Illegal U-Turn PCN please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats nothing to do with workflow. In fact workflow avoids such issues as a matter of design.

And how is that? It is virtually impossible to ensure all PCNs are sent out in the order they are observed and since there is a window of several weeks to issue the PCN there is little point in wasting time doing so.

workflow avoids the issue of varied days working by individuals - as said previously. Look it up. It involves work queues handed by 'knowledge workers' - ahh I think I see why council parking depts don't use it.

workflow avoids the issue of varied days working by individuals - as said previously. Look it up. It involves work queues handed by 'knowledge workers' - ahh I think I see why council parking depts don't use it.

I know what it means, but you obviously have no idea how the enforcement process works despite your attempt to be humurous.

Why oh Why are we arguing? The thread is about an incorrect sign which has been clearly indentified as such and the advice has been given to the OP and another poster in the same position. We should be assisting people where the council is in the wrong as in this case.

NOT bickering with each other FFS!

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

I need the before and after photos as they are clearly going to pursue the pcn as they have Jen's, I sent the letter off suggested by Sam Sailor and am awaiting a reply. I would like them sent to my hotmail if anyone would be so kind, ktg21_@hotmail .com ( i'm not a tech boffin) I am really keen to go to arbitration as a group if that is possible as i feel they have been very underhand the council and by changing the sign surely this is as good as admitting fault on their behalf.

Katygio - Doesn't entirely help you but when I looked a few days ago the second set of signs still showed the no u-turn picture and just the caption "100 yds". Are you able to check and get that? It all helps to show council confusion.

Also contact the highways dep't and get written confirmation of the various changes. I have presented an e-mail from TfL in the past to show evidence for me. I forced Haringey to back down before PATAS and then I got a £50 apology from them.

I reckon the local press would be interested in this... has anyone informed them?

In any event, please keep us posted because I would go all the way on this one!

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

Give your local rag a ring! They love stories like this and especially in Haringey.

Please Note

• 1 month later...
Just to update.

They have rejected both of my appeals and have enclosed pictures of the new and updated signage!

Ring them and say you have evidence that the signs have been changed between you getting your PCN and the pictures they have enclosed. Come back and let us know what they say. Also, did you contact your local media?

Please Note

Thanks sam.

I didn't bother ringing them as they wrote in their letter that they considered all that I said about the word "for" not being included. I even enclosed photographs of the sign so they obviously don't care. I just wrote straight to the adjudicator. I basically told him what the sign used to say, how it was illegal and confusing and how the council subsequently changed it after I had informed them. I also enclosed two photos...before and after the change was made. Was that the right move? Or should I have called first? From my experience, they never cancel pcn's because of a phonecall.

Only thing I am worried about is that I got two pcns. I sent my appeals on the same day (in different envelopes) I hope the adjudicator doesn't see me as a "repeat offender" or anything.

As for the local media....I didn't bother. Not such a me thing to do! Although I am now starting to hate Haringey council. I now quite often see the smart car now just parked by a box junction just down the road. hmmm wonder what he is doing there?

Thanks sam.

I didn't bother ringing them as they wrote in their letter that they considered all that I said about the word "for" not being included. I even enclosed photographs of the sign so they obviously don't care. I just wrote straight to the adjudicator. I basically told him what the sign used to say, how it was illegal and confusing and how the council subsequently changed it after I had informed them. I also enclosed two photos...before and after the change was made. Was that the right move? Or should I have called first? From my experience, they never cancel pcn's because of a phonecall.

Only thing I am worried about is that I got two pcns. I sent my appeals on the same day (in different envelopes) I hope the adjudicator doesn't see me as a "repeat offender" or anything.

As for the local media....I didn't bother. Not such a me thing to do! Although I am now starting to hate Haringey council. I now quite often see the smart car now just parked by a box junction just down the road. hmmm wonder what he is doing there?

Absolutely the right move. I cannot see this not being thrown out by the adjudicator. It is clear that the concil are wrong here.

I've hated Haringey council since the Baby P scandal!

Please Note

listen folks, i appealed and have just got a letter back saying they are pursuing the pcn. I don't mean to lay on a sob story but am pregnant with my first child and I can't afford this! i really need the images of the old and new signs. I have posted a request and sent private messages to people on the forum but these have proved unsuccessful/ PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone e-mail me the images so i can do exactly as 'JennyPopper' had done and appeal to the adjudicator. my e mail is [email protected]

I don't have aleg to stand on without the images, do i?

Edited by katygio

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on this one?

Please Note

• 1 year later...
Hi Jenny,

I know this happened over 1y ago but could you please let us know what happened at the end?

I've got a really similar PCN and wondering what happened for you in the arbitration...

I'd actually forgotten about this! Well as you can see, I asked the question over a year ago and am still waiting! I suggest you start your own thread giving the location, circumstances ect where you will get some advice. But it may not be tonight...