THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown didn't punish the bankers though, did he?

Brown, would not follow in Obama's path?

The consequences of the hung parliament could put the UK into the same bracket as;

Greece, Portugal, Spain and Italy (United Kingdom? as per Moody's...)

Anyhow, the following link is amusing:

Papers: Newspaper Front Pages On Saturday, May 8, 2010 | UK News | Sky News

I just voted Plaid Cymru.

Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish should get two votes each, if they want to want to vote for their national party.

bb, I think that's a great idea..........and then the left-over bit of the UK can get on with the job in hand and leave our Celtic cousins to it.....the Conservative majority in England alone is nearly 100 seats. Maybe we English voters could have two votes as well:D

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Amusing? No, I think it's outrageous. You do realise Brown could sue the Sun for libel, since it implies that he is there illegally, when his isn't.

Let's be clear, Labour may have lost, but Tories haven't won. They have gained more seats, that's ALL. If people are not happy about it, change your constitution, but I'm afraid this is all of the voters' doing.

The people have expressed quite clearly ONE thing: they're not happy with having any of the top 3 in power. There's your vote of non-confidence right there. Even with the perceived laxity of Labour's leadership in the last 13 years, people are STILL not confident that Tory is the way to get us out.

If any of these 3 had any real desire to help the country and not just themselves, scrabbling to get the best deal for themselves, they would call a second election right now, one which won't be marred by administrative mistakes, by people being turned away from voting stations. I guarantee the turnout would be a lot higher AND people wouldn't squander their votes so much.

Amusing? No, I think it's outrageous. You do realise Brown could sue the Sun for libel, since it implies that he is there illegally, when his isn't.

Let's be clear, Labour may have lost, but Tories haven't won. They have gained more seats, that's ALL. If people are not happy about it, change your constitution, but I'm afraid this is all of the voters' doing.

The people have expressed quite clearly ONE thing: they're not happy with having any of the top 3 in power. There's your vote of non-confidence right there. Even with the perceived laxity of Labour's leadership in the last 13 years, people are STILL not confident that Tory is the way to get us out.

If any of these 3 had any real desire to help the country and not just themselves, scrabbling to get the best deal for themselves, they would call a second election right now, one which won't be marred by administrative mistakes, by people being turned away from voting stations. I guarantee the turnout would be a lot higher AND people wouldn't squander their votes so much.

Tend to agree with you on this Bookie......it's a vote of no confidence in the lot of them, and then to top it all the electoral procedure itself was shown to be useless. Although the regional differences in the actual votes was very interesting. Labour survive purely on the seats in Scotland and Wales, and the Nationalist parties aren't making as much headway as i'd expected.

Be very careful what people wish for if they like the idea of PR........it would give the BNP 12 seats on their share of the actual vote

I think we'll all be back in the voting booths by October at the latest

Edited by charleyfarley

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Booky, there are 10 other newspaper front pages on that link, which shows 11; some of which are amusing!

Hear hear CF, at last something we agree on in politics!!! :-D

I also am VERY unhappy about the notion of PR, because it does give extremist parties a lot more power.

I've said it before, but I can't see why we can't have the same system as in France, where you have TWO rounds. If there is no clear majority at the 1st round (there seldom is), you get a 2nd round the next week where only the 2 top candidates are up for the top job. then you have a choice of voting for either the one you like the most or at least the one you dislike the least, lol.

At the moment, we have here a situation where no-one is happy with the way the LibDems, the ones with the FEWER votes of the top 3, effectively hold in their hands the choice of the way this country will go for the next few years. :rolleyes:

Booky, there are 10 other newspaper front pages on that link, which shows 11; some of which are amusing!
:-? when I clicked on it, I only saw the Sun one. :-?

Edit: Doh!!! I got so annoyed at that one I shut down the page straight away!!!

Edit 2: Nope, still not amused. :razz:

by Bookworm:

At the moment, we have here a situation where no-one is happy with the way the LibDems, the ones with the FEWER votes of the top 3, effectively hold in their hands the choice of the way this country will go for the next few years."[END QUOTE]

Agree, however, this has happened before in 1974.

Many, conservatives voted liberal, the result was a hung parliament and; Wilson:(

You would think that people would learn by their mistakes; history repeats itself.

Also, please bear in mind that, GB is non-elected...the people of this country want him to, GO and;

people from all walks of life!

We need a stable government, the only way that will be acheived is with David Cameron.

Furthermore, if Clegg cannot reach an agreement, it will be political suicide for him/Liberal Democrats.

Somehow, I think the likelihood of The Tories and Labour joining forces is not going to happen! :lol:

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

by Bookworm:

At the moment, we have here a situation where no-one is happy with the way the LibDems, the ones with the FEWER votes of the top 3, effectively hold in their hands the choice of the way this country will go for the next few years."[END QUOTE]

Agree, however, this has happened before in 1974.

Many, conservatives voted liberal, the result was a hung parliament and; Wilson:(

You would think that people would learn by their mistakes; history repeats itself.

Also, please bear in mind that, GB is non-elected...the people of this country want him to, GO and;

people from all walks of life!.

People might want him to go, doesn't mean they want a Tory government. The fact that he's not elected, what does that to do with anything? He won't be the first, he won't be the last, why are people going on about it as if he had somehow taken power by a coup d'etat? I can't remember the same irrelevant trash being said about Major when he took over from Maggie after she was stabbed in the back by her own party!

Do NOT confuse the person with the party. I am unlikely to ever meet either of them, but I do know that what they decide as a party is what matters. :-|

We need a stable government, the only way that will be acheived is with David Cameron.
dielaffin.gif

Furthermore, if Clegg cannot reach an agreement, it will be political suicide for him/Liberal Democrats

Judging by what's going on the LD Facebook groups, I'd say that if he goes in with the Tories, it will be even worse. I have yet to see ONE LD to agree that an alliance with them would be a good thing, most of them feel very betrayed that he should even consider it, because most of them feel that in general, their affinities are closer to Labour than Tory, and that if he does it, it will be the last time they will ever vote LD.

Personally, I'd rather they didn't reach any agreement and called a new election, one which wouldn't be so tainted for starters. Call it a spoiled ballot on a national level and start again.

Somehow, I think the likelihood of The Tories and Labour joining forces is not going to happen! :lol:
and yet, THAT would be the most democratic result of all, truly reflecting the will of the people. :rolleyes:

We had that a few times in France, with the President from one party, and the chambers from the opposite. The 1st time it happened was by accident, but the French seemed to quite like it and went on to vote that way a few more times. I think they realised that this way, the balance of power was more, well, balance, and that it stopped politicians from having too much power, which is not completely stupid as a concept. ;-)

Well, I am certainly not going to get embroiled in a political debate about what 'some' think of the Conservative Party. I have stated my view, of which I am entitled!

The title of this thread is:

"THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??"

My decision was to vote for David Cameron, as did many others;

2 million more than GB: Labour Party.

there is much unrest with the general public as the tv is showing NC is making a speech right now PR is the way

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.