Welcome Finance, Driving me up the wall... Please help :(

STSmiley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm having issues with Welcome Finance calling me all the time.

I wrote to them in advance, as I knew I wouldn't be able to pay them and asked for them to allow me 6 months not to pay until I sorted out my coucil tax arrears and paid off some smaller debts which would free up my finances to pay them the bulk of my disposable income.

I am yet to recieve a response to this in writing all I have had is numerous phonecalls from an agressive lady called Lizzie at their Southampton Office.

I sent them a budget sheet twice and copies of my bank statement as well as the warning letter and later court summons from the council as evidence that I was unable to pay.

She said that they would not accept non payment for 6 months. I asked for this response in writing but she has still not sent it.

She was calling me at work and on my mobile and landline for about 2 weeks. When I finally called her back and said that I had re-arranged a payment of £160 to the electric company instead of the full amont of £230. So I could make a token payment of £30. She happily accepted this and said she would call when I next got paid to see what I could afford then. I don't get paid until the 30th of this month.

She called me on Friday 12th, accusing me of making up the figures on my budget sheet as the amounts had changed since the first one I sent. I did tell her in the first phonecall that i had missed some payments off including a payment to HMRC which I have to pay or they will just deduct from my wages. Also that on the first one I over estimated my phonebill.

But she was questioning how much I pay to travel to work and take mey son to school. This was perfectly right and I got a bit irrate as she was implying stuff. So I got annoyed and asked her why was she calling me stressing me out when she knew I didn't have any money until the end of the month. When we arranged the call back.

I'm getting sick of her ringng me up to badger me when she has evidence that my bank account has no money in it.

I'm 14wks pregnant and I really can't take it anymore, I missed a payment to another creditor to pay them that £30. That company have been understanding and have re-arranged to make up for this missed payment. WFS are like sharks they don't get it when you tell them your situation and think that if they badger the hell out of you somehow magically you'll get hold of the money to pay them.

Well I've ranted a bit so i better get to the point. They are stresing me out which is not good for my health at all considoring that I am just entering my 2nd trimester.

I did shout at her on Friday and I screamed some very naughty words, but I was really upset and my Son's dad (who came round to pick him up) had to calm me down.

I don't know where to go with this now as I really cant do anything until August when I am on maternitylink3.gif leave. I'm also there paying off my other debts including my car payments which is costing me £180.96 even though I can't drive :rolleyes:. I am only paying that instead of WFS as they can and will tak ethe car and still make me pay for it. They have the V5 in the companies name not mine.

Just some figures for you. I owe them less than £1400. My total outgoings a month are £1616.54 and I only bring in £1752.15

I have 6 other creditors to pay but they are all on minimum payments. If I stick to them I can be debt free for Christmas. My total debt is £3765.

Because of rent arrears and council tax arrears and a cut to my Tax credits I am unable to pay WFS at the agreed amount but as I said as soon as the car is paid for and maybe even sold I can start paying again. I just need more time.

What can I do, if anything?

Lot's has happened that wasn't expected this year including my seperation from my husband so money is really really tight :(

Thanks in advance,

*-*-*-*-*STSmiley*-*-*-*-*

this is harrassment

they have no right to know ANY of financial details.

only a judge can demand that

stop talking to these jokers on the phone.

do everything in writing.

i'll get this thread moved to the welcome finance forum where you will get lots of help.

if you have the agreement, i'd get it scanned up ready to post [after removing all pers info/barcdoes]

as i expect, like manty many others, you have been fleeced for PPI & various other unlawful charges that can ALL be reclaimed back with interest!.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this is harrassment

they have no right to know ANY of financial details.

only a judge can demand that

stop talking to these jokers on the phone.

do everything in writing.

i'll get this thread moved to the welcome finance forum where you will get lots of help.

if you have the agreement, i'd get it scanned up ready to post [after removing all pers info/barcdoes]

as i expect, like manty many others, you have been fleeced for PPI & various other unlawful charges that can ALL be reclaimed back with interest!.

dx

Thanks DX, I didn't know where to post.

They called me again 20mins ago. I've just finished crying.

Want me to send them evidance that my tax credits have decreased and he said he wouldn't write to me as it will cost me £10 per letter.

Also threatened to come to my house. When I said that he couldn't do it without an appointment he laughed at me and said I didn't know anything and that they can and will.

He's going to call me back next Thursday so he says.... :x

Hi, and sorry to hear about your troubles. I seem to get away with a lot of the phone abuse because of how I speak on the phone, but my Wife has gotten it in the past so I know how it can get.

You mention they call you sometimes on your Mobile, if this is the case most mobile phones have the built in ability to record calls, you should use that so you have evidence of the threatening behaviour, in case it goes further.

Secondly here is the letter template to withdraw the right for them to call at your house and to state you will only deal with them in writing.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-

Hope this helps and I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy.

they can charge you what they like

you can claim it ALL back + interst.

now PLEASE .........

STOP answering the phone to these jokers...........put it down when they call.

you are under NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to talk to them on the phone EVER!

for the minute, chill out and relax

you are in goodhands here.

there is NOTHING they can do to you...they nor any debt collection agency have ANY legal powers...they are NOT BAILIFFS!!

the big guns will be along soon to help/

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, and sorry to hear about your troubles. I seem to get away with a lot of the phone abuse because of how I speak on the phone, but my Wife has gotten it in the past so I know how it can get.

You mention they call you sometimes on your Mobile, if this is the case most mobile phones have the built in ability to record calls, you should use that so you have evidence of the threatening behaviour, in case it goes further.

Secondly here is the letter template to withdraw the right for them to call at your house and to state you will only deal with them in writing.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-

Hope this helps and I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy.

Thank you very much :)

they can charge you what they like

you can claim it ALL back + interst.

now PLEASE .........

STOP answering the phone to these jokers...........put it down when they call.

you are under NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to talk to them on the phone EVER!

for the minute, chill out and relax

you are in goodhands here.

there is NOTHING they can do to you...they nor any debt collection agency have ANY legal powers...they are NOT BAILIFFS!!

the big guns will be along soon to help/

dx

Ok I got you. No more phonecalls. I would normally ignore the phone but this came up as a mobile and he actually sounded like a friend.

I'll put a message on my Facebook that I'm oly answering texts for now. I feel really dumb now. I thought honesty was meant to be best but they still making their own assumptions.

Thanks for all the support so far I look forward to meeting the big guns :)

Edited by STSmiley
typo

no txts either ...letters ONLY.

dx

and they

no txts either ...letters ONLY.

dx

Not WFS hun, my friends if they call me. Cause I only answered Welcome as it was a mobile number and not the normal office number/0845 that rings me all the time. They tricked me..... I fell for it ;)

welcome finance are extremely agressive, send the letter as already suggested.

My friend has had an equally horrible time with them and she has just had an operation, on maternity leave also.

You are not alone and from my own experiences people on here will help the best they can.

have you tried to scan in thae agreement taking out your personal details. Have you sent them a CCA request ?

have you tried to scan in thae agreement taking out your personal details. Have you sent them a CCA request ?

Nope not yet, I'm still at work so when I get home I'll get the WFS Folder and scan the agreement, in the morning. It's only a page long on white and green paper. What is a CCA?

I didn't take out any PPI I already read the horror stories and the cost was wayyyyy too high for only £2000 over 2 years. Any other loan I would have paid it back by now. I'm into paying the interest now. I took out the loan in October 2008.

Welcome to the welscum board your in safe hands here, start by scanning up your agreement and I'm sure someone will be along to check it for you, don't answer anymore calls from these poeple everything in writing.

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

Ok STS, glad to see you have a Welcome file, it is important that from now on you record all of this contact and attempted contact.

As a pregnant lady you are considered to be a vulnerable person, hence collection activity on this scale is completely violating the administration of justice act.

In your letter mention the mobile number and ask for confirmation that this is a company mobile phone, if it is the individuals phone then they could get the sack.

My advice to you is go straight to the FOS and raise a complaint, Read as much advice on here as possible and double check it, Welscum seem to be getting round anything that is thrown at them at the minute and they are chasing more than ever.

Smiley, lets stop being a victim of these bullies and start fighting back, you have received some exelent advise on this thread allready and I can see you have made the first step in asking for help on here so your in the right place.

