Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least one Bank (according to an internet forum user) is aware that Advent and Anglo capital are the same company

Leagally this means that since Advent (who is also Anglo Capital) is claimimg insolvancy it is UNLAWFUL AND CONSTITUTES FRAUD for Anglo Capital to take payment when the company is no longer solvant/able to trade

so if Anglo Capital takes the money out of your bank on 1st day after declaring insolvency then they have commited fraud

they have also breached section 75 of the consumer credit act by failing to supply goods as advertised ie my full mcse course not partial course as some advisors have been saying as the agreement is to complete mcse course and they have failed catstrophically in their duties to do so

STICKY1, im in the same situation as you mate! Im with Anglo Capital, phoned Barclays, was not on their records, so what do we do now, how do we get our money back from somewhere that doesnt exist???? i really dont understand what to do???

i pesonaly think that the directors should have all their assets siezed and that includes all there private pocessions too i not a friendly person when been took mickey out of and to see the d**k head driving away from the mews in a brand new range rover sports makes me sick no doubt by monday they will have another business up and running if this wasnt planned already because thats how these creatures work

STICKY1, im in the same situation as you mate! Im with Anglo Capital, phoned Barclays, was not on their records, so what do we do now, how do we get our money back from somewhere that doesnt exist???? i really dont understand what to do???

Colz1234,

Being honest with you I am not sure if we are going to get our money back. Barclays told me that they supplied money to Anglo and they distributed it. So if Anglo has gone under then there will be no money to get back. I am currently waiting for the financial ombudsman they want to see my agreement because it does not say consumer credit act. So I have cancelled my Direct Debit cos Anglo tried to take my money TODAY! and I am going to wait and see if someone contacts me. The worse that could happen is I miss a payment and get a letter or a late payment charge, but in light of what has happened I dont see how they can enforce a late payment charge. I truly dont think that we will get a letter or hear anything about it. The only thing I think we will hear is from the Administrator. Until someone tells me who and what my money is going too I aint paying. It doesnt look like our agreement is legitimate.

try tracing them even at the business register they havent got a phone number but would love to know the home address of the directors so we can all write personally to them and invite them to pay or should we take it to the police to investigate fraudulant activity by these people

so if Anglo are still active then, they must be traceable surely?????

That's what I am waiting for to find out when they don't get my money. If they really want it they will have to write to me and tell me they did'nt receive it and then I will have someone to approach. I was advised to cancel the direct debit by Barclays Partner Finance and wait and see who, if anyone sends a letter to me.

I'm in Leeds - West Yorkshire if that is any help to you.

Hiya, myself and my boyfriend are both with advent and Barclay's and we both owe 6k each. we are both from bradford. west yorkshire. if any one has any information can you please contact us, as we have been told different things by Barclays to what we have received from Advent. Good idea to get in touch with watchdog.

Hiya, myself and my boyfriend are both with advent and Barclay's and we both owe 6k each. we are both from bradford. west yorkshire. if any one has any information can you please contact us, as we have been told different things by Barclays to what we have received from Advent. Good idea to get in touch with watchdog.

Contact Barclays Clydesdale Finance if that is who you have your finance with cos advent (if you do speak to them cant be trusted)

Its Barcleys Partner Finance. we have been told that Barclays wouldnt pay Advent the money. and then this morning on the phone Barclays said that Advent cancelled the partnership.

so wer both a little confused as we have only been on the course 2month and have nothing to show for the 6k :confused:

Hi all, been following this thread with interest since the news of Advent's demise as I am also a student.

Here is my story with trying to get some answers.

I called Barclays Partner Finance today and she said that Advent themselves have not notified BPF that they are in administration - therefore, we all have to honour our credit agreements providing that they can secure a different training provider. She said that our credit agreements are not covered under section 75 (although when i challenged this she did just say that this is what they have been told to tell people).

So, Barclays think that Advent haven't gone bust - they have just ceased trading with Barclays.

