Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll ask again, has anyone else had a letter from the FOS saying the letter we received from Wilma Thompson on 12th April was not a final response and I should contact them for confirmation.

I'm seriously confused about this as how can the FOS uphold our complaints if this is the case.

Or is it a case of me having the useless handler on my complaint :(

I forwarded my reply from Wilma Thompson to FOS, as her reply was NOT satisfactory. It is not final by any means as she has not addressed any point raised at all. I made that clear to the FO. It's all the same bull**** BPF are trying to feed us.

TAKE NO NOTICE. FOLLOW THE LEGAL ADVICE ON THE WEBSITE. THEY HAVE NO POWER OVER YOU - ONLY IF YOU GIVE IN!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The funny thing is that Scott Carey sent all the letters every 14 days saying they were dealing with the complaint and hadn't resolved it yet.

But then the final response came from Wilma fob off Thompson

that's the we don't believe section 75 applys in this situation one

I forwarded my reply from Wilma Thompson to FOS, as her reply was NOT satisfactory. It is not final by any means as she has not addressed any point raised at all. I made that clear to the FO. It's all the same bull**** BPF are trying to feed us.

TAKE NO NOTICE. FOLLOW THE LEGAL ADVICE ON THE WEBSITE. THEY HAVE NO POWER OVER YOU - ONLY IF YOU GIVE IN!

I have received another letter which more or less is a copy of the previous one everyone got, but it does say I should treat it as a final response......

I'll ask again, has anyone else had a letter from the FOS saying the letter we received from Wilma Thompson on 12th April was not a final response and I should contact them for confirmation.

I'm seriously confused about this as how can the FOS uphold our complaints if this is the case.

Or is it a case of me having the useless handler on my complaint :(

I had the same letter that I thought was a final response but turned out not to be when I sent it to the FO. The final response must state that you can consider it to be BPF's final response.

If you reply to BPF saying that their not-final-response is still unacceptable, they should get back to you with their final response, at least they did with me. It should say something along the lines of "barclays have found a like for like provider, and you must pay us money."

You can then send this letter of to the FO.

Hope that helps.

Does anyone else feel the Daily Mirror article is actually quite in the side of Computeach!? It just lists all the 'good' things they do and not the truth about their bullsh*t!?

Also, I now know of about 5 people who have written to Watchdog, I really think it's well worth as many people doing it as possible as if it does get on TV, BPF will hate the bad publicity and hopefully come on with a response to clear their name...ie refunds!!??

just saw this on the facebook page...

"advent fraudulently claimed they were accreditated with microsoft which is a lie under the misrepresentation act 1967. they fraudulently claimed they would supply the training materials for the whole course which is a lie under the supply of goods to the consumer act 2002. and under the consumer crefit act 1974 section... 75, you can claim a full refund or partial refund of the fees, if the new training provider isn't suitable for you."

Does anyone else feel the Daily Mirror article is actually quite in the side of Computeach!? It just lists all the 'good' things they do and not the truth about their bullsh*t!?

Also, I now know of about 5 people who have written to Watchdog, I really think it's well worth as many people doing it as possible as if it does get on TV, BPF will hate the bad publicity and hopefully come on with a response to clear their name...ie refunds!!??

Yes, it was like an advert for them, wasn't it. I think we should get a good number of us to add comments.

Hi!

I'm on such a high today!:)

I just spoke to the salesman I saw from Advent. He was really kind and understanding and willing to help. He said he is happy to put things in writing etc to help us.

For example my contract says 2 years to do the course but he and someone in the callcentre said if we needed more time it was absolutely fine. He said he'll put that in writing!

He said he feels terrible at whats happened, and how no one at Advent (employees) even knew what was happening untill the last minute!

It's entirely because of BPF that Advent had to stop and BPF by law must give us the exact same training or our money back (which of course we knew but it's nice to hear it from someone who actually worked for Advent.)

Anyways, I'm going to start writing an email to him about what we need to help us with our cases.

If anyone has anything they'd like me to ask him, PM me and I'll put it in.

And maybe other people can try calling their salesmen, mine obviously used his own phone not an advent company phone!!

YAY!:D

Hi!

I'm on such a high today!:)

I just spoke to the salesman I saw from Advent. He was really kind and understanding and willing to help. He said he is happy to put things in writing etc to help us.

For example my contract says 2 years to do the course but he and someone in the callcentre said if we needed more time it was absolutely fine. He said he'll put that in writing!

He said he feels terrible at whats happened, and how no one at Advent (employees) even knew what was happening untill the last minute!

It's entirely because of BPF that Advent had to stop and BPF by law must give us the exact same training or our money back (which of course we knew but it's nice to hear it from someone who actually worked for Advent.)

Anyways, I'm going to start writing an email to him about what we need to help us with our cases.

If anyone has anything they'd like me to ask him, PM me and I'll put it in.

And maybe other people can try calling their salesmen, mine obviously used his own phone not an advent company phone!!

YAY!:D

That is quite literally the best news I've had in ages. Nice one!

Hi Savarok

What did your letter say from Wilma Thompson was it in reply to your complaint.

Did you receive a letter saying your complaint would be dealt with by their dedicated complaint handler in customer services at any point.?

It was the generic letter we all recieved from her, my actual complaint handler was a Scott Carey.

I have asked for confirmation of the final response from Barclays (its on its way now) and I am going to pass it to the FOS saying - this is great because this letter does not address any of the concerns I raised in my complaint letter.

Pigwig,

I saw your post and imediatley checked to see if i had my tutor's details and thankfully i have, good news!

Just called him and as with your advisor he is willing to help. He's given me his email adress and seems willing to write a letter providing evidence that course was not restricted to 2 years.

Fingers crossed!!

Pigwig,

I saw your post and imediatley checked to see if i had my tutor's details and thankfully i have, good news!

Just called him and as with your advisor he is willing to help. He's given me his email adress and seems willing to write a letter providing evidence that course was not restricted to 2 years.

Fingers crossed!!

fantastic news!

we'll win this!! :-)

Hello,

I am quite new to this website and I am just looking for information to make a plan of action. I have been studying a database administration course with Advent since december 2007. I have paid off £3500 from the £6600 I was due to pay for the course.

I was just about to take my Windows Server 2003 Administration exam when advent went bust. Following to information I received from PKF I contacted Computeach and they told me my contract with advent elapsed on the 18th December 2009.

I am quite lost as to what my next step should be. I haven't even received the textbooks from Advent for the rest of my course.

The loan I got was from Barclays partner Finance. Can anyone give my any advice on what my next step should be? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi!

Just starting to write this email...

other than the extended time Advent verbally gave us and the promise of jobs (which were unrealistic) what else do people need to prove in writing? I've been looking back through posts but there are so many it's taking forever!

Cheers!

Hi Guys I have just been contacted by BPF and have refused to go through the security questions and that the only contact I am willing to have is in writing but the guy said he has booked for someone to come round and discuss whatever he called about with me next week.

Can I refuse to talk to them when my account is in dispute?

Hi Guys I have just been contacted by BPF and have refused to go through the security questions and that the only contact I am willing to have is in writing but the guy said he has booked for someone to come round and discuss whatever he called about with me next week.

Can I refuse to talk to them when my account is in dispute?

Just another threat.

He has to name the supposed doorstep caller.[Guidelines]

If not he has broken guidelines.

Send a complaint off to FOS.

Also if someone comes to your doorstep, ask them to leave.

If they do not, call the Police - they can be arrested and charged with affray.

Call BPF and tell them every threat and phone call will be met with a complaint to FOS [ if you do it per singular phone call, the fines will add up to more than the loan is worth]

Dont be wobbled - wobble them!

Also these phone calls are from Bonus hunters and target achievers from the collections dept.Not anyone to be worried about, its just their job otherwise they will be picking up their P45.Infact because of the BPF move from Glasgow to Cardiff, most of them are!

Read up on dept collecting guidelines - there is plenty on this site.

It really is worth knowing all your rights.

The guy you spoke to broke the data protection act, after you did not go through the security check.The conversation ends there.

And certainly not with threats of doorstep conversations.[ That has to be clearly stated in a letter to you, and arranged with a time and date with your consent]

Next time just tell the caller to sling his hook, he will and move onto someone else, he needs to collect money for his target, not spend all day trying to threaten you into paying up. [ keep him on the phone for ages wasteing his time, then wait for the hung up tone..lol]

Edited by lowdown

Hi Masoud,

You will have to write a letter to put your account in Dispute there's a template letter if you go back a page here if you put the account in Dispute it will stop BPF from reporting to the CRA's and will freeze the account. or above here there's a letter you can also use just adapt it to your own details

email [email protected] to be added to the mailing list of a class action lawsuit against BPF

You can also contact consumer direct and CAB for immediate advice

Dear Bluedo,

Thanks for your help and all the information you have provided here.

On 26th of April I asked to get some advice "Post #2877" and you replied. However, I have full time job and have been very busy, therefore I could not follow up and write the letter to BPF asking them to put my account in Dispute and it is left behind.

I also have received two emails form PKF during this period giving some information and a letter from BPF advising me that the hold has been removed from my account and payments will now become due in line and so on…

Finally, I have two days off and going to finish this as soon as possible but before I send any letters to BPF I need some advice please.

Do I need to write a letter to BFT asking them to put my account in Dispute and then send an email to [email protected] asking them to add me to the mailing list of a class action lawsuit against BPF?

I have also found two different addresses here and not quite sure which one is correct to send my latter to,

Barclaycard Customer Relations

The Avenue Business Park,

Pentwyn,

Cardiff, CF23 8FF

Also this

FIRSTPLUS FINANCIAL GROUP THE AVENUE BUSINESS PARK, PENTWYN, CARDIFF, CF23 8FF

Are there any solicitors, organisations to get help from regarding this issue as I’m really busy and looking for someone to take the case and follow up?

Could you please update me with the latest news or information?

Sorry for the long message any thank you so much.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks