Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree A4ron, there has been some pertinent information from all parties, however the delivery of said points has been lacking.

I think you will find the delivery of points are not lacking, a lot of people are sending the stuff off to the legal team[facts and information, letters etc]. In fact a lot of people have been very helpful with PM's,

[ for me anyway when i asked for clarification of points]

No point in posting pdf's on here, it needs to be with the legal team to be of any use.

People blowing of steam happens everywhere,and it is understandable by all accounts, with some of the stuff some of these people on this very forum have had to put up with.

Your comments lowdown are only proving my point, bickering over little details on here is not constructive to our needs.

I do agree that people need to blow off steam, me included. This forum has been a source of constant re-assurance for me, and as such, to see other members name calling and using profanities at each other isn't where we should be directing our negative energies.

I was just drawing attention to the flaming and trolling thats happened on here this last week.

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well?

Come on guys I know this is a terrible time, but the more information we provide the better it will be for everyone.

If anyone would like contact with the solicitor I and a small group has formed please contact me and I will try to help.

Guess you must have missed this, A4ron, but most of us here (over 500 Advent, nearly 200 Access2 and now Property Professionals - all in the same position as ourselves) are signed up to a legal action with Hausfeld LLP, which is not costing us anything (see first post in the thread, kindly re-edited by Dan so newcomers don't miss it).

This has been going on a couple of months at least.

If people think I work for Barclays that's just laughable, if only they knew the dealings I've had with them in the past. (one example) I had a loan with them @ £250/mth for 3 years which I ended up not being able to afford. I renegotiated the loan with them and all they offered me was £230/mth for 5 years. I had to take it cos I needed to save the £20/mth. I ended up refusing to pay and in the end my £6000 pound loan cost me £12000. I got a loan from somewher else and paid £220/mth for 7 years.

So no I do not work for Barclays. I 'kin hate Barclays and I want to cost them as much money as possible. Problem is the laws says I have to mittigate their costs so if I go round racking up their costs unduely they can reclaim those costs and that means I get less of my money back and they get to keep more of it. But if I keep their costs to a minimum, they can't reclaim them, therefore I get all of my money back and they get to keep none of it ergo it costs them the most.

I hope we all get our money back but it is my opinion that some people, by their actions, are making it harder for themselves. I understand why people are angry and refusing to pay, I've done the same thing myself and it only caused me more stress and more problems. When I started playing by the rules I got what I wanted. My conclusion therefore is that that is the best way forward.

My original claim against Barclays was that Advent failed to deliver the course and I wanted a pro rata amount of money back. Barclays told me though that as I was outside the 2 years as per the agreement there was nothing they could do and gave me a final decision.

Since then I have changed my claim against them and asked for all of the money back and told them I have evidence to support my claim. They have reopened my complaint and are reviewing the evidence I gave them.

FOS so far have been quite helpful, basically told me to watch out for Barclays lies and alerted me to some of the tricks they play (they didn't quite say it like that).

mate you work for barclays. why are you trying to make us pay up? thats all you say on hear. pay this pay that why are you so concerned that people are not paying? you won't have to pay our cost or get a bad credit rating, so if you have nothing constructive to say then say nothing. you just carry on paying and fight your own corner. with what you have said about your dealings with bpf why go back to them for another loan after the way you say they treated you the first time. sounds dodgy to me.

Some insight into Mercers......all Sona Norris articles are on the students website by the way.

external link removed

One thing i have gathered from reading forum posts [ a lot from this very site in fact] is that when Mercers dont get their own way - it goes back to Barclays.

So do Mercers not take people to court?

After reading your link i understand why - good grief!

Yeah, they're a bit of a horror story, Lowdown. It seems they can do nothing in real terms though, just threaten ("we'll send da boys round"), as they are not bailiffs and not appointed by a court.

Hi all

I got reply from fo that they cant help in this case. Actually I got loan from barclay and paid to advent. To avoid interest, I took another loan from barclay and paid upfront all the loan and still paying to barclay. I registered my complaint to fo and after three months they refused to proceed the case and said they cant help in this matter. I m very upset.

