• Tweets

• Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
    • well post it here as a text in a the msg reply half of it is blanked out. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know its just waste of time, but i did contact computeach to get so called dedicated course structure according to bpf..they replied with the following:

"Your contract remains with Barclays we will continue to support you under our terms and condition which can be found at www.computeach.co.uk/terms. The course we have you enrolled upon is Support Professional with Microsoft Database Administrator.

We will supply course materials and resources including tutorial support up until your contract end date of which has been extended via Barclays of 3 additional months your end of contract date. If you disagree with the contract end date please send a copy of your enrolment form with terms and conditions that states that there was no end date or the end date was different to your contract and we will investigate with Barclays.

We will also supply all exam vouchers required within this time period including re sits, you are able to attend our in centre training days held at our centre in Dudley in the West Midlands, if however you are unable to make these days we can supply exam vouchers for you to sit the exam at a local testing centre to yourself.

We also have a dedicated Careers time that can help you find jobs and help with CV writing and interview techniques, you can register on our student website to use this services as soon as you become a Computeach student.

Should you wish to continue to study after your contract ends we able to continue your training via our Computeach learning plan. This is an initial contract for a minimum of 12 months and can be paid monthly at £139.95 per month. After the initial 12 months you can continue on a month by month basis paying £139.95 monthly."

So where is the point for like wise training when they are asking for monthly payments after the end date..in my enrolment form there was no end date at all.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I"Your contract remains with Barclays we will continue to support you under our terms and condition which can be found at . The course we have you enrolled upon is Support Professional with Microsoft Database Administrator.

There you go, Computeach will only take you on under their T & C's. [And not Advents]

Thats not What BPF are saying is it.

Fuzzbutt might want to see that reply from Computeach.

I know its just waste of time, but i did contact computeach to get so called dedicated course structure according to bpf..they replied with the following:

"Your contract remains with Barclays we will continue to support you under our terms and condition which can be found at www.computeach.co.uk/terms. The course we have you enrolled upon is Support Professional with Microsoft Database Administrator.

We will supply course materials and resources including tutorial support up until your contract end date of which has been extended via Barclays of 3 additional months your end of contract date. If you disagree with the contract end date please send a copy of your enrolment form with terms and conditions that states that there was no end date or the end date was different to your contract and we will investigate with Barclays.

We will also supply all exam vouchers required within this time period including re sits, you are able to attend our in centre training days held at our centre in Dudley in the West Midlands, if however you are unable to make these days we can supply exam vouchers for you to sit the exam at a local testing centre to yourself.

We also have a dedicated Careers time that can help you find jobs and help with CV writing and interview techniques, you can register on our student website to use this services as soon as you become a Computeach student.

Should you wish to continue to study after your contract ends we able to continue your training via our Computeach learning plan. This is an initial contract for a minimum of 12 months and can be paid monthly at £139.95 per month. After the initial 12 months you can continue on a month by month basis paying £139.95 monthly."

So where is the point for like wise training when they are asking for monthly payments after the end date..in my enrolment form there was no end date at all.

They don't make sense. Did they write to you with a new contract at all, Raj, with anything in writing about the extended 3 months promise? Though I guess if you had no end date originally that's irrelevant. In that case how can they know when your study time expires if there was no end date?

What's the betting they'd start charging you anyway!

I tried contacting the 'Legal Action against Computeach' FB group but no one has replied to me. It appears they are currently trying to gather enough students to make a mass complaint to Dudley Trading Standards about the quality of their courses. CT have already been found against by TS back in 2006 when students complained then.

did anyone just get an email from someone claiming to be an advent student it came from email removed

Michal sent you a message on Action for Advent and Access 2 Trade students!

Yes I did yesterday. As follows:

--------------------

Subject: hi

Hi.

About a month ago i made a complain to Ombudsman on BPF and all that situation with Advent etc. Yesterday i recevied an answer from them.They wrote that tere's nothing they can do becouse BPF found a replacement Provider (Computeach) for me, and they think that I'm wrong and should accept it.I'm a little bit confused becouse Mercers keep sending me a letters sayin that if i wont pay someone will come to my house to collect the money.I'm getting stressed and don't really think what to do.Is there anyone who is in the same situation???What is your advice?Do you think that we have a chance to win?

Michal

--------------------

To reply to this message, follow the link below:

external link removed

I'm not going to answer it.

Edited by IdaInFife
web and email removed

I've just added a new letter template for those now being approached by second debt collection agencies as well as Mercers (see latest news and 'Letter Templates' page). This is in response to latest developments people are reporting. I'm trying to keep the student website up to date as events happen.

On the case, negotiations are moving slowly forward. Don't forget if you have any evidence (especially on the loan and Advent course being mis-sold) please forward them to Hausfeld. Ensure you are also copying all of your evidence to FOS as our lawyer suspects, having spoken directly to some people who have had rejections so far, that people have only sent basic information to their adjudicator. The adjudicator can only go on what you tell them, so she stresses be clear and thorough and outline all the issues with as much detail/evidence as you can (even if that's just your account of the sales meeting word of mouth, it's still relevant to your case). There is a slightly amended summary of points you can use on the bottom of the home page of my site. Hope that helps.

Edited by Fuzzbutt

They don't make sense. Did they write to you with a new contract at all, Raj, with anything in writing about the extended 3 months promise? Though I guess if you had no end date originally that's irrelevant. In that case how can they know when your study time expires if there was no end date?

What's the betting they'd start charging you anyway!

I tried contacting the 'Legal Action against Computeach' FB group but no one has replied to me. It appears they are currently trying to gather enough students to make a mass complaint to Dudley Trading Standards about the quality of their courses. CT have already been found against by TS back in 2006 when students complained then.

As far as I can make out, BPF have asked Computeach to match the Advent terms as much as possible. (ie Free re-sits, take exam at your nearest centre etc). Hopefully, our legal team can prove that Computeach is an inadequate replacement. (Advent's 'study at your own pace' being a key difference).

Also, as far as I make out, Computeach have accepted BPF's request and made a few concessions to Advent students. They seem very guarded about revealing these concessions. (Advent students are, apparently, directed to a specific part of the Computeach web-site. They are reluctant to admit anything in writing, and so on). Clearly, the bigger picture is that Computeach are scared that by revealing the concessions they have made to Advent students , they will further alienate their existing students.

I suggest, therefore, that Computeach's students are made fully-aware of the situation. Maybe, if we can link up with them in some way, our position can be strengthened.

Hey all. Received a letter from Barclays collection department. Basically told me my arrears balance is now critical and if I dont contact them they will refer my account to an external debt collection agency. I thoughty they had already passed my details on as I was getting calls from mercers. Anyway I phoned them up to talk to them, told them the usual that im not paying and not happy with the replacement. The lady said ok I understand i will stop the calls for another 13 days. Their saying they need to hear summat from legal team or I will have to ring customer relations department.

Hi guys!

It seems to me, that mercers and BPF are trying to get some money out of us before it gets to court. Mercers "advised" me today to start my payments regardless the dispute, so I won't have to pay extra interest on it, if I get turned down by the FOS.It is clear to me that they try to collect as much money from us, as possible, before it gets to court, and simply file clyesdale for bankruptcy.

Dont forget that Barclays Partner finance is only a trading name for Clydesdale financial services ltd, one of hundreds of companies owned by Barclays plc.It is just too easy for them to do it, they won't have to pay you back a single penny, even if you would win in court.

Go on the website, read it, KNOW YOUR RIGHTS, and complain to the authorities!

It's not gonna go away by just registering and reading forums.In fact the more complaints made to the more different government bodies, the better the chance barclays will back down.They know that they are in the red

Ps: How do you record mobile conversations when mercers calls?

Can you use your phone's call log records as proof of harrasment?

Any ideas?

Fuzz, you are a star!Thank you and all the others for the hard work!

Hi Guys

recording phone conversations on your mobile..

There is a website with some software its costs money but it works.. even records without the bleeps in the background, do a search for "Killermobile" phone recorder.

I had it my Nokia N91 before I lost it, I dont know all of the models the software works with.

what it does is automatically start recording as soon as you either receive a call or make one, its saves the file to your phone or memory card with the mobile number and date and time.

Hope this is helpful to anyone

Could anyone outline some more reasons not to pay Barclays even if we'll win this case?

what I mean is: We all know the risks of not paying! What about the risks of paying? there could be one just above. Are there any others? If there are, then they would make sens why Barclays is so aggressive in making us pay even if we win in court. maybe if we win Barclays will find a way not to pay us back. Other thing is: wouldn't it be better for Barclays to just sit confortable back and let us not pay and so go into interest period and so get penalties?! IT just would be more money for them. Instead they assault us in every way they can to just make us give them more, and this is maybe because they know that once we pay we won't get it back!

As far as I can make out, BPF have asked Computeach to match the Advent terms as much as possible. (ie Free re-sits, take exam at your nearest centre etc). Hopefully, our legal team can prove that Computeach is an inadequate replacement. (Advent's 'study at your own pace' being a key difference).

Also, as far as I make out, Computeach have accepted BPF's request and made a few concessions to Advent students. They seem very guarded about revealing these concessions. (Advent students are, apparently, directed to a specific part of the Computeach web-site. They are reluctant to admit anything in writing, and so on). Clearly, the bigger picture is that Computeach are scared that by revealing the concessions they have made to Advent students , they will further alienate their existing students.

I suggest, therefore, that Computeach's students are made fully-aware of the situation. Maybe, if we can link up with them in some way, our position can be strengthened.

Well, I suggested on their FB page they contact me as it could also benefit them too when we win our case. Ball's in their court now really, Skyblue Dave.

Our lawyer has pressurised BPF's lawyer to give her a written out line of these 'bespoke courses' but I suspect, as you say, they will just state they will match Advent's terms.

Good news is a former Advent rep and one of the Advent students who did opt for CT (and has since regretted it) has been in touch with me and passed on to our lawyer, so that strengthens our case.

what I mean is: We all know the risks of not paying! What about the risks of paying? there could be one just above. Are there any others? If there are, then they would make sens why Barclays is so aggressive in making us pay even if we win in court. maybe if we win Barclays will find a way not to pay us back. Other thing is: wouldn't it be better for Barclays to just sit confortable back and let us not pay and so go into interest period and so get penalties?! IT just would be more money for them. Instead they assault us in every way they can to just make us give them more, and this is maybe because they know that once we pay we won't get it back!

If we win, Malchus, I can't see how they will wriggle out of not paying us back if a high court judge orders them to do so as they will under S75 of CCA, I'd assume. That is a legal point. Barclays are not above the law, even if they like to think they are. They will be responsible for all court costs and Hausfeld's too, plus compensation.

Please do post it - FOS are toothless and incompetent.

You could join our group legal action if you haven't already.

Hi Fuzzbutt, I am already included in the group legal action, but thanks for the offer. I will send the info through a e-mail to you if you like so ingrid can look at it, see what they make of what Barclays and the FOS have to say over the issue.

Just realised that Barclays haven't taken my money this month. I'm one of the few that have continued paying because I can't afford to risk my credit rating being affected. I wrote to Barclays to complain about a number of things (again) and told them I'm involved with the group action, but never actually requested my account be put on hold. They received my letter on the 26th. They should have taken payment on the 28th and I even received the usual text message to confirm this on the 23rd. Maybe they're voluntarily putting accounts on hold if they know they're involved with the group action now.

Maybe they're voluntarily putting accounts on hold if they know they're involved with the group action now.

I dont think thats the case - its BPF, the fact that they are just very incompetent. We have already established that.

Give it a few days and you will have all the moranic bonus hunters on the phone with their threats. And of course it will be all your fault.

I dont think thats the case - its BPF, the fact that they are just very incompetent. We have already established that.

Ah! but it's a new set of incompetents.

Having dispensed with the shambles at Glasgow, as you may be aware BPF have been merged with another Barclaycard 'shining light' 1st Plus Financial. On the back of heavy TV advertising, this outfit specialised in offering secured loans to people who were already up to their ears in debt. No great suprise that 1st Plus closed for new business in 2008, as you will see below.

You will also see that the MD of 1st Plus was...................Neil Radley.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7495511.stm

In view of level of incompetence already remarked upon, you could suppose that as soon as Radley takes charge, anyone with half a brain looks for another job.

David

Edited by cashins
grammar

Ah! but it's a new set of incompetents.

Having dispensed with the shambles at Glasgow, as you may be aware BPF have been merged with another Barclaycard 'shining light' 1st Plus Financial. On the back of heavy TV advertising, this outfit specialised in offering secured loans to people who were already up to their ears in debt. No great suprise that 1st Plus closed for new business in 2008, as you will see below.

You will also see that the MD of 1st Plus was...................Neil Radley.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7495511.stm

In view of level of incompetence already remarked upon, you could suppose that as soon as Radley takes charge, anyone with half a brain looks for another job.

David

Quote from the neanderthal man himself.

Neil Radley, managing director of Firstplus, said: "In the past year we have tried a whole range of activities to develop our business but the market demand simply isn't strong enough"

After looking at his track record, one activity he might consider - make himself redundent, and quitely slip away.

But then he will manage to self emplode with that option i should imagine.

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update about the things happening to me.

I had a letter from Barclays saying they were passing my details onto "Sanclare Financial". Which I thought was odd as most of you had Mercers. That was 20th August.

I yesterday had a business card posted through from a company called "Resolvecall ltd." It was posted in a brown envelope with my name and "URGENT.DO NOT IGNORE" written on. So they had been to my house. On the business card, it says " I called today for the 1st time regarding your account(s). Please contact (name) on (tel no.) or our office qouting reference Barclays Partner Finance." This was all in handwriting. Including the envelope.

Who are these companies and has anybody else had to deal with them? I also thought they couldn't come to your house and pressurise you. Or was that they just couldnt come in. What shall I do now? Just send the letter saying that the account is in dispute? Is it worth mentioning the outlines that they cannot harass me as mentioned on the website?

Cheers Guys

P.S I've just had a look at the number (0844 257) and it costs 4p per minute not including connection charges. I dont have a house phone so this would cost more i guess from my mobile. Not that i'm going to call them but, would this fall under the unfair practise of 'asking or instructing debtors to make contact on premium rate telephone numbers' or is 4p not premium. I'm really not sure. lol.

Edited by Robtroll
Added Tel No. Info.

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update about the things happening to me.

I had a letter from Barclays saying they were passing my details onto "Sanclare Financial". Which I thought was odd as most of you had Mercers. That was 20th August.

I yesterday had a business card posted through from a company called "Resolvecall ltd." It was posted in a brown envelope with my name and "URGENT.DO NOT IGNORE" written on. So they had been to my house. On the business card, it says " I called today for the 1st time regarding your account(s). Please contact (name) on (tel no.) or our office qouting reference Barclays Partner Finance." This was all in handwriting. Including the envelope.

Who are these companies and has anybody else had to deal with them? I also thought they couldn't come to your house and pressurise you. Or was that they just couldnt come in. What shall I do now? Just send the letter saying that the account is in dispute? Is it worth mentioning the outlines that they cannot harass me as mentioned on the website?

Cheers Guys

P.S I've just had a look at the number (0844 257) and it costs 4p per minute not including connection charges. I dont have a house phone so this would cost more i guess from my mobile. Not that i'm going to call them but, would this fall under the unfair practise of 'asking or instructing debtors to make contact on premium rate telephone numbers' or is 4p not premium. I'm really not sure. lol.

First of all, go back one page [page 242 - read post #4826 ] If you need a template, its on the legal site.

Hi Joyhouk, I got the same letter signed by a Mr Andy Hughes. I plan to reply/ respond to the treats in this letter in the next couple of days and will upload my response. In my response letter I will state that I have no problems if Barclays want to take me to court as this seems the only way that this whole debacle will come to public prominence.

Could be a good day to watch TV tomorrow evening!!!

I have been interviewed for the BBC 1's 'The One Show' 7pm. Hopefully it will be airing tomorrow (Weds).

Love to be a fly on the wall of Uncle Neil Radley's front room.....hmmm, what's that? Bad publicity, you say? Such a shame! :lol::lol:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks