Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Becouse of this facts i demand putting my account on dispute" ?

Hi Teo,

It is very important that you and anyone who is due to pay or their account is being reactivated by BPF to say in the letter clearl

"This Account Is Now In Dispute"and if you are, then state you are taking Legal Advice, BPF are then not allowed to hassle you or put charges or report to the Credit Reference Agency's

and state your reasons why mainly Computeach is unsuitable and again reasons why.

I feel like Mr Put your account in Dispute but it really is important and will buy you all some time. also Don't Phone them write to them keep a copy send recorded delivery.

edited

PS your English is very good.

Edited by HSBCrusher

Hi guys and gals. I'm a newbie here on the CAG forums and have been reading through a bunch of the pages but my eyes are staring to go funny, there's sooo many. Anyway.

I am in a similar boat to all of y'all and would like a bit of help.

I have the interest free over 5 years deal with BPF for the Advent course, which I got them to freeze at the end of february(having only just noticed the emails telling me advent went bust.

I then got the letter telling me CT have taken over. It was then that i sent them a letter stating the CCA s75 and that this didn't work for me. Having had no response for nearly a month, I then got a letter from them saying they were going to start taking payments again in May.

I notice that some people are talking about "account is in dispute" and also that there is some sort of action being taken?

I started to jump about pages and got myself well lost!! What should I be doing now as I sure dont want to be giving BPF anymore money for a service that is definitely not like for like as they say?!

Sorry for the long message btw.

:):?:(:???::)

Edited by gfunkasaur
oops. Just noticed Bluedo's post above. Is there a template letter? I'm emailing FUZZBUTT just now if thats cool?

Here you go gfunkasaur,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

Re: Account in dispute

I am writing to clarify that I am currently in the process of disputing this account due to the demise of Advent Consulting Ltd.

I note from your latest correspondence that you are proposing to issue me with a Default Notice on this account. I need to make you fully aware that I am disputing the sum owed and, as such, you must refrain from any further action until this dispute is fully resolved.

The current Banking Code (Section 13.6) states: We may give information to credit reference agencies about the personal debts you owe us if:

You have fallen behind with your payments,

The amount owed is not in dispute; and

You have not made proposals we are satisfied with for repaying your debt, following our formal demand.

I would also like to make you aware of The Office of Fair Trading Code of Guidance in which it states: putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive This includes ignoring disputes about whether money is owed and refusing to freeze action if the debt is in dispute.

If you do not stop this default action and proceed by making any adverse comments on my credit reference files, I shall be forced to take legal action against you under the Data Protection Act 1998.

I therefore hope to receive your full co-operation in this matter and would like to request a written response to that effect.

Yours sincerely,

Add in there the list below and add in that you don't want computeach as a provider and why not

Edited by Bluedo

add this in,

You may not demand any payment on this account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

You may not add any further interest or charges to this account.

You may not pass this account to any third party. (Credit Reference Agency)

You may not register any information in respect of this account with any of the credit reference agencies, any information must be removed immediately.

They may not issue a default notice related to this account either...

Stick that in there pipe my friend & tell them to choke on it, :D

Hi there everyone,

I am new to this site. I to am in dispute with BPF. I did'nt start the course with Advent untill the November 2009, a couple of months later I get a lousy email telling me that I will no longer be able to continue the training, with no explanation. Then followed by a letter from BPF stating that I had to carry on with the payments. After doing some research, I find out that Advent knew they were going into liquidation back in the feburary/ march time 2009, a good while after they knew. A month later I get sent a letter from CT. I then went on to compare what they were offering, it was pathetic in comparison to what we signed up for with Advent, Who claim by their own say so...very honest in what they offer...(yeh right!) but anyhow, from what I can gather,

-you have to travel to Dudley to do the exams with CT. With Advent, they gave regional exams, set at the nearest uni. I have 2 children, with very little money.

- Set time limits with CT.

- Could re-take failed exams time and again with no extra cost with Advent.

- Free telephone support with advent, no mention with CT.

- 24/7 call logging system with Advent, again with no mention off that with CT.

- Continual careers service with Advent, from the minuite you pass you're A+ certification, and from then on untill you get set in you're career, after being fully qualified. Not mention on the CT website.

They are just some of the comparisons i made. In actual fact, the CT website is realy quite lame. They do'nt sell themselves that well atall. The dissapointment, and stress of this has made me quite ill. I feel for everyone that has been affected. It's immoral and wrong. I'm fuming at the fact they knew they wer going into liquidation and still carried on enrolling people on to the courses.

Thank you, and sorry for the rant.

-

Edited by Double_o_jen

Cheers for that Bluedo, I shall get that letter sent ASAP. I shall add in the reasons as well if you think thats a good idea?

What exactly is the action Fuzzbutt and would contacting a solicitor be a wise idea?

Cheers

G

Hey, just got a message fro facebook group:

Subject: Property Professionals group Protest

Hi guys, i have received a message regarding a protest if anyone wants to attend,please see below for the message:

Hi Lucy it's Dave from the Property Professionals group.

There is a protest at Barclays 2010 AGM which will be held at 11:00-18:00 on Friday, 30 April at the Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, Belvedere Road, London SE1 8XX.

I would be grateful if you could pass this on to your guys if they wish to attend.

For those coming from the North & East free street parking is available in and around Beckton, Docklands, London. There is a good DLR link to central; London.

The interesting thing is that the organiser has taken a phone call from Barclays this morning who are getting nervous about the protest. He has said he will only cancel the demo if Barclays cancel all the loans!

The Daily Mirror and the Surrey Comet are covering the demo.

:)

unfortunatelly I cannot come as it is short notice but would be great to support them :)

Cheers for that Bluedo, I shall get that letter sent ASAP. I shall add in the reasons as well if you think thats a good idea?

What exactly is the action Fuzzbutt and would contacting a solicitor be a wise idea?

Cheers

G

Hi gfunkasaur

The reasons are why Computeach are unsuitable if you go back a couple pages there are some posted the list of guidlines from the OFT can be added as there are laws governing a disputed account. you can also contact consumer direct and CAB.

The legal action being taken is a class action lawsuit against BPF and is a great idea. how else would you be able to fight this injustice.

edited

You too Montyboy1

Edited by HSBCrusher

Yes all we do owe to fuzzbutt and bluedo.

I just received a mail from facebook group.

Advent training Scammed Us - we want our Money Back!

Subject: Property Professionals group Protest

Hi guys, i have received a message regarding a protest if anyone wants to attend,please see below for the message:

Hi Lucy it's Dave from the Property Professionals group.

There is a protest at Barclays 2010 AGM which will be held at 11:00-18:00 on Friday, 30 April at the Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, Belvedere Road, London SE1 8XX.

I would be grateful if you could pass this on to your guys if they wish to attend.

For those coming from the North & East free street parking is available in and around Beckton, Docklands, London. There is a good DLR link to central; London.

The interesting thing is that the organiser has taken a phone call from Barclays this morning who are getting nervous about the protest. He has said he will only cancel the demo if Barclays cancel all the loans!

The Daily Mirror and the Surrey Comet are covering the demo.

:)

To reply to this message, follow the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/n/?inbox%2Freadmessage.php&t=1444767083675&mid=242ad88G5af34362e1c3Ge43dbG0&n_m=syl_anwar%40hotmail.co.uk

hi fuzzbutt thanks for the email i have got all my documents and signed the papers, they will go tomorrow. you have done a fantastic job with this and spent most of your time helping us all. when our case is won you will deserve a medal for your effort alone and i reacon i speak for everyone that you have helped in saying a massive massive thank you.

Cashins said earlier but in case there is anyone who has current bank account with Barclays apparently they can empty it to recover monies owed so change your bank and open a new account with a different bank. and close the Barclay one. Tell them your not happy with the treatment you've had. ;)

(...)

Thank You for your precious advice Bluedo.

I signed in to Fuzzbutt action.

But as i understand i should avoid further cooperation with FOS ?

I was going to send tomorrow few letters:

- first to BPF about putting my acc in dispute,

- second to FOS, again with complaints but shown in the light of differences between Advent and Computeach,

- third to Trading Standards

I heard from somebody who had simillar problems that TS were realy helpfull (Fraser McKenzie students case (here`s their`s forum Welcome to Facebook | Facebook ), as o was told finaly most of the students have been refunded by BPF. I`ll try to get some more info and i`ll look into this forum for some more details later on, now i`m going to sleep after night shift :).

i did not get any student finance plan as you did, plus my interest is 29% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have I been properly screwd?

I just remember that i backed out of signing up for the course due to how high the monthly payments would have been, but then they came back to me with an offer to hold back £1000 for 2 years, which seems like a good thing at the time so i signed up.

Interest of 29%?? that's just insane

Thank You for your precious advice Bluedo.

I signed in to Fuzzbutt action.

But as i understand i should avoid further cooperation with FOS ?

I was going to send tomorrow few letters:

- first to BPF about putting my acc in dispute,

- second to FOS, again with complaints but shown in the light of differences between Advent and Computeach,

- third to Trading Standards

I heard from somebody who had simillar problems that TS were realy helpfull (Fraser McKenzie students case (here`s their`s forum Welcome to Facebook | Facebook ), as o was told finaly most of the students have been refunded by BPF. I`ll try to get some more info and i`ll look into this forum for some more details later on, now i`m going to sleep after night shift :).

Hi Teo,

You can continue your claim with the FOS Just the legal team has asked that you inform them of any outcome so as not to undermine what they are doing.

Definately write to BPF put account in Dispute and anyone can contact TS, Consumer Direct and CAB for immediate advice tell them you are involved in the legal action being taken.

BPF gets fined about £400 for each case reported to FOS :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks