If you are with BT.....

locutus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

... and if you get:

• Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Employment Support Allowance (Income related) or
  • Pensions Credit (Guaranteed Credit)

This will save you a bundle over standard line rental!

A simple guide to BT Basic - BT's Inclusive Communications Website

This is BT's "Socially Responsible" package, they don't advertise it as they make little to no profit on it.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Yes Kip, good point, you CAN have broadband with BT Basic. Also even if you are still within your minimum term of you BT phone package, you can switch to this with no penalty!

Here's a direct link to the BT Basic leaflet http://www.btplc.com/inclusion/Needhelp/BTBasic/BTBasic.pdf

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

what i will add this is only if you are a real low USER you get a small call allowance, after that its 10p a minute, so if your calls are more that £4.50 approx a quarter , do the sums first it could turn out expensive for you

Yup, you pay £4.50 line rental a month, and get £4.50 worth of calls for that month at 10p a minute (45 mins) and that is only Local and national UK phone numbers that begin ‘01’, ‘02’ or ‘03’. Calls to mobiles are chargable.

Read up on it before deciding!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

you have to be carefull its not 4.50 a month of calls, its the way they word it

its actually

quote their site

Your line rental includes a call allowance of £4.50 every three months (this includes VAT).

Shame it does not include people getting DLA.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

The reason of course DLA does not apply as there are those have other income and still get DLA

it was brought about because BT wanted to drop the low user scheme, but as their were many who were on very low income, e.g., the phone was more for emergency’s etc rather than a chat everyday thing OFCOM and with a lot of pressure from other charities, Help The Aged etc, made them provide a replacement, but with strict guidelines of who will qualify for it.

you have to be carefull its not 4.50 a month of calls, its the way they word it

its actually

quote their site

Your line rental includes a call allowance of £4.50 every three months (this includes VAT).

Hi

That's very low. Nice idea if you make a minimum of calls.

NMB

• 4 years later...

Hi I'm not sure if we qualify or not? to get BT Basics.

My husband gets pension credit ( Guaranteed Credit ) but the BT account is in my name!

We have a letter stating from The Pension Service that : This letter is for your information. Please retain it as evidence of Pension credit entitlement for the following people:

My Husband and myself.

Does anybody know? or can help...many thanks

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE