tescos withholding no claims bonus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i need some advise to find out where i stand.

i took out a car insurance policy with tesco and a few weeks after i lost my job so funds were tight, i missed the first 2 payments and they started bugging me for money. i set up a direct debit to clear the funds but then cancelled it before they took payment as again i didnt have the funds. i called them a few days later to pay by debit card and was told i had already paid by direct debit, i asked for proof of payment and they posted it to me. a few days later they sent another letter saying that they hadnt been paid and they cancelled my insurance. they are saying i have to pay them £509 for the entire years insurance when i was only insured for 10 weeks (no claims were made) and untill they receive full payment they will not give me my proof of no claims that i earned with another insurer. im confused as they have never chased me for the money apart from the initial letter. can they do this?

im willing to pay for the insurance i used or pay for the full year if they insure me for the other 42 weeks but they dont seem to be interested.

sorry for the long post but i need help :(

thanks, pete

when they told you your DD had been paid it is possible it had not been rejected by your bank as it can take upto 10 days.

as for them asking for the full premium I would ask for a cancellation breakdown as the only time they would ask for the full premium is when there has been a claim submitted.

if there is money o.s they can withhold the ncdcc

im willing to pay for the insurance i used or pay for the full year if they insure me for the other 42 weeks but they dont seem to be interested.

You need to enter into the Tesco Car Insurance complaints procedure. Write to them or phone and ask to be put throught to customer relation. Ask to register a complaint.

What I suspect they will do, is calculate the premium for the 10 weeks you were with them which will be based on short term rates, add on any cancellation charge and then provide you with a full breakdown of this. If you paid this amount, then they will release the no claims proof.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...