Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi malchus

just a quick one i understand what you say i fell into the trap thinking we could sue them however as far as BPF are concerned they have provided us with an alternative training provider therefore they are keeping their end of the bargain

I am going to be contacting BPF and FOS by phone throughout the day pester them like they have been pestering us I WANT ANSWERS and i have a few tricks up my sleeves to play i will let you all now this evening the outcome

Hausfelds have received a holding reply to their last letter from Lovells now, and expect a full reply after Xmas about all the points they've challenged on.

I've also had the go ahead to write officially as group rep to the OFT, FSA, and Education Minister now from Hausfeld so that's my Xmas break sorted out! :ranger:

Edited by IdaInFife

Hausfeld have received a holding reply to their last letter from Lovells now, and expect a full reply after Xmas about all the points they've challenged on.

I've also had the go ahead to write officially as group rep to the OFT, FSA, and Education Minister now from Hausfeld so that's my Xmas break sorted out! :ranger:

do you need any help??

Edited by IdaInFife

hi malchus

just a quick one i understand what you say i fell into the trap thinking we could sue them however as far as BPF are concerned they have provided us with an alternative training provider therefore they are keeping their end of the bargain

I am going to be contacting BPF and FOS by phone throughout the day pester them like they have been pestering us I WANT ANSWERS and i have a few tricks up my sleeves to play i will let you all now this evening the outcome

Hi! In the contract I couldn't find Barclays can keep their end of the bargain by any means they can think of. It doesn't say: if the Provider fails to provide then we have the right to find you another Provider but it says if the Provider fails we can sue us and I put my signature only for what the contract says. There will always be another Provider and if there wasn't I thing Barclays would create themselves a Provider ("The best Bank, The only Bank in the world that besides banking provides IT courses, our staff are specifically dual trained). Maybe I exagerate but I hope my point is clear. I signed a paper on which says: Retailer name : Advent Consulting Ltd

Hausfeld have received a holding reply to their last letter from Lovells now, and expect a full reply after Xmas about all the points they've challenged on.

I would say I am eager to hear the full response to Hausfeld letter but I imagine its all swings and roundabouts from Lovells.

Edited by IdaInFife

I would say I am eager to hear the full response to Hausfeld letter but I imagine its all swings and roundabouts from Lovells.

if my letter from barclays last week is anything to go by it will be full of all the points we raise and then the answer will be.. its all irrelevant, we dont owe you anything, just keep paying us or else!!

Edited by IdaInFife

do you need any help??

Thanks for the offer, 10pack, that's much appreciated - should be OK though. I've had a draft sitting by ready for when Ingrid gave me the go ahead to go to this stage and ramp up the pressure on Barclays so I just need to adapt it including some of Hausfeld latest letter now.

Ingrid did say it had to come from the group, rather than just me, and suggested I ask two or three of you to give permission just to add your names at the bottom as representatives of the group action, so I'll do that.edited. It won't need a signature.

Ingrid will give it a look over but as Hausfeld are not the clients/consumers (we are) they can't write to these bodies for us initially. I've got recommended names to write to at OFT etc and suggestion for angles to take with the minister (particular emphasis on lack of regulation on loans for private training companies and legal protection for consumers with banks lending on this at exorbitant business rates).

Please do let me know though if you're ok to be named as part of the group in the letter. Thanks v much. :thumb:

Edited by IdaInFife
email removed

Thanks for the offer, 10pack, that's much appreciated - should be OK though. I've had a draft sitting by ready for when Ingrid gave me the go ahead to go to this stage and ramp up the pressure on Barclays so I just need to adapt it including some of Hausfeld latest letter now.

Ingrid did say it had to come from the group, rather than just me, and suggested I ask two or three of you to give permission just to add your names at the bottom as representatives of the group action, so I'll do that. edited. It won't need a signature.

Ingrid will give it a look over but as Hausfeld are not the clients/consumers (we are) they can't write to these bodies for us initially. I've got recommended names to write to at OFT etc and suggestion for angles to take with the minister (particular emphasis on lack of regulation on loans for private training companies and legal protection for consumers with banks lending on this at exorbitant business rates).

Please do let me know though if you're ok to be named as part of the group in the letter. Thanks v much. :thumb:

count me on to go on that list..I would be a good example..I have been out of work for the past year and half

advent knew I was out of work, told me that since they could place me in a job within 3 months training because I was not working.. I could then be able to pay back the loan when I had started.

I had no training, my loan with BPF started on 15th December 2009, I was out of the country over the next weeks arrived back on 18th January 2010 waited for instructions from advent and all I found was that email from them.. which arrived in my spam box.. lucky I thought to check my spam barclays did not write to tell me what was happening at that time.. missed me because I was new customer.

by the way had a long letter from barclays last week with many points of dispute.. and my point about being given a loan despite being out of work.. they answered that said it was up to me to make sure I was able to pay back any loans I take out??

what bank would give out a loan without first checking to see if you have the means to repay it??

Edited by IdaInFife
email removed

what bank would give out a loan without first checking to see if you have the means to repay it??

I hope you have raised this with the FSA and FOS - Its against the regulated Banking guidlines [and possibly the law]. FSA and FOS would investigate the quote in the BPF letter. Those silly little throw away arrogant remarks from a BPF worker getting above his station could cost BPF a level 4 fine.

I hope you have raised this with the FSA and FOS - Its against the regulated Banking guidlines [and possibly the law]. FSA and FOS would investigate the quote in the BPF letter. Those silly little throw away arrogant remarks from a BPF worker getting above his station could cost BPF a level 4 fine.

