cityredgirl v Welcome Finance

cityredgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you all think you have the "RIGHT" to frozen interest???

I don't think anyone referred to it as a 'right'. However, in most cases, it is in the interests of debtor and creditor for interest to be frozen or significantly reduced. If interest is so high relative to the payment then the debtor will soon lose heart in paying off the debt. So no-one gains in the long-term with an attitude of 'we owe you nothing.'

The company has done more than it should of by freezing your interest and reducing your payments - no high street lender would do this.

Yes, they would.

You are all quick to take the money but when it comes to paying it back you start moaning you are being robbed!

My experience of most people on this forum is that most want to pay the debt but Welcome's business practices are so vague, unfair and punitive in terms of charges, insurances, interests, fees, etc. that most people have paid the debt and more back but still have outstanding balances. People have little choice but to retaliate.

In my experience of many creditors, Welcome operate a policy of deliberate obfuscation and it is this which frustrates and infuriates customers. WFS had a good business model once upon a time and they screwed it up. Their fault, no-one else's.

• Haha 2

Hi

The company has done more than it should of by freezing your interest and reducing your payments - no high street lender would do this.

You are all quick to take the money but when it comes to paying it back you start moaning you are being robbed!

Get a grip!!!!

As for harrassment - I suggest you take a look at The Admininstration of Justice Act Section 40 - I doubt you have any griunds for harrassment!

I havent seen anyone state they have the RIGHT to frozen interest??

Most high street lenders will freeze interest if its in their interests, I can vouch that Lloyds will.

Most people have paid double what they borrowed and still have an extortionate balance is that not unfair? especially when made up of 'ad hoc' and excessive charges?

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I do agree that some people jump on the bandwagon but these people dont tend to be on forums like this researching how they can exercise their rights and what those rights are they are the ones that refuse to pay the whole time and then shout about it

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

That does not surprise me at all!

Hi

Get a grip!!!!

As for harrassment - I suggest you take a look at The Admininstration of Justice Act Section 40 - I doubt you have any griunds for harrassment!

And what gives you the right to charge 10 pounds for a phone call to just harress your customers who generally can not pay.No one is moaning about paying the money back they just dont want to end up paying about 10 grand for a 3 grand loan.

In genuine cases I do sympathise with customers, but I have to say a lot of people jump on the bandwagon for the ride -these are the people I get very annoyed with.

Lets say I understand this statement, then why do you jump on a forum and automatically judge the real people that make a post on here out of desperation . . . . . Fro the posts you have made so far you have shown no sympathy or empaphy . . . . why do you not try helping somone and you have my word it will make you feel better . . . . or are you seriously not capable of that ?

Hi

Get a grip!!!!

Excuse ME! Who the heck do you think you are? Do you Know my personal circumstances? Do you know WHY they froze the interest in the first place? Do you Know why they want to put interest back onto the account? Do you know the reason's why i have paid back nearly £4000 with another £1,200 left to pay for a £2000 Loan? From 5 years ago? Do you know why Most WFS Employees are Rude, Ignorant, Smarmy gits who haven't got an ounce of empathy in their bones. So instead of coming on here with constructive advice and insider knowledge you choose to slag and belittle people off. You are just one of the reason's why customers are so dissatisfied with WFS.

An update : I have recieved this letter this morning

Dear Miss ...........

Thank you for your letter recieved on the 23 February 2010 making a subject access request. We acknowledge reciept of the £11.00 processing fee and are pleased to inform you that your request is being processed. If you have any further queries , please do not hesitate to contact me at the above address,

Yours sincerely

Hayley Lowe

Customer Complaints Departments

CRG, well said on your last post exactly right , but dont ever give them the satisfaction of getting you down.

That letter of confirmation is good as it proves received so they have to comply aothough only 10 pounds is for your SAR the other pound is your CCA but hey like I said at least they cant claim not received.

Hi

Get a grip!!!!

Sorry I`ve only Just seen this and I`ve got to go out again.

PLEASE Stay Around for a While EX WFS Employee. We can have A Chat then My Friend.

For everyone Else, a question. Who Is THIS *RICK ( worth being Cagbotted if it gets the Message over)????? T:-xSSER.

Cheers I LOVE You ALL, MARK

Hi, sorry if someone has already said this, but you have been paying PPI on the loan why can't you claim on it as you haven't been well?

As the the Ex employee - don't judge people without knowing the facts and how does it feel to be so perfect? People like you need a have a good look at yourself. One day (and hopefully soon) you may need some advice on a matter.

JJ

Hi, sorry if someone has already said this, but you have been paying PPI on the loan why can't you claim on it as you haven't been well?

