Help re Power 2 Power

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I have received a letter from Power 2 Power saying if I dont contact them within 72 hours they will call to recover £3600 debt to capital one credit card. Can they do this? or does anyone know what they say to me if I phone them. This debt is being paid monthly through a debt management plan. I don't know what I should do very worried.:mad:

Send the threatogramme to your DMC they should deal with it. If they don't or can't then serious thought should be given to your DMC and whether they are really worth paying considering they purport to stop all this nonsense.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Firstly, you will need to send them a Consumer Credit Agreement CCA Request, the letter template can be found in the Debt Collection Library, you will need to get a Postal Order for £1 and send the letter to whoever is chasing you recorded delivery, keep the receipt & do not sign the letter. They have 12 + 2 working days to come up with an enforceable agreement, if they fail then you then send them the Account In Dispute letter, also recorded (do not sign). If you get anything post it up minus your vitals so that the experts can have a look at what if anything they send.

Also can you tell us when the account was taken out please?

Take a look at the Doorstep letter in the library also, send this too. If...IF anyone turns up they have no legal rights whatso ever to demand anything from you, just tell them to leave in words of your choice as they will be trespassing, if they refuse you call the police.

As for telephone calls, just refuse to go through the security questions & put the phone down or tell them to get lost & put the phone down.

do not under any circumstances phone these cretins...send letters only...these clowns have no rights and if they do come to the door simply tell them to bu**er off...they have no legal standing at all....if they will not leave ring police tell them you have a trespasser on your property and their could be a breach of the peace....

Hi Metalstar,

I assume you mean Power 2 Contact?

Don't worry, if they do call they will just give you a card to call Debitas. My OH answered the door so sent them away with a flea in their ear (but it was five past eight in the morning!) and they had called the day before at around half ten in the morning.

I just sent the doorstep letter from the library on here and they have not been back since.

If you can give some background details, others will come along and offer advice but you will find many Cap 1 threads on here to give you an insight to how they work.

Firstly, you will need to send them a Consumer Credit Agreement CCA Request

The OP is already in a DMP so they will not take to kindly to doing what they should have done in the first instance, which is why DMC's should be researched thoroughly before resorting to their use.

If you intend sending a CCA request, then you would need to send this DMC packing, are they one of the free DMC's?

If your not prepared to go it alone, then send the DMC the letters you have received and let them deal with it, after all this is what they purport to be in business of doing!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!