Cash Genie.. Cleared my account.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not a v experienced cagger so someone else may advise differently but I would say you have little chance of retrieving the money

with regard to food etc I would suggest applying for a crisis loan from the social fund. Anyone is entitled to apply regardless of benefits status etc & payments can be made at jobcentres on the day.

One tip I'd don't say it's for rent when you apply as it is an emergency fund for food & essential bills only eg gas & electric. Not housing costs

today cash genie decided to clear my accounts of all 268 in it...

Is there any way I can get this back as I am now left without rent or food for this month :(

Little you can do. Please make sure you cancel your card - report it lost/stolen. Cash genie may well 'raid'your account when you have funds in it and clear it again.

You could report to your bank as a fraudulent transaction and one or two have had refunds. Banks don't play ball generally.

Cash Genie have no morals and won't care about your personal circumstances.

Little you can do. Please make sure you cancel your card - report it lost/stolen. Cash genie may well 'raid'your account when you have funds in it and clear it again.

You could report to your bank as a fraudulent transaction and one or two have had refunds. Banks don't play ball generally.

Cash Genie have no morals and won't care about your personal circumstances.

Right so far I have an email from cash genie confirming that they are refunding me £150 of the £268..

I am not eligible for a crisis loan as am in full time work :(

I spoke to my bank and they said the transactions are genuine and wont do anything :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have just read ur posts and felt I needed to respond so have just singned up. Cash Genie also cleared my account and left me with no money for the rest of the month.I was distraught as I already struggle due to a drop in income. Iam also a single parent with two children.So I phoned CG who were horrible and really did not give a dam. In fact the attitude was oh well tuff s@?t. Very unpleasent. I did not authorize them to do this.so I contacted my bank. My bank said I could contact the Visa Charge Back team and they could help.

So I did, I had to fill in a form plus I put a covering letter explaining what these theifs did. They were very helpful. I got my money back. And I will continue to pay these people an amount that I can afford.

So if people do take money via ur debit card do a charge back asap. Dont let these people get away with theft out of your account.

I really hope this helps. And good luck.

PS, I had told cg that I needed to make reduced payments. Plus I had been paying just interest for months. They then just helped themselves to as much as they could, when they realised I had little money. No doubt trying to line their pockets asap.

So if the bank says they are genuine PLEASE emphasise that you did not authorise the amount they took. It may take a while. Talk to different people at the bank and get the phone number for the visa charge back team. One person I spoke to had not heard of visa Charge back as I believe its not widely known about.

Anyway all the best.