Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have received it as well and read it all.

I think the most important part is the FAQ and the end.

I paid for the course full amount some time ago and I was paying installments for 6 months to Anglo Capital Ltd. The address of the company was the same as advent. I found the information on another forum

Your financial agreement is with one of Advent's many sister companies. Anglo Capital Ltd. was also linked with Access 2 Careers Limited. ("access2 trade careers is a trading name of Anglo Capital Ltd. ")

But Anglo Capital Ltd did have a collection agent who was called First Capital Cashflow [FCC] (also if you check your bank statements it should say for their payments FCC RE: Anglo Capital Ltd)

My question is do I qualify as PAYG Student ?

Hi there I havre been following this forum for quite some time noew as Iam in the same boat as all of the rest of you I have emailed Fuzzbutt and am very aware that he is obviously having to go through alot of emails, but just to let you know I think your doing a stand up job.

Also Martin would it be possible for you to email me a copy of that complaints letter template that I can edit and send off please it would be much appreciated.

Contact me directly.

I'm sorry to say my PMs have been 'edited' by the Admins. Free speech?

• Haha 1

Contact me directly.

I'm sorry to say my PMs have been 'edited' by the Admins. Free speech?

Hi Fuzzbutt,

Just joined the forum today after seeing some posts regarding the

Advent/BPF fiasco over at Money saving matters.

I am/was a student on the advent course [my funding from BPF]

So i will like to be involved in the possible proceedings.

I have PM'd you my email address.

Keep up all the great work.

[just received the 47 page doc from PKF]

Lowdown

Edited by lowdown
amending

Hi Fuzzbutt,

Just joined the forum today after seeing some posts regarding the

Advent/BPF fiasco over at Money saving matters.

I am/was a student on the advent course [my funding from BPF]

So i will like to be involved in the possible proceedings.

I have PM'd you my email address.

Keep up all the great work.

[just received the 47 page doc from PKF]

Lowdown

Thanks Lowdown - you're on the list.

Hi Guys!!

I have not been on this forum for a while now.

I too have been getting letters from Barclays Partner Finance stating they will deal with my complaint on such and such date and basically just fobbing me off. When discussing a situation with one department I would have letters or phone calls from other department where they contradict themselves.

All they have been doing is sending out generic emails to us all, not bothering to read what we write and just fob us off.

I have complained to the FLA (finance and leasing association) and the financial ombudsman. I STRONGLY urge you all to keep complaining to both these bodies. We have a much stronger case if we all keep complaining to the FLA and ombudsman.

Even those of you who decide to continue with the course or those who decide to start paying we should still complain. They are more likely to do something if we all keep pushing.

I like many of you do not wish to continue with an alternative training provider and it's wrong that they are bullying us into this.

Barclays are saying I have to resume payment which I don't think is correct especially whilst this dispute is ongoing.

What are you all doing!? Are you choosing to continue with the new training provider? Are you starting repayments!? I do not want to be forced into paying a course I do not wish to do.

I just want to reiterate again, please all of you keep on complaining to the FLA and ombudsman - it's alot of money, why should the banks win!

Hey FUZZBUTT,

emailed you with regards to goin on your list but was jus wondrin if i need to be on PFK's list? got all correspondence between me n BPF n written to FOS but not filled in any forms wi PKF, do you think this matters? hav spoken to them so they took my details!

(not that thers any reason you shud know this )

Can you send me a link to this please!?

its on this website there students have the same forum going and they started posting on monday that they had been offered refunds

advent computer training [ hitachi ]

So the relatively unknown finance provider - Hitachi is doing the right thing, while Barclays is screwing us all around. You would have thought the High street bank would have treated customers a bit better.

How do you think they made all those Billions in profit..

And how do you think they justify the millions their boss gets paid.. never mind the bonuses

I got £1.10 as my dividend for my shares.. and they pay me 0.7% interest on a savings account.

They are not looking after their customers.. only themselves

Banks are the only service you use that screws you.. and they call it providing you with a service?

Hi all,

I'm also a former Advent student, and I too have disputed the "contract end date" that computeach seem to have fabricated.

I don't know if anyone else has, but I asked computeach for a copy of the contract I signed to proved the terms they're stating are the same ones I signed up to.

I got the following reply:

"With regards to your request for a copy of the actual terms and conditions of your contract. We currently only have electronic data available to us.

We are in the process of working through archived paperwork and if your copy of Terms and conditions have been passed to us we will be able to send you a copy.

In the meantime If you have documented evidence to support your claim that your contract end date was different or that there wasn’t one then please do send it to us and we will be happy to review it.

In the absence of documented evidence to support a claim of an open ended contract I’m afraid that we will not be able to support you free of charge beyond the contract end date that we have already stipulated."

I could be wrong, but if they can't prove the end date was in the contract I signed, surely it is unenforceable, and if they are unable to prove the the end date was part of my terms, then they're not providing like-for-like training.

I paid via BPF, so that makes Barclays jointly and severally liable under section 75 CCA as already discussed; but enforcing an end date also puts Computeach in breach of EU law Directive 1999/44/EC, which states:

"The goods must:

comply with the description given by the seller and posses the same qualities and characteristics as other similar goods

be fit for the purpose which the consumer requires them and which was made known to the seller at the time of purchase.”

I have questioned Computeach today about the enforcablility of a contract I haven't signed, but I haven't mentioned anything legal yet, so I'll keep everyone updated when they reply.

Well, despite all that's been happening, i passed my MCDST today!! :D

Well congratulations are in order!

The question now is whether you will be taking the 70-682 Windows 7 update exam seeing as MS have officially stopped supporting xp!

Well congratulations are in order!

The question now is whether you will be taking the 70-682 Windows 7 update exam seeing as MS have officially stopped supporting xp!

Thanks Savarok.

Right now the choice is between Network + and the 70-680 exams. As far as i can see, Microsoft haven't released the training material for the 70-682?

I think with Advent going down i've become more determined to pass these exams and get a decent job!

Thanks Savarok.

Right now the choice is between Network + and the 70-680 exams. As far as i can see, Microsoft haven't released the training material for the 70-682?

I think with Advent going down i've become more determined to pass these exams and get a decent job!

A Job!! :eek:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks