Santander/Abbey/like a little fly buzzing round my head!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I'll try to keep this brief! We had an Abbey bank account with an agreed overdraft which defaulted back in 2007 at a very difficult financial time. After a fair bit of to-ing and fro-ing they just seemed to drop us, fine I thought, I'll see how long this lasts. Well it lasted until last week when we had a letter from Wescot demanding the money, I've written to them with the usual stuff, income/expenditure and an offer, the same offer everyone else has accepted, so we'll wait and see. Now that's not the problem (yet) basically, without going into boring details, I don't agree with the figure and want to write to Santander about it, but I don't know where to write, I've never had anything from them with an address. Can anyone help? Their collection dept address would be the best best.

Thanks in hopefulness

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I sent the Income and expenses because it's worked with all the others. It's a slightly exaggerated one, and gives us a chance to save. I want eventually to pay these debts off with a full and final settlement.

I can't dispute that I owe the money, although if I'd actually been able to get bank charges back they'd owe me, a lot! But that's a different moan.

So I'd rather just quietly pay a small amount each month and eventually clear it completely, shouldn't take more than a year or so.

I will be getting in touch with Santander though, thanks for the address.

Do you still have the default notice Abbey sent you? Chances are it will be invalid due to them not giving an actual date to rectify the default by. Also if the overdraft amount contained a load of bank charges, then that also renders it invalid as the default amount becomes inaccurate. I'm just waiting for them to terminate the account in writing, then I'm going to be hitting them with an unlawful recission of agreement, and claiming my charges back + interest.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Do you still have the default notice Abbey sent you? Chances are it will be invalid due to them not giving an actual date to rectify the default by. Also if the overdraft amount contained a load of bank charges, then that also renders it invalid as the default amount becomes inaccurate. I'm just waiting for them to terminate the account in writing, then I'm going to be hitting them with an unlawful recission of agreement, and claiming my charges back + interest.

Hi, thanks for the replies

I've hunted down the default notice and you're right, no date to rectify, all it says is that 'default information will be registered 28 days from the date of this letter'

Is this just an Abbey mistake? What should I do now? Does it mean I can have this removed from my credit file? Yes, there are a lot of charges in this, and in fact after I got this notice the balance jumped by about £900 and I don't really know why (even though I queried it enough times back then!) That's the part I wanted to query with Santander now, but I might put that on hold for now if there's another solution here, especially one that might give me a chance to get back at the Abbey a bit!

What's my next move? :)

• 4 months later...

I'm bumping this because no one actually answered my later question. If the default notice is invalid, does this mean I can get it removed from my credit file? Also, what actual point is the SAR letter? Information is one thing, but how would I then use that?

This went on hold because we moved house.