I have not yet written to anyone except barclays.. though I am making a list of the organisations I will be complaining to.. see my earlier post about that letter I received.

and yes i agree with you that remark seems to me to be a mistake to have put in writing and will come in useful.

do you know how much is a level 4 fine worth? and how many levels are there??

count me on to go on that list..I would be a good example..I have been out of work for the past year and half

advent knew I was out of work, told me that since they could place me in a job within 3 months training because I was not working.. I could then be able to pay back the loan when I had started.

I had no training, my loan with BPF started on 15th December 2009, I was out of the country over the next weeks arrived back on 18th January 2010 waited for instructions from advent and all I found was that email from them.. which arrived in my spam box.. lucky I thought to check my spam barclays did not write to tell me what was happening at that time.. missed me because I was new customer.

by the way had a long letter from barclays last week with many points of dispute.. and my point about being given a loan despite being out of work.. they answered that said it was up to me to make sure I was able to pay back any loans I take out??

Thanks 10pack - if you forward me your details I'll add to the letter as you would be a good example for BPF loans being mis-sold. There are quite of few people I know who were signed up and approved by Barclays despite being unemployed/no previous IT experience/guarantors elderly parents etc....

I'm determined to do all I can to see this bank burn for what its done now and if a minister and head of OFT and FSA takes a hard look maybe that will help our case if they get on BPF's back with some sharp questions - that's what I'm hoping anyway.

Thanks 10pack - if you forward me your details I'll add to the letter as you would be a good example for BPF loans being mis-sold. There are quite of few people I know who were signed up and approved by Barclays despite being unemployed/no previous IT experience/guarantors elderly parents etc....

I'm determined to do all I can to see this bank burn for what its done now and if a minister and head of OFT and FSA takes a hard look maybe that will help our case if they get on BPF's back with some sharp questions - that's what I'm hoping anyway.

I have emailed you my details plus some other things about my financial situation

Thanks for the offer, 10pack, that's much appreciated - should be OK though. I've had a draft sitting by ready for when Ingrid gave me the go ahead to go to this stage and ramp up the pressure on Barclays so I just need to adapt it including some of hausfeld latest letter now.

Ingrid did say it had to come from the group, rather than just me, and suggested I ask two or three of you to give permission just to add your names at the bottom as representatives of the group action, so I'll do that.edited. It won't need a signature.

Ingrid will give it a look over but as hausfeld are not the clients/consumers (we are) they can't write to these bodies for us initially. I've got recommended names to write to at OFT etc and suggestion for angles to take with the minister (particular emphasis on lack of regulation on loans for private training companies and legal protection for consumers with banks lending on this at exorbitant business rates).

Hi Fuzz,

You can count me in as well please feel free to use my details. Thanks for everything you're doing. You're a star

I've not heard a thing from BPF for months now no calls from them or their henchmen.

There are 6 late payments on my Dad's credit report , I have sent a notice of correction for him.

I've been keeping an eye here for developments and like everyone just waiting letting things develop.

To anyone who is being hounded by debt collectors don't worry, I have been too but seems they exhaust their abilities and now are not even bothering. It was only scare tactics to see how many of us they could frighten into paying. Their lack of progressing any of us to court is an indication that they may not be as right as they think they are and they know it

How did Aaron get on with his wee group case anyone heard anything? Hope it went ok for them.

Edited by IdaInFife
email removed

Good evening,

First of all I'd like to say thank you to Fuzzbutt and lowdown for their helpful reply to my post last week.

10pack, I've received a very similar letter to yours from BPF where they just list all the problems in a letter which you have arised to them.....well I don't want to hear it all back,I know what my problem is as everyone else here! There's not much they can say,but they have to fll in the paper somehow.It's just an easy option,also they just want to make you feel like an idiot.All of their letters are very ignorant,so I will play the same cards as they do.I'v changed my contact detsails,I won't let them make my life miserable,they don't care about us than why should we care about them?Just be ignorant,copy their manner,and hopefully that won't stress you out so much.

I don't know what to do next,I've sent a few details to hausfeld to join the group againts BPF,will I get a letter from them just to confirm that they've got my details etc.?

I've sent a letter to BPF a few weeks ago,told them to send me a S75 claim form,also told them to send me a copy of proof of payment to Advent in November 2009.We will see what they will come back with.

Edited by IdaInFife

Hi Fuzz,

You can count me in as well please feel free to use my details. Thanks for everything you're doing. You're a star

I've not heard a thing from BPF for months now no calls from them or their henchmen.

There are 6 late payments on my Dad's credit report , I have sent a notice of correction for him.

I've been keeping an eye here for developments and like everyone just waiting letting things develop.

To anyone who is being hounded by debt collectors don't worry, I have been too but seems they exhaust their abilities and now are not even bothering. It was only scare tactics to see how many of us they could frighten into paying. Their lack of progressing any of us to court is an indication that they may not be as right as they think they are and they know it

How did Aaron get on with his wee group case anyone heard anything? Hope it went ok for them.

Hi Bluedo - good to see you here.

Thanks for the offer of adding your name to the letter. I'm glad to hear the harrassment from Barclays debt collections services has dropped off and I think you're spot on there, they give it a shot at scaring you into paying, then give up.

I think Aaron joined the group action - could be wrong and it's a different person but I have got an Aaron at the top of my contact list here. Would have been interesting and maybe useful to hear what he had to say regarding his solicitor's advice, as he also had a court date if I remember correctly?

Hello,

I have recieved a letter from a company called resolve call acting on behalf of Mercers debt collection threatening a home visit to collect money. I take it i should ignore the letter?

you can answer them with the letter that asks for a copy of the DOA.. it costs you a £1 postal to send them that request, its illegal for them to demand money off you without it.. so far had 3 agencies.. not one has produced this document.

thats if you want to waste your time :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks