Parking Notice - Brookwood Railway Station - CP Plus Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all, I have now received my first solicitor letter. I have scanned, cleansed and posted the document here. Would you guys mind having a quick read and confirm I should be staying on course - i.e. ignoring!

Still slightly nervous about all of this but i believe in you guys....

Cheers

Z

Trethowans edited.jpg

Trethowans edited.zip

Hi all, I have now received my first solicitor letter. I have scanned, cleansed and posted the document here. Would you guys mind having a quick read and confirm I should be staying on course - i.e. ignoring!

Still slightly nervous about all of this but i believe in you guys....

Cheers

Z

I can't wait to get my solicitor's letter so I can ignore that and upset C P Plus more. I believe you've more chance of winning the lottery than getting taken to court by these cowboys. In fact, I'd rather buy 80 lottery tickets than hand over the cash to these muppets.

Note that they ask for details of the driver, if it wasn't you, so that they can transfer the charge. That is because any breach of contract is between the landowner and the driver... not the car owner. I believe that you have no legal responsibility to hand over that information to them so they have hit a dead end.

If they were trying to charge you under railway by-laws then I'm pretty sure that this would've been mentioned by them.

Keep up the good work of ignoring them.

Cheers

DJ67

'if it is your contention that you were not the driver at the time of the OFFENCE'.

What bloody offence are they talking about, and that is allegedly from solicitors, muppets.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I have also just received a 'parking charge notice (PCN') at Brookwood station for not displaying a valid ticket. I actually paid on the day via phone (for two days) but was given the wrong identification code by the staff at the station (forgot to make a note of it from the sign!). This resulted in me actually paying a premium for the day(s), i.e. 7 rather than 6 pounds, plus a 10p service charge. so 14.10 has been takem from my bank account. I found the penalty charge when I got back to my car and have started to write a letter of appeal.

Reading the helpful notes on the forum, the question I have is should I actually bother with the appeal letter or just ignore? I have after all paid, albeit for some other station!

Look forward to hearing from you guys,

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi - I just received a "Parking Charge Notice - PCN" at Brookwood.

I had a valid ticket, but I parked in the season ticket holders only area - didn't really notice it was season ticket holders - in the 5 years I've lived in the area I've always parked in the same place with no issues.

Anyhow - the ticket is for £80, with a discount (how generous) down to £50 if I pay up quickly. If I don't respond they'll use DVLA to get my details (and charge me an additional £40) and "will result in further action being taken".

As a previous poster stated - if it had been 25 quid or something I would've paid up without questioning, but £50 (plus the daily parking fee I'd paid already) is just ridiculous, let alone the £80 if I appeal it (and therefore fall outside of my 14 day window), or the £120 if they have to look up using DVLA.

I know from this thread the general advice is to ignore them - is that still the case? Is there anything I have to look out for which means I should actually pay them?

The reason code is "07 Parked in a Restricted Area"