Tesco deals

welsh_girl123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tesco as far as I am aware have a policy whereby if they are displaying the wrong price (or offer) they will refund the goods and let you keep them. So I very much doubt they will be displaying wrong prices, if they do it will get rectified as soon as possible

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

I'm told that it is when there is a special offer tag on the product. Sometimes these do not come up when the product goes through the checkout so you have to make sure they do.

If it doesn't they are happy to refund the difference but then you have the hassle of going through customer services etc for the sake of a pound or so. And that's if you do notice.

Also, the special offer tags have dates on them for when the offer starts and ends. Sometimes these aren't taken down in time so you think you're getting an offer but it has expired. Double check these purchases, the dates are written very small.

In Asda, the offer runs whenever it is displayed in store so you know that it is valid.

according to the self checkout tills at our tesco if you pay more than it says on the shelf you get double the differance back

never seen it happen mind

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I'm told that it is when there is a special offer tag on the product. Sometimes these do not come up when the product goes through the checkout so you have to make sure they do.

If it doesn't they are happy to refund the difference but then you have the hassle of going through customer services etc for the sake of a pound or so. And that's if you do notice.

Also, the special offer tags have dates on them for when the offer starts and ends. Sometimes these aren't taken down in time so you think you're getting an offer but it has expired. Double check these purchases, the dates are written very small.

In Asda, the offer runs whenever it is displayed in store so you know that it is valid.

An average Tesco will have thousands and thousands of products, there are bound to be mistakes. What else can you ask for other than a refund and being able to keep the item?

Regarding the special offer tags, as you say yourself they've got start and end dates on them so what's the problem? Yes they might get left out after they've expired but again, they're not super human. I can assure you that Tesco will almost always have one or more people doing "price integrity" checks, replacing hundreds of barcodes throughout the day. Clearly they're not all changed immediately and it takes some time to work their way around.

• 2 weeks later...
Tesco as far as I am aware have a policy whereby if they are displaying the wrong price (or offer) they will refund the goods and let you keep them. So I very much doubt they will be displaying wrong prices, if they do it will get rectified as soon as possible

Unfortunately I believe that policy ended some time ago - only a refund of the difference now.

I could be wrong though.

Even if it is on, you will have to ask explicitly for it - when I worked there, the policy was to refund only the difference unless someone pointed out the "full refund" policy.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

I've had this happen a few times with the lowered price tag, what i now do is keep all the reduced items seperate and leave till last to be scanned.

They dont go out of their way looking for the tags so i try to make them notice.

Was in there yesterday and happened to notice baguettes on the shelf, 1 for 40p and twin pack 84p :). It pays to check these things.

An average Tesco will have thousands and thousands of products, there are bound to be mistakes. What else can you ask for other than a refund and being able to keep the item?

Regarding the special offer tags, as you say yourself they've got start and end dates on them so what's the problem? Yes they might get left out after they've expired but again, they're not super human. I can assure you that Tesco will almost always have one or more people doing "price integrity" checks, replacing hundreds of barcodes throughout the day. Clearly they're not all changed immediately and it takes some time to work their way around.

The problem is that customers spending hundreds of pounds a month in Tesco and the least they can do is to make sure that their special offers they deliberately use to get more sales are correct. I'm not saying that Tesco should be super human, why the attitude? I was making a simple point to make other people aware about the fact they have to double check offers in Tesco.

How hard is it to have an alert system for staff so they know when to remove offers? My opinion is that if it is on the shelf, that price should stand. Morrisons and Asda take down the signs and then invalidate the offer on the tills rather than doing it back to front. The refund policy is all very well but when you've driven all the way home, it is not worth your while in terms of petrol or time driving all the way back, queuing up (and there is always a queue) for the sake of a couple of pound. But these things do add up and is a hassle customers could do without.