Really need advice re: water bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved in to my previous home in July '08 and lived there for 11 months without any water bills or contact from the water company. In the first flat I lived before I moved here, I did not received any water bill, but soon realised the water bill was in the landlord's name.

Now I have left this house I stayed for 11 months. 7 months after I have left, I just received a letter from 1st Credit asking if I was the one that lived at the previous address, and asked I get in touch with them, or after 10 days it will be assumed I am the one they are looking for. I have not rung them yet, but my gut feeling tells me it probably has to do with the water bill in my last house. Can someone advise what steps I need to take to deal with this? Was I at a fault not to have paid, or were they wrong not to have contacted me for 11 months while I was still leaving there?

Cheers

my view on this would be that it is your reposnisibility to inform the water board of your residence at the property so that they can bill you - bills are normally only sent either six monthly or annually.

In recognition of this though, i would have thought they would be willing to set a reasonably flexible payment arrangement

I would be inclined to wait and see what they send next.

It is up to you if you contact them but the golden rule is 'NEVER SPEAK TO A DCA ON THE PHONE'