Wrong PCN ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

On 05/02/10, I was issued a Penalty Charge Notice for £100 in Enfield London.

I was visiting the Enfield Registrar's Office to register my baby's birth (in Gentleman's Row, EN2), and looked for a free parking bay. Unfortunately after driving for about 15 minutes in the locality, I could not find a free spot. The pay and display bays in front of the office can accomodate about 4-5 cars, but because of the wrong parking, only had 3 cars at the moment. Basically wasting 2 cars' spaces in between them.

Forced by this, I parked my car on an adjacent Resident's Parking Bay (loads of free space everywhere) without a valid ticket.

Unfortunately, for me the traffic warden issued me a ticket with code 12r,

Parked in a residents or shared use parking place or zone without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place.
The PCN strikes me as, clearly there was no space about, and I did make a genuine effort to search for a pay and display parking bay, there was only space for 4-5 cars in the area, and the rest were all resident permit bays (more than 10 spaces with only 1 car parked at that time).

I can pay £50 within 14 days and am also allowed appeal until 18/02 (14 days).

I am now looking to appeal against this PCN. How should I go about this ?

Edited by bym007
More Understandable

what can you appeal against?

The PCN strikes me as, clearly there was no space about, and I did make a genuine effort to search for a pay and display parking bay, there was only space for 4-5 cars in the area, and the rest were all resident permit bays (more than 10 spaces with only 1 car parked at that time).

is not an excuse.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

not sure p'haps scan the ticket up but remove pers info first, there might be an error but i doubt it.

have a read of a few threads here might help.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi There , I Recently Had A Ticket Null And Voided As I Took Loads Of Photos Of Cars Over Said Bay Lines, Also The Issuing Officer Did Not Sign His Ticket And Another Fact Was He Wrote My Car A Brown When It Is Clearly Red ..not Sure If You Took Any Photos Or Anything Like My Situation But You Need To Appeal The Ticket Befor You Pay The £50 Plus Also Send It Recorded/signed For And Keep Copies , At Least If You Lose You Will Gain A Little Extra Time To Pay

this is not an issue of cars being over lines.

dx

and they

There are all sorts of reasons why you may be able to contest the PCN. Sadly , the real one-that the Council deliberately create less parking places than there are cars to fill the spaces is not one of them.

You would need to post up your PCN as dx100uk rightly said. Thereafter you may need to look at the current TROs for where you were parked. Are the regs. valid; is the signage correct, are the road markings correct.

Short of technicalities arising from an examination of the PCN, your grounds of appeal will be mitigating circumstances.

Write a letter, clear and polite, explaining the unfortunate circumstances and the need for you to attend that building, and your regret at having to take a resi bay for a short time, and you may get a discretionary cancellation.

In any case, do it within 28 days and they should hold the discounted rate open, if they reject your appeal.

Before that, if poss, post the PCN on here with identifying info blanked out.

I cannot find the case now, but I remember that Enfield has already lost a case

last year, i think, because the facility to make representations should be to the Council itself and not a third party.

Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable on the site will be able to confirm.

I cannot find the case now, but I remember that Enfield has already lost a case

last year, i think, because the facility to make representations should be to the Council itself and not a third party.

Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable on the site will be able to confirm.

I will get searching myself. In the meantime, if more knowledgable people can come forward, I will be glad!

No it wasn't on this site, but I found it when "googling" something else. It did go to Patas and the ticket was found to be unenforceable.

You could either find the Act that governs parking and see what it states about

making representations, or try looking at enfield invalid pcns or something and see if the website is included.

Perhaps a visit to Pepipoo and ask there might give you an answer too.