Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fuzzbutt if you could send a copy of the letter I'd put it on the website and post up a link for those who cannot access advent students' website (i still can't)

....however everyone will be able to get it....

Edited by the_shadow
Removal of email link

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had a phonecall from a woman claiming to be from B.P.F saying she wanted a payment immediately. When I told her Mercers put my account on hold for 30 days she said it wasn't and that her name was Nadia calling from South Africa!! When I said I weren't paying she said she would put my account on hold for £5!! Might get a call from the moon next week!!

I have read letter thoroughly but nowhere were mention misseling course for people without experience in IT.

This paragraph comes from Microsoft website:

MCSE candidate profile

An MCSE candidate should have one to two years of experience in designing, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network systems.

Personally i think that is one of the strongest points for our claim; worth looking at...

Anyway we have to be patient. We should win!

Many many thanks to Fuzzbut!

Dyha that might be realy important. Fuzz can You pass it forward to Hausfeld ?

Anyway i've been trying again to access this site.

It's 7 o'clock at the morning and ......... still same problem :(

Is it a good time to create some conspiracy theory ? ;-)

I have read letter thoroughly but nowhere were mention misseling course for people without experience in IT.

This paragraph comes from Microsoft website:

MCSE candidate profile

An MCSE candidate should have one to two years of experience in designing, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network systems.

Personally i think that is one of the strongest points for our claim; worth looking at...

Anyway we have to be patient. We should win!

Many many thanks to Fuzzbut!

They are aware of it as I passed the comments I'd ask people to send me over, and someone did raise that.

Regarding the website, I've had a lot of feedback and people are getting on it though some can't. I think there's a problem with the webs.com server, wich hosts it, so nothing I can do unfortunately but I will raise it with the admin there.

Got an email response from CT, not what a lot of you want to hear I'm sure. Looks like BPF have been putting on some pressure to try and match the Advent contracts.

Good Afternoon XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent email regarding our policy for exam re-sits and the contractual study term.

We are pleased to reassure you that Computeach will provide exam vouchers for re-sits required along your chosen career track whilst you are within contract.

With reference to your request for a copy of your signed enrolled form, we are currently unable to locate this document as we are still receiving hard copies of the student files from the administrators of Advent.

We have added your details to a list of students that have requested copies of their enrolment documents and we will forward them to you as and when we receive them.

In the meantime, if you possess any written information from your previous training provider that suggests a variant contract end date or term of support, please forward copies of this documentation to [email protected]

I can't believe that they are arranging training to match the contract of Advent in some cases quoting the contract and still don't the hard copies of the signed contract.

I'm not sure if your contracts are the same as mine (don't have it in front of me so can't quote word for word) but the End Date is defined as the date on the signed enrollment form or the date which the final exam is passed. CT have previously provided me with dates from my Advent file, but I have no dates on my copy of the enrollment form, which also isn't signed by advent. I also cannot see anywhere on my contract where there is a specified x amount of years for the duration of the course.

Got an email response from CT, not what a lot of you want to hear I'm sure. Looks like BPF have been putting on some pressure to try and match the Advent contracts.

I can't believe that they are arranging training to match the contract of Advent in some cases quoting the contract and still don't the hard copies of the signed contract.

I'm not sure if your contracts are the same as mine (don't have it in front of me so can't quote word for word) but the End Date is defined as the date on the signed enrollment form or the date which the final exam is passed. CT have previously provided me with dates from my Advent file, but I have no dates on my copy of the enrollment form, which also isn't signed by advent. I also cannot see anywhere on my contract where there is a specified x amount of years for the duration of the course.

I got the same Email word for word - over six weeks ago.

They just want you to sign up! then they will roll you over .....

BPF still have not sent me a copy of their contract with me. This after asking several times.One telephone conversation was that the Administrators were holding the contracts..:eek:

Lets face it, its all bull...The pair of them are rotten to the core.

Hey there !

I found a way to connect to our Action team website. You just need to use a proxy gateways. However i have a same problem on many of them - just can't log into it. I'll will let You know if find some solution for it or maybe someone know how to do that ?

Hi

What is the link for the site?

I have not heard anything from barclays either.. I think they are waiting for their 10 days so they can again threaten me with more fines :(

Hi Danton,

Do they mean by student days around the country. like work experience? and I think our legal team would be interested in this. you can send directly to Hausfeld or to fuzzbutt and fuzz will forward it.

The student days were when member of the careers team travelled to locations around the country and you could speak to them face to face and tell them what you really wanted.

They would come along with vacancies in the area and put your details forward to them.

I was actually going to be attending one of these a few days after that dreaded email back in February.

Edited by the_shadow
Removal of email link

still nothing - cannot access the website :( since yesterday

Fuzzbutt, did you get my message?

Thanks for that offer, Panliberski....just picked it up, and sent you the Word doc of the legal letter.

Edited to add - sorry, just PMed you again...

Edited by Fuzzbutt

Hey there !

I found a way to connect to our Action team website. You just need to use a proxy gateways. However i have a same problem on many of them - just can't log into it. I'll will let You know if find some solution for it or maybe someone know how to do that ?

Hi Teo

Please could you pop step by step instructions up on how to do this?

Thanks very much.:)

Apparently the problem is between Virgin and Webs.com who host the site. The Webs.con server is being somehow blocked by Virgin, hence some people can still see it but Virgin and Skype customers who use them as their ISP won't. I've contacted both parties - all the Webs customers are having the same problem with their sites and contacting Virgin so hopefully should be fixed soon.

Am I being blonde here, is there a reference I need to quote for Hausfeld or do I simply say "Barclays Partner Finance" in the address when sending additional evidence.

That should be fine, Savarok - maybe add 'group legal action' to clarify.

The letter has been uploaded and link has been placed on the main page. Help yourselves!

EDIT: considering present situation llink has been removed - Please contact Fuzzbutt if you're lacking patience ;P

Edited by the_shadow
URL removed

Am I being blonde here, is there a reference I need to quote for Hausfeld or do I simply say "Barclays Partner Finance" in the address when sending additional evidence.

As Fuzzbutt said, I would says "Barclays Partner Finance group legal action". I would also suggest that you make sure to add your account number for reference so that they can link it to your other documents.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks