Failure to attend Interview Under Caution.

davelee1097
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The investigation will continue and if they believe they have enough information to prosecute, they will go ahead with that. If they don't feel that there is enough information to prosecute but decide an overpayment is applicable based upon the weight of the evidence they will apply the overpayment.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

An arrest is usually only made for more serius frauds. If an interviewee fails to attend an overpayment is raised and the case then just goes for prosecution. If somebody has been interviewed they may (subject to certian criteria) be offered a formal caution or administrative penalty.

If it's you thinking of not attending or you are posting on behalf f someone else, then that person may wish to consult a legal adviser before making the decision to not attend. Usually an interviewee is given 3 chance to attend, probably the final letter being hand delivered.

An IUC is the first chance for someone suspected of an offence to give their account.

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

You could always attend and do "a comment" you a perfectly within your rights to do so.

I presume you mean "no comment". I was always taught everytime you hear those words, replace them in your mind with "I'm guilty".

The only people that say it obviously have something to hide.

There is absolutely NOTHING you can say in an interview that will benefit yourself. They will hope to get the missing piece of incriminating evidence from you. Tell them nothing, as with the police, Silence does not equate to guilt! We've been pre-programmed to accept that it does. think about it, the first thing a Police officer says to you when he arrests you is....

"You have the RIGHT to remain SILENT, anything you say CAN and WILL be USED AGAINST YOU in a court of law!" It's right there in Black & White!

you will receive a similar "caution" from them in this case, tell them nothing, you will more than likely only incriminate yourself.

this VIDEO explains why you should heed this advice.