Creditor objected to the instalment order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been thinking of getting a saturday job because if i can increase my payments to £100 per month, i should clear the debt in 4 years.

i thought i can only get the charging order set aside when i have paid off the ccj. is that the case?

i have been thinking of getting a saturday job because if i can increase my payments to £100 per month, i should clear the debt in 4 years.

i thought i can only get the charging order set aside when i have paid off the ccj. is that the case?

No, you will need to set aside the judgment and remove the charging order at the same time.

Looks like I'm wrong. This is what sequenci of the site team has to say on the subject.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meursault22 viewpost.gif

The Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 removes this restriction and enables access to charging orders in circumstances where a debtor is not yet in arrears with an installment order."

This didn't become law, it was removed from the act in the end :-)

I was also under the impression that this did not become law?

Hey ganymede, after much digging, we concluded in a different thread unfortunately and not this one, that it was present in the act, it just wasn't made active unfortunately.

ATF, file the witness statement today with the Court!

Ok, so you are a few days short ;) but fax the W/S to the other side as well so they are aware of it. Don't forget your statement of truth.

Worst comes to worst, you get belittled and the w/s is not accepted, but the best scenario is that it is accepted.

• 5 months later...

I Know this is an old post but still valid.

I had a similar issue so i did some research. I think we may have had the same district judge from the south of England. In fact in 99.9% of the cases this judge awards charging orders regardless of the details of the case and it normally only takes him 10minutes.

He has been made known to the Ministry of Justice. Unfortunately their is nothing you can do about his decision but pay back the ammount owed to discharge the order. I would write to the ministry of justice any way. Only if enough people speak up will this end.Alternatively any one who gets Judge James may as well pack their bags and go live in the streets.

Sorry for the bad news.:mad2:

• 9 months later...

I have a CCJ and a charging order on a debt I have. The condition on the CO/CCJ was that I pay £65/month. Unfortunately I lost my job in August and I haven't made a payment since then.

This morning I received a letter from the creditor saying that if I didn't pay the debt in full, I would be made bankrupt. As I am back at work now I am getting paid at the end of the month. I can clear the payments I have missed to bring me up to date.

My concern is can I still be made bankrupt even if I clear the missed payments? Can I be made bankrupt over a secured debt since the CCJ is subject to a CO? Does the creditor have to go back to court to vary the order before trying any other enforcement options?

I think the creditor does have to go back to court to enforce the judgment. I will flag your thread for the site team.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

watchout for charges

remember

they CANNOT add ANYTHING to the debt listed on the CCJ/CO.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It has been suggested you ask for a redetermination .. have the amount reassessed again. I dont know how you do this.. so will ask..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks. I am planning on paying for the 3 months I have missed. Should they still decide to proceed with the bankruptcy petition I will try to argue that the CCJ/CO is up to date. They hold security against the debt.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Something else, according to my calculations the debt should be around £4k but in the letter I received they are asking for just under £7k. Can they add other charges other than interest to the debt? Charges e.g. debt recovery costs?

dx100uk said:
watchout for charges

remember

they CANNOT add ANYTHING to the debt listed on the CCJ/CO.

dx

According to my calculations the debt should be around £4k but in the letter I received they are asking for just under £7k. How do I fight against these extra charges?

I would also dispute the figure.

What was the value of the CCJ ? That is the amount you have been ordered to pay... that is the amount you pay ?

BCOBS

Yes, it's an application to vary the judgement, the fee is £40. However, he might try writing to them first and explaining the situation with his offer to clear the missed payments now he has a job

paperclip.png Attached Files

One of the site team has given me the information above for you.

HTH.

BCOBS