Surely, our credit agreements can't be declared enforceable if the service that we signed up for cannot be provided by the provider of our choosing??? What kind of Consumer rights do we have, when we can have an "equivalent" forced on us without our agreement?

Something is seriously rotten with this whole setup.

I have just done some research and there are 3 directors and 1 company secretary to both companies Advent & Anglo. Another one of their companies is allchurch associates

Edited by Sticky1

Hi fellow suckers, very informative thread but slightly depressing too. All the postings I've read so far seem to be from people who have/had financing agreements. I'm not sure if I'm one of the lucky ones but I was refused credit (never had a credit card, loan or mortgage) and had to pay £5K up front. I've got my MCDST already and am carrying on to MCSE, or at least I thought I was. I guess that makes me only about £3.5K out of pocket and I'm still out of work.

Judging by what I've read it's probably best not to fork out even more money with another training provider and just wait to see what the receiver does. That could take a year and we may get nothing anyway. Does anyone know who the receiver is? Are there many others who paid up front?

Hi,

Im in the same situation. Paid the full amount off right away now it seems that anyone that did pay advent directly are screwed!! Surely if a resolution is being made available to barclays customers something must be made available to everyone who paid it themselves be it another course or a refund? Are we still seen as unsecured creditors?

I've spoken to my bank and they said they'll try something called a chargeback. I've spoken to CAD and they were less than helpful. I've spoken to consumers direct and it seems that the chances of me getting anything back is unlikely. I've spoken to companies house and they say the company is still active. I've sent emails to BBC, Daily mail and watchdog. I dont know what else I can do. I've only been on the course since October 2009 and I've lost close to £6000. Right now there is nothing more I can do. Its a waiting game.

God damn the f***ing c**nts who are behind this. If anyone know where Allchurch or Jones live let me know.

I'm sure there are others in the same situation and if you have any further information please let us know.

Until then my friends keep your chins up. :-):-)

Hi all,

veteran from last nights discussion, have been onto barclays partner finance today as the followed was discussed...

they are in process os finding an alternative accreduted ITTC provider to bthe equivilant or better than advent to help the students to continue there course,

if that is not found and no alternatives are available they admitted they are of breach of the contract they originally signed with ourselves, so are now breaking the agreement.

so they said that if this occurs then the amount owing on the loan or will have to be issued back to the borrower.

so looking at it both ways i know many dont want another training provider as we are all worried they will shaft us again but im just keeping my options open as im either looking at a refund or to continue the training.

a question for martin

if they offered a provider of the course that in my eyes, was not equivelent to advent but lower, could i decline and suggest an alternative for myself.

must say the help from everyone has been great

cherz

Wizard21......you mentioned that you don't think that barclays say that finance agreements are not convered by Consumer Credit Act. Are you talking about a barclays loan or the Career Development Loan? I have the barclays loan (Clydesdale as it was then) and printed right at the top is "FIXED SUM LOAN AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974"

Hi there, Well i have been told by Barclays that because I didnt notify them I was still studying after the two year period that they will not find me an alternative course and I have lost my money. I was told by Advent I only had to tell them if i wanted to defer the payments which I didnt.

Surely it is not right that an Advent salesman gave advice and helped setup the career development loan when he was not a financial adviser!

Martin, Do you know where I stand with this? Have I really lost out, Advent said the course was aslong as it takes?

Cheers

As far as I can see we are in the dark still. I wish a governing body or something would step up to take up the fight for the people! We work hard and ger scammed just as hard. I was told not to join Advent by 2 people and now I feel like a idiot for not listening.

I hope there will something coming out of this where I can get my money back. If they switch me to another IT provider I would expect to have the same promises made by Advent. If not I want to do some kind of rally outside one of their bigger branches and a epic protest!!!!

I live in Manchester for those interested in wanting to protest in the Manchester area outside Barclays. It will give them a lot more bad publicity and catch their attention! but thats if theres enough of us XD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks