A/COVERT Security Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I received a £100 (£50 if paid within 28 days) 'Civil Parking Charge' from A/COVERT SECURITY SERVICES LTD.

This was for parking at the Galleries Shopping Centre in a car park that used to be free for all to use, however in recent years parts of it have sprouted signs stating that only permit holders can park there.

As I arrived at Asda at the Galleries there was a queue of cars to get into the car park, therefore I drove into the section across the road that is meant to be for permit holders. This car park is relatively empty as it's quite a walk from Asda but I don't mind that. There are very clear signs upon entry stating that it is 'for the use of permit holders only'. I parked there thinking "It's Saturday, this car park is for the offices, dentists etc and not really needed today, no-one will be patrolling etc". However 20 minutes later I returned to find the 'Parking Charge' stuck to my window. It states 'Notice of breach of parking conditions issued by A/COVERT SECURITY SERVICES LTD.' At the bottom of the ticket it states 'This ticket has been issued under theBPA code of practice'

The 'Breach of Contract' that I have committed is 'Parked without clearly displaying the required current valid permit'.

I'm assuming I should just follow the advice and ignore it. If I receive any letters from them just reply using the templates?

Cheers

easy way to make money out of people that know no better.

the 'owners' are prob getting a cut of every ticket paid!

ignore!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The 'Breach of Contract' that I have committed is 'Parked without clearly displaying the required current valid permit'.

Remedy for breach of contract is actual damages. You have not cost them any losses, so their legal claim is £0.

Hence why you should ignore all their junkmail and they will go away. I wouldn't take anyone to court if I hadn't suffered any damages.

won for what?

trying to con someone into paying a parking fine on private land?

no

do some reading.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cheers for the advice guys. Have any of these Mickey Mouse firms ever successfully taken anyone to court and won?

We've seen about 10 cases this last year - 0 wins and plenty of no-shows.

The only win we've ever seen was a guy who repeatedly parked on a church car park causing actual proven loss to the landowner.

Bear in mind the few cases we see are usually ego driven. There's no money in travelling to courts trying to win £100 off people. It's a waste of time financially when you consider the time and effort that has to go into making a claim.