Sorry to hear that Chickna! Does that mean it's not a linked loan!? You basically got loaned the money and then sent it to Advent yourself!?

Horrible situation for you! I really feel for you!

Certainly is bad news. Stick with the legal group action, Chickna.

FUZZZBUTT ANNOUNCEMENT.....

If you are experiencing harassment from Mercers debt collection agency please send details of this to either myself to forward to our lawyer, or directly to her (details for contact on the student website). Time, dates, and brief details would be useful.

She feels this could be a case now for OFT and Trading Standards and will certainly put pressure on Barclays to act.

Thanks.

Errrrrrr...... good luck.

David

I've not given the full story so it's not as daft as it sounds. It's a lot more complicated than I'm going to go into here. I can only try and see if it works.

Found this which might be of interest to people. It's not quite the same situation being dealt with here but is pretty close. It starts off with people refusing to pay their loans and then warns there could be consequences if you don't. The important thing, if I understood it correctly, is that even if the people in the artical win their case their lender can still pass on bad credit info to the credit agencies. Even if they win they loose, which is outrageous.

I'm wondering if the same is true for people here. Have a read.

external link removed

Edited by IdaInFife
external link removed

I've not given the full story so it's not as daft as it sounds. It's a lot more complicated than I'm going to go into here. I can only try and see if it works.

Found this which might be of interest to people. It's not quite the same situation being dealt with here but is pretty close. It starts off with people refusing to pay their loans and then warns there could be consequences if you don't. The important thing, if I understood it correctly, is that even if the people in the artical win their case their lender can still pass on bad credit info to the credit agencies. Even if they win they loose, which is outrageous.

I'm wondering if the same is true for people here. Have a read.

external link removed [/url]

We are not claiming money through a loophole, we are the ones getting shafted.. the S75 breach claim still stands.. let them do their worst.

I have never defaulted on a loan in my life.. but here Barclays are to blame and will pay.

BPF actions caused advent to close and I and many others lost a job oportunety.. I am still out of work because I have lost my training provider.. if it really comes down to the court against me (and I doubt this will happen).. I will offer to repay at 50p a month (my loan was interest free).. its a reasonable amount for someone put out of work by the actions of greedy banks in the first place.. :p

external link removed

Edited by 10pack

I just saw whats posted??? :eek:

sorry folks.. not my doing something happening on the site :confused:

So I have deleted the copies so as not to waste screen space.. saving the planet :)

Edited by 10pack

just had a call from barclays the lady on the phone was really nice!

although she said there is no record of any complaints on my account including the one from the F.O?

should i ring the F.O and see whats going on?

I told her i was taking legal action and she said she would put my account on hold till this is sorted i'll just have to wait and see if that happens

just had a call from barclays the lady on the phone was really nice!

although she said there is no record of any complaints on my account including the one from the F.O?

should i ring the F.O and see whats going on?

I told her i was taking legal action and she said she would put my account on hold till this is sorted i'll just have to wait and see if that happens

Thats strange they point blank refused to put my account on hold on Saturday :(

I think it may be different people are getting different treatment depending on who they speak to. I'd guess some of the more experienced staff at the call centre are aware of the codes and freezing accounts being disputed, others maybe not. I don't think they are getting any real guidance from management about handling this.

I worked as a temp for a couple of months at a call centre for HSBC, dealing with stocks and share investment. I only ever learned the basic stuff in that time, and a lot of time had to send the customer on to a manager who had more knowledge and could answer the customer properly. Probably much the same set-up at BPF. Except they don't seem to be passing customers on to competent staff a lot of the time! Underpaid and under pressure.

its nice to see their thretening letter after comeback from work..had a first letter from bpf sain they will refer my case to mercers if i dont reply to them..what shall i do now? just write a letter or call them to freeze my account..

a4ron! i know u guys arranged a lawyer before the action group, would u mind telling me the progress u made with ur lawyer...thanx.

feedme! i don't know ur from bpf or a genuine student..plz i request you not to post somethning which will upset all of us. if u think ur way is right, help urself and gud luck for that! and if ur sure that we all goin wrong way, just leave us to our fate. we all are sharing this forum since last six months..where've u been for this period?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks