Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

According to paragraph 3.5 of the signed contract:

Subject always to paragraph 3.6, where either of us terminates the contract (otherwise than in accordance with paragraphs 7.1, 10.1.2 or 10.1.3), we shall refund to you your course fee less any reasonable costs and expenses that we have incurred or are bound to incur in connection with the course and/or the contract.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to paragraph 3.5 of the signed contract:

Subject always to paragraph 3.6, where either of us terminates the contract (otherwise than in accordance with paragraphs 7.1, 10.1.2 or 10.1.3), we shall refund to you your course fee less any reasonable costs and expenses that we have incurred or are bound to incur in connection with the course and/or the contract.

I have no 3.6 in my Contract ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it only goes up to 3.3 ************

Did I remember to say ****

Does anyone know what this means?

10.1.1 - In the event that we make any voluntary arrangement with our creditors or become subject to an administration order or go into liquidation (except for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction and in such manner that the company resulting there from effectively agrees to be bound by or assume the obligations imposed on that other party under this agreement)

it sounds like they are saying that if they go into liquidation if they(in this case being barclays i assume) find another company to take on responsibility for the courses and students then everything should carry on as normal. though personally i would be very unhappy with this situation as the agreement i have is with advent, surely if this changes i should have a right to cancel.

Does anyone know what this means?

10.1.1 - In the event that we make any voluntary arrangement with our creditors or become subject to an administration order or go into liquidation (except for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction and in such manner that the company resulting there from effectively agrees to be bound by or assume the obligations imposed on that other party under this agreement)

I think this is what just happened to advent. This paragraph is under the point 10. "Termination"

Had the same e-mail folks, and checked the website and it's confirmed on there. Been on the MCSE course for just over 2 years now and am absolutely fuming about this! £5k and god knows how many hours of my time down the toilet by the looks of it! :mad::mad:

I've got a feeling there are many, many more people out there in the same boat. NOT GOOD!

Hi, I have also been with Advent for equally as long doing the MCSE coures... by chance, do you have the T & C's? from when you signed up?

Well, Well, This is not a Boat this is the Titanic, I'm in the same, I call Barclays this Morning and the Person I speak with told me that they Haven't Recieve any Confirmation from advent that they have go into Administration, but she say that they know and they will find another Training Provider or a Refound of my money, And she told me to keep Paying the Loan until they sort out with Advent haha! well, as well I call they person who Sold me the Course wich is MCSE £6,861.60 and no answer, I send a text to her and she Reply today "Hi there I'm abroad on Holiday Ill be back the 8th" and calling Advent the only thing you Hear is "Nobody is aviable to answer your call"

What we going to do??? :)

Well, Well, This is not a Boat this is the Titanic, I'm in the same, I call Barclays this Morning and the Person I speak with told me that they Haven't Recieve any Confirmation from advent that they have go into Administration, but she say that they know and they will find another Training Provider or a Refound of my money, And she told me to keep Paying the Loan until they sort out with Advent haha! well, as well I call they person who Sold me the Course wich is MCSE £6,861.60 and no answer, I send a text to her and she Reply today "Hi there I'm abroad on Holiday Ill be back the 8th" and calling Advent the only thing you Hear is "Nobody is aviable to answer your call"

What we going to do??? :)

dont pay. , report it to westmidlands news.. we all petition this is very unfair. im slowly going insane, mite go on rambo spree and just slaughter everything on sight!

i guess it's just a waiting game now to see what barclays say, i am currently seeking further legal advice on the matter (i'll will of course put anything up that might be of interest to anyone) i strongly suggest everyone else do the same even if it only be going to your local CAB

dont pay. , report it to westmidlands news.. we all petition this is very unfair. im slowly going insane, mite go on rambo spree and just slaughter everything on sight!

Can I go with you So we go more like the A-Team than Rambo??? :lol:

Hey what you think? should I cancel my direct Debit or something, I'm not F**** Paying that amout off with no training :) I'm just waiting to see what the hell they say!

:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

Hi, I have been in contact with BBC news Birmingham where Advent are based and Sky news and have just had an interview via telephone regarding this. They are taking up the story and would like to hear from anyone involved, they were under the impression that it was only affecting people who lived in the local area and not those living miles away - I'm in Kent! BBC News posted a comment on this blog with their phone number earlier- please give them a call. I am totally in with writing to BBC Watchdog

Hi, I have been in contact with BBC news Birmingham where Advent are based and Sky news and have just had an interview via telephone regarding this. They are taking up the story and would like to hear from anyone involved, they were under the impression that it was only affecting people who lived in the local area and not those living miles away - I'm in Kent! BBC News posted a comment on this blog with their phone number earlier- please give them a call. I am totally in with writing to BBC Watchdog

Well is bloddy affecting me as well, and I'm from York, I think we all have to do something and get together and Call or Whatever, cause is a big amount of money they are playing with :(

This was on another site - let us all raise the profile of this situation:

"Hello, in the Midlands Today TV newsroom at BBC Birmingham we have a reporter working on this story right now.

Could some of you affected by this please call 0121 567 6104.

Advent is based in our area. Midlands Today."

spoken to barclays just now for my Career Development loan,

she says in the bottom of that paragraph in any of the contracts with barclays, they are stated you signed in the dotted line that you are liable to pay every penny for this course even if the course FAILS to carry on.

she says in the bottom of that paragraph in any of the contracts with barclays, they are stated you signed in the dotted line that you are liable to pay every penny for this course even if the course FAILS to carry on.

Whaaaaaaaat?

That can't be posible, how I'm paying something I'm not using, Ok Barclays, give me my 6K back and I will pay you then, No, no, no, If I have to go to Court to kick A** I will do, anyway I haven't see this in the contract I Have, Anyway, the woman told something different to me so, I will se what happen in couple of days :D

With regards to this I have read through my Barclays Finance agreement paperwork and I saw this

"If you recieved unsatisfactory goods or services paid for under this agreement you may have the right to sue the suppier, us or both."

and

"If the contract is not fulfilled, perhaps because the supplies has gone out of business, you may still be able to sue us"

Looks like it may be that I paid my loan off in October last year to avoid doubling my initial amount

i spoke to barclays this morning regarding the money im paying for the course, i managed to cancel the dd, but they have arleady taken out this months fee, also i asked the whole advent thing how they have gone bust and do we get our money bk, the guy over the phone told me that there is noway i can get it back as it was not a dd set up it was a standing order. lol i hope they was joking!

has any1 heard from the cab on what we can do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks