Need help - have been conned

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Looking for some help and advise.

The basic story is - was made redundant last April with 3 CC's (totalling about £10k) and a bank loan (totalling about £17k) outstanding. Had no problem paying these whilst employed but found it impossible after redundancy.

Contacted the 3 CC's (Capital One, Sainsbury's and Natwest) and loan (Natwest) for help and a possible repayment plan, all of which were rejected.

Around July time I was contacted by represenatives of Kubic Investments Ltd on behalf of Frank Galler (there is a thread on him in the Debt Action Goup/Lega Issues forum). I paid him a total of £2,400 to 'clear' my debts.

It is now clear to me I have been conned (please no disparaging replies, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I was a fool).

Have been chased by various DCA's to pay my outstanding debts.

I really have no idea as to where I currently stand with any of my debts as Kubic Investments were handling my case. I scanned and emailed all letters from DCA's over to them and have no files myself.

Hope someone can offer me solid advice as to what to do.

Please ask if any more info is needed.

CB

Hi all,

Looking for some help and advise.

The basic story is - was made redundant last April with 3 CC's (totalling about £10k) and a bank loan (totalling about £17k) outstanding. Had no problem paying these whilst employed but found it impossible after redundancy.

Contacted the 3 CC's (Capital One, Sainsbury's and Natwest) and loan (Natwest) for help and a possible repayment plan, all of which were rejected.

Around July time I was contacted by represenatives of Kubic Investments Ltd on behalf of Frank Galler (there is a thread on him in the Debt Action Goup/Lega Issues forum). I paid him a total of £2,400 to 'clear' my debts.

It is now clear to me I have been conned (please no disparaging replies, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I was a fool).

Have been chased by various DCA's to pay my outstanding debts.

I really have no idea as to where I currently stand with any of my debts as Kubic Investments were handling my case. I scanned and emailed all letters from DCA's over to them and have no files myself.

Hope someone can offer me solid advice as to what to do.

Please ask if any more info is needed.

CB

You need professional advice.

Citizens Advice Bureau will work to get them to stop chasing you. Absolutely make an appointment.

Silly question, but do you have any large sums due in? If so, you should negotiate to settle with lenders. They may accept say £3k for a £10k debt.

You could also contact Payplan, just google them and get a debt management plan in place.

I would also contact a local debt advisor who is registered with your local chamber of commerce and find one who will provide professional advice. I am not qualified but if you have no other debts, it sounds as though a debt management plan would be the solution. Very easy to arrange although the fees monthly vary.

There may be some law firms who operate in your area who will start a DMP but also check out your agreements free for enforceability and negotiate settlement. There is one near Liverpool who do this. They do not charge you extra.

CAb is the first step to get the lenders off your back as this can be very stressful to deal with on a day to day basis.

Good luck, and you know what, you are not the only one taken in.