As the the Ex employee - don't judge people without knowing the facts and how does it feel to be so perfect? People like you need a have a good look at yourself. One day (and hopefully soon) you may need some advice on a matter.

JJ

Hya Just-jue, How would i got about this and proof etc,At the time i was clinically depressed and Was on Anti depressents and having therapyand i also had a overdose.So would i just ask my GP for a letter of confirmation?My boss (I work for a mental health service provider) Reckons i will have astrong chanceof getting alot of money back due to me being unewell at the time.Thanks if anybody could advise me on this subject. x

Hya Just-jue, How would i got about this and proof etc,At the time i was clinically depressed and Was on Anti depressents and having therapyand i also had a overdose.So would i just ask my GP for a letter of confirmation?My boss (I work for a mental health service provider) Reckons i will have astrong chanceof getting alot of money back due to me being unewell at the time.Thanks if anybody could advise me on this subject. x

You would need to contact direct group on 0844 412 4100 or visit:

Direct Group - Contact Us

I would be wary on this though:

Firstly if you call up just ask general questions, insurers don't generally cover depression so just ask if they do. If they did and you claimed you would fill in a form and this would give them permission to contact your doctor. AT THIS STAGE DO NOT REVEAL WHO YOU ARE!

Secondly, the reason for not revealing who you are is that if you later claim for misselling of PPI, Welcome will use this as a reason to not pay you back. They will point out that as you claimed, you needed the cover, knew you had it and wanted the cover so were not misled - BE VERY CAREFUL therefore.

Hi guys ive been reading through lots and lots of the Threads on here and Boy does it give me food for thought, especially when i was thinking it was just me who was unsatisfied with Welcome. The info regarding my aco**** is on the Welcome UNfreezing interest thread. Now at this pont in time my aco**** is £1,200 owing after 5 years and originally borrowing "2,000. I pay £50 per month direct debit and i have sent the SAR to Welcome and they have wrote back to acknowledge this. Do i have a case to reclaim the Missold PPi and Homecare/Life care Charges they put on my account or will they try and bamboozle me with T&C's etc . Oubviously when i recieve all of my CCA back form welcome we can have a proper look through it, Im just a bit Daunted by the battle ahead. ANy advice would be great Thank you :)

Hi guys ive been reading through lots and lots of the Threads on here and Boy does it give me food for thought, especially when i was thinking it was just me who was unsatisfied with Welcome. The info regarding my aco**** is on the Welcome UNfreezing interest thread. Now at this pont in time my aco**** is £1,200 owing after 5 years and originally borrowing "2,000. I pay £50 per month direct debit and i have sent the SAR to Welcome and they have wrote back to acknowledge this. Do i have a case to reclaim the Missold PPi and Homecare/Life care Charges they put on my account or will they try and bamboozle me with T&C's etc . Oubviously when i recieve all of my CCA back form welcome we can have a proper look through it, Im just a bit Daunted by the battle ahead. ANy advice would be great Thank you :)

Cityred, posted on your other post before, I would say that if you feel that you were missold the ppi and other insurances, either because you did not understand the products, where told that they needed you to have this to get the loan to go through then of course you have a case for a claim.

You are exactly right in saying though, wait for your SAR and CCA back and it will lead to people on here being best placed to assist..

The biggest lesson I have learned from this site is that Welcome play very dirty but are more often than not caught out! If you think that complaining to Welcome and their resultant repsonses are more like steps on your journey to justice as opposed to the final destination then you will be fine.

From memory they have already provided you with good enough grounds for a formal complaint but you might as well hit them with everything once you have all of the relevant information in hand, it will hurt them more!

Hi guys having trouble here cant get my paperwork up on the computer :(

On the copy of my Loan Agreement it states

Amount of New cash Advanced £2000

Medicare 24 £0.00

Lifecare 24 £175.00

Optional Payment Protection insurance £733.76

Amount of Credit (a+b+c+d+e+f+g+h) £3033.76

Acceptance Fee £75.00

Total Amount of Loan(i+j)= £3108.76

Amount of each monthly payment(the first to be paid one month after the date of this agreement and then on the same date everymonth after that) £142.39

In calculating the Annual percentage rate, No account has been taken of any variation in the rate of interest 45.3%

Rate of Interest(Variable in accordance with clause 1(b) overleaf 3% a month

Estimated Repayment period 36months

This has been signed by myself on the 11/02/05

Where do i go from here? xx

The total loan amount will be a few things added together not just the 2k you asked for

If you can get the agreement onto computer but not onto here edit personal details off and pm one of us for email address and we can upload it for you :)