Paragon writing to workplace

sonic140
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got two letters from Paragon today. It was addressed to me at my workplace. It was for a very old debt (over 6 yrs). They have said they are charging me for each letter and will continue to contact me. They wrote to my previous address and my ex told them I hadnt lived there for years. Should I ignore it or contact them. My employer migt start to ask questions and they dont approve of receiving private mail. Its also very embarrassing. Any advise please:confused:

Is the debt statute barred? has there been a period of at least six years since you last made a payment or written acknowledgement against the debt?

If so, make a formal complaint to OFT and Trading Standards as what they are doing is blatantly in breach of guidelines.

You may also wish to utilise the CSA own complaints procedure (nowt to do with child maintainance) rather their own little club) use their complaints procedure as they keep insisting it is an effective way of getting parasites like this to stop breaking the law. Codes & Standards

Send them this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

If they continue to prursue complain to your local Trading Standards and the OFT because the will be in breach of OFT guidelines.

Hi there

it's not actually Statute Barred until April so I'd ignore everything until after that date.

Don't acknowledge anything as this might change the Statute Barred date since I think (a lawyer will have to correct me on this) the date a debt can be SB'd from is 6 years (5 in Scotland) from the date you last ACKNOWLEDGED the debt.

If this advice is wrong - excuse but it seems to me with only around 6 or so weeks to go before its SB'd just let sleeping dogs lie.

Even if they go the CCJ route it would take time and even after they've got all the paperwork correctly you still have 28 days (4 weeks) to file a defence -- so if they haven't done anything in the next 14 or so days -- GAME OVER.

After it's SB'd then you can really have fun with the DCA's --I'd just hold your horses till then and THEN let rip.

Cheers

jimbo

just

checked old bank statements. Last payment made april 4 2004. should i just ignore til april or still send off complaint.

That's explains their desperation then!!!

They're in the last chance saloon:-o

David