessary knowledge to determine most cases. It's ridiculous. I could go on, but why bother. I think the DWP are just hoping that not everyone will appeal so they will save money that way.

What gets me the most is the fact that I have seen 4 different GP's, a professor and a consultant who all say that I am not fit to work at the moment, yet ATOS will tell the DWP that I am.

Ridiculous:mad:

I know everyones case is individual and different, but they need to radically change the way they do things.

That is so scary. :-(

I was with a chap with autism at his IB assessment last year (first they stopped his benefits THEN said he had to go for an assessment) t omake sure he didn't get railroaded, and just as well, as the questions are absolutely not geared towards something like autism. If I hadn't been there to stop him and get him to re-ask the question, the poor lad wouldn't have stood a chance. For example: "are you at college now?" "No", says the lad. Tick in the box. Me: "errr, excuse me? May I?" Turning to the lad: "why aren't you at college now?" Him: "It's the school holidays".... Dr stares at him, startes at me, changes the tick. *sigh* And so it went on.

One thing I can say is that with the introduction of the Autism Bill, ATOS are going to find themselves of breach of it very quickly if they don't start adapting their questionnaires, and that's good.

But what of all those with mental health issues who won't be protected by a specific like the Autism Bill? :-(

It is scary, scary, scary. :-(

Very scary Bookie, and thank you to the other 2 above you:p. It's a good job I know this site, and it did take me a long time to get the courage to start a thread in the benefits forum. If you were to read it, you would understand why. But luckily I am getting a lot of support and positive feedback to get me through this.

The reason I really didn't want to start a thread is because I don't want anyone phoning the men in the white coats on me.:confused: