CCJ that has been sold

Allwood
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does not matter if the person was ill and they can prove it then it has a possibility of being set aside especially as she did not understand.

I don't think anyone would wear it personally, but it's up to Allwood if he fancies having a go. He won't get 10 years worth of payments back though, so I don't really see the point.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well no la not say Allwood will but i am highlighting the fact that these ppl pray on ppl and l know that a person l know has recently had all cases thrown out of our local courts as due to mental health prolems and the dcas preying on him like they are know for and the companys doing this that his credit file has been wiped clean and it has been ordered he pays nothing back.

A very well known credit card company C1 increased his debt borrowing way beyond his means and when they took him to court they were asking for over £100 a month for his debt to be paid back he is a manic depressive and thanks to a judge C1 have been told where to go. I have helped him with other stuff like the catalogue and other overdue bills like his water rates. As so as it was heard that they were taking advantage of him in mental health proffessionals eyes the judge turn round and struck the case out saying to C1 dca that he was appalled by the way they had treated him and asresult the were getting nothing.

Yes he had a worker but he would hid things from her and refused to talk to her about stuff he need the most help with as he was ashamed. It was only by chance that l found out and helped.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Sent letter off today by recorded delivery to HL copy it to Intrum Justitia – thanks for all your help PriorityOne.

GM my partners says that she put on the correspondence that she received from m the court 10 years ago that she was ill but not mental illness i.e., depression. Does the courts stores documentation that they received from the public or is it destroyed after say 6 years?

On looking through the correspondence I note that these people did not really know much about the CCJ, but they must have been aware that there was one, there was no Claim number on any of their correspondence.

My partner was confused by the contents of the letter therefore she forwarded it to the court for clarification. The court wrote back asking for personal details such as claim number etc. My partners sent the court this information.

Next she got the letter posted above from SDFS this letter was very confusing as she was not made aware of any assignment in 2007.

After that she got a letter from Credit Account Management enclosing a spurious list of accounts in relation to the CCJ account, which did not relate whatsoever to my partners balance, these people also advised that she should make payments to a company in Liverpool.

5 different companies and thet seem to be intertwined and all 5 chasing a 10 yr old CCJ.

Edited by Allwood

• 1 month later...

My partner had no response from this company since last letter sent to them in February and today another HL Legal Solicitors has been received saying that in Big Caps Bold that the account is seriously overdue and to avoid court action to contact them by phone.

My partner wrote to them in February recorded delivery asking them for information such as there was no authority from the court that they had the legal right to collect the CCJ payments but each letter sent to the HL asking for information they just ignored it and gthe just keep sending out harassment letter.

My partner has now decided to collect all certificate of postings and the last recorded letter sent to them and write another to them asking again for proof from the court that they surly must have to collect this CCJ money. Also I think the letter should say that they should cease writting any more more letters until they supply proof from the court that they have the legal right to collect this money.

Is there anything that can be done other than writing to HL to get them to supply evidence that any authority to collect the CCJ money, I now feel that they have no legal authority to collect this money and they are just blagging it.:mad:

Edited by Allwood

This is likely to turn into letter ping-pong now. They have no proof of any CCJ (IMO) or you would have received it by now. They are threatening court in the hope that it will un-nerve you into paying them. If they did take you to court however (unlikely), then the court would expect to see the same info. that you've been asking for.... and they've been ignoring.

I would write back one last time (by rec. deivery), refer them to your previous correspondence in the matter and point out that if they do decide to proceed with court action as their continual threats imply, that it will be vigorously defended, treated as unlawful and vexatious and.... that you will not be corresponding further until/unless they provide the information you requested months ago.

:)

Thanks again PriorityOne, I will do a letter for my partner over the weekend and let you know the outcome. They did not know about the CCJ until the original correspondence was to the court from Intrum Juistia to find out what was going on. My partner had to write to the court as Intrum Jusitia letter came out of the blue. My partner was not aware that a CCJ could be sold on. The court wrote back asking for reference etc. This was sent to the court and I think that is how they got to know about the CCJ. Court wrote back to my partner saying that nothing has changed and was to continue paying GBP, which they keep it like that for a year paying GPB and they continued to sending my partner a paying in booklet. When HL Collectioin solicitors took over they would not supply a paying in book and said that they would only keep the original agreement for 3 months, I feel like you they have just ignored all requests for information to confirmed that they have the right to collect this money but all request have been ignored by them to send any details. Does it mean that they should be in possession of the CCJ and that is how they have the right to collect ot authorisation from the court to collect payments.

Edited by Allwood

Does it mean that they should be in possession of the CCJ and that is how they have the right to collect ot authorisation from the court to collect payments.

I doubt they have any info. on the CCJ at all.... otherwise you would have received what you asked for. The ball will now be in their court to have it re-enforced through the court.... but as they appear to have bought this account without the relevant paperwork, it's unlikely that there'll do more than issue threats.

See what happens with your next letter....

:)