As with anyone there is a point we do have to fight back and your now past that point, so turn your upset into excitement and go get em . . . hell hath no fury like a scorned woman expecially one with child. haha. . .

Ok first send this letter to both the branch and head office, it will cost a few pound extra but go for recorded delivery.

Welcome financial services

Compliance Department

Ruddington fields business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Re: Harassment by telephone and doorstep visits

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls and house visits that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls due my my vunerability in pregnancy this is deemed totally unacceptable and violating the administration of justice act.

I was contacted on the xxxx from the mobile number xxxxxxxxxx, can you please confirm this to be a company phone authorised to contact customers with the nessercery recording equiptment attatched, if not and is a private member of your staffs phone then please treat this as gross missconduct and I trust you will deal with this matter internally and send me the nessercery apology in writing.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep visit”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

It is unfortunate that I feel forced to send this letter due to the attitudes and continued missconduct from your employees that have previously contacted me and visited me at the above adress treating my family and myself with abusive behaviour, this will not be tolerated and will be reactivly dealt with by imediete contact of the police to enforce the law.

Please reply within 14 days to confirm you have removed my contact details from all your systems and informed my local branch accordingly.

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

You also asked what a CCA is, it is a request under the consumer credit act 1974 for a copy of your agreement that they have 14 working days to send once requested. costs a statue fee of one pound.

CCA

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77 to s.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

print ya name not sign and enclose one pound postal order, send it to head office (RECORDED DELIVERY) at :

Welcome financial services

Compliance Department

Ruddington fields business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

as DX advised no more phone - calls. . . . do not confirm password or engage in conversation. . . . post up here any correspondance for reply ...

Edited by ozzywizard

Smiley, leave sending letters till tomorrow giving others the chance to jump in and add or take away from my letter.. . I will re-read again later and see if I have any further ammendments also . . this way you get the best possible letter.

Thanks guy's I will scan everything in the morning. Just got home from dreaded parents evening so I've had a super stressful day but all your advice so far has really cheered me up.

Many Thanks :p

Hi St sorry to hear these sc*mbags are giving you hassle you have had some excellent advice here and I dont have anything to add bar if you feel its all getting on top of you take a little visit to CAB get them to do you a letter stating what you are willing and can afford to pay - the s*um love a CAB letter ;) Remain calm dont let them upset you - you have more important things to worry about like keeping you and the baby you are cooking healthy :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Good advice from Beyond CAB will help you especially in your condition as has already been mentioned you are classed as a "Vunerable person" and there are certain rules on collection that they have to meet.

Think of Oliver Twist, Head office is like Fagan and the Branch have all the little money grabbing pick pockets! :D

Ok Here are the documents I said I would upload.

Unfortunatly I didn't date the faxes I sent to Lizzie as I had confidence in her that she was actually trying to help and understand.

I can have them pull up a data sheet from the fax machine as evidence that i did send them to their office when the lady that does it is in the office. She is on holiday today. (I'm so glad I sent them from work)

Ok the first document in the PDF is the first agreement they sent me which I didn't sign and called them back as I had not asked or agreed to any PPI.

The second one is the agreement that I signed for my loan.

The last two letters is not a duplication they actually sent me that letter twice!!! So that's a nice easy £20 for them.

Also the letetr I sent asking for more time is saved as a PDF on my work PC, but I did sign he original. (I didn't know that I shouldn't sign)

This is all I have so far. I was saving all the voicemail she (Lizzie) left me but the network has discarded them and she filled up my inbox at home and I had to delete as I have relitives abroad that leave me messages and my mother complained that she couldn't leave voicemail. I honestly thought they where dealing with me in a respectful understanding way.

But from what the unkown chap that called me yesterday said Lizzie never said anything about my phone bill being part of a package thus why the cost was so high.:mad:

I'll keep track of all the calls from now on.

Many thanks

WFS_Correspondance.pdf

Edited by STSmiley
Spelling Mistakes

file is damaged will not open

dx

and they

Sorry to hear your predicament at the moment. Been through similar things. Get your letters off ASAP and as everyone else says don't give them any more info. I'll see how I can help.

Just to let you know, you left your name on one of the agreements you'va attached

working now

funny another doc on this site was corrupt too.

both work now

